Looking for input with an idea (REO Grand and Odysseus Dripping Mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
Hello Reonauts!

I love the simplicity of the REO - and I also love the versatility of the GG Odysseus repairable atomizer. Now I'd love to combine those two pieces and create a rebuildable REO with working bottom feed mechanism.

So I built an Odysseus in dripping mode and put it on the REO Grand in the place of the more common Cisco 306 or Boge carto.

Unfortunately it does not work so easily:

Issue 1: The drip well is too small for the base of the dripping mode Ody. Fully screwed down it chokes the air draw completely.

Issue 2: Although the Ody has an adjustable center pole it won't meet the center pole of the REO, missing it by a millimeter or two.

Result: The REO doesn't fire, but the bottom feeding works in principle - I can see the juice coming up to the coil.

I can make pictures tomorrow to illustrate, but that has to wait until tomorrow, it is too dark now =)

So, my questions are:
How can I extend the REO center pole? It doesn't look like one, but is it a screw?
Is the Woodvil or Woodvil 18490 or (upcoming) VV Woodvil drip cup wider than the Grand one? I don't have a Woody yet, but a 18490 is on the way - or is it, Rob? (I "am" the Luxemburg order =)

Where can I find a 510-510 connector with an open center post, preferrably in Europe? I found this 510 to 510 adapter | extender but it will take a while to reach me.

Does anyone have any other idea to make this work? I'd love a rebuildable REO.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Like these I have pictured for you but using a 510-510 Adapter, I am making up some of these today for the same thing you are thinking ChrisEU :2cool: The 510-510 Adapter you found at AvidVapor is the one you want, and the best 510-510 adapter out there, order a few of those and also order some 1/16" ss tubing

Attachments

• IMG_0480 (480x640).jpg
    IMG_0480 (480x640).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0481 (480x640).jpg
    IMG_0481 (480x640).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0482 (480x640).jpg
    IMG_0482 (480x640).jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0483 (480x640).jpg
    IMG_0483 (480x640).jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Chris you have the right website to order those adapters at Avid vapor, over at McMaster.com they have the high pressure SS Tubing you need, here is the link for the item you need to order = McMaster-Carr it's only $4.24 per foot,,,,,,, then just simply cut a piece and tach weld into place and done, very simple to do. Those pups are cute and nice Dogs Brutha

jun0felix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Switzerland
always very interesting to read here in the forums . soon i will be owner of an used bulli a2 classic steel which i would love to mount on my reo grand. i spent pretty much time in the Forum > Modding > Modding Forum > Atomizer Mods > Bulli A2-T - thread, reading about succesfull experiments in turning the a2 into a bottom feeder atty, but did not really find a conclusive explanation about how to or illustrating pictures.

sorry for breakin' in here, reminds me that i considered to sell my gg stealth ;) thanks for any help,

let the clouds be with you, felix

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
I posted this in the thread on the GG sub forum, too - I am not sure if it is allowed to double post or if I should just link - but anyway:

Okay, unfortunately I am not a fotographer - these shots will have to do.

I got my adapters from two retailers:https://www.madvapes.com/Shorty-510-Extension-and-Connector_p_2987.html and 510 to 510 adapter | extender. Both adapters are actually exactly the same.

I removed the extra nut on the adapters and saved it for later. I grabbed an o-ring (Size R-03, 5.00mm ID x1.80mm SD) and put it on the threads of the adapter, to close the drip-cup openings of the REO. I then screwed the adapter into the REO, and I had to screw it quite hard to still have the thing make contact.

When I used a slightly bigger o-ring (R-04, 6x1.80mm) I couldn't get it to work.

I measured the REO connector to make sure I didn't short the thing out, but it was ok.

So, after that adapter was installed I could go ahead and add the Ody in drippping mode. The draw is still a bit too airy for me, but overall it works well.

I will try making a special bottom feed wicking with wick reaching into the ceramic cup, but for now - Ody and REO works.

Chris

P22-02-12_10-00.jpg P22-02-12_10-01.jpg

acido

Nov 12, 2010
Philippines
@jun0felix , will try to take a picture later , but I think noone will mind if I post this vid FATTY: The repairable atomizer - YouTube , that's the unmodified version though there's no hole that runs through the atomizer and the only I know thats successfully modded that is the_great

once its modified for bottom fed you unscrew the center post from the bottom and the positive center thing on top will rise up so you can connect your kanthal then you tighten it again and the center thing will screw back in as well , in that vid you can still use your allen to unscrew it from the top.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread