Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
c40bfa43d146bdc5539fc2efee62fb91.jpg
53eb374c6fb116b3aa51eac79b9a458f.jpg

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Dang, missed that! Does it count as a sort of vapeversary? If so, I'll need to go shopping! :laugh:
If shopping lights the candles on your post-cake... then shopping it is!

You're not too far behind, Flux!
Yeah yeah yeah. If I wrote less per post (or posted more per write?)...
unknown.gif

BoomerFZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa
I just got my kfl+ V2 yesterday and I love it (first RTA so I haven't experienced any others yet) looking to see what ohm other kayfun users are vaping on.

right now Im vaping on 1.5ohm since I only have 30awg atm and I can't seem to get under that without the coil messing up on me.

Comment away.

If you're a mouth-to-lung vaper, you did VERY well in choosing your first RTA. I've tried many and none have produced better flavor or vapor than my KFL+ with the Erlkonigin coming a very close second. And I think you're in a very good sweet spot at 1.5 ohms.

Kloudz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Phoenix, Az
www.youtube.com
This is what I hate about "vaping". Why do you have to come along and rain on this guys parade. A Kayfun isn't old school, a Kayfun is a fabulous piece of kit...and nothing, including time, will change that. I've been vaping for almost two years, and I've tried most everything, and spent a lot of money doing so. In the end, I rock four KFL+'s, and one Erlkonigin. My KFL+'s are work horses, that provide a great vape, and keep me off cigarettes. Three of them are over a year old, and not a single item has been replaced on them...nothing, not even an o ring. That's not old school, that's quality. As a member of this community, we should support each other, not snub our noses because we have a different opinion about something.

I'm not raining on anything, maybe you can't read between the lines. I wasn't knocking the kayfun as I own 3 of them and think they are fantastic just like vinyl records which are awesome to. The kayfun is old school which did pave the way for the future of RTA'S. Old school is retro and cool!

Last edited:

locomikey5150

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Orange County, CA
Maybe just need to replace the o-rings?

Tried that; threads are just shot in the polycarbonate plastic. It's so bad it doesn't even tighten completely anymore. I got a lot of use out it, and it's nothing a simple $8.00 purchase can't fix though. All in all, the Kayfun is a great atty.

deeskinna

Dec 29, 2014
Halifax
If you're a mouth-to-lung vaper, you did VERY well in choosing your first RTA. I've tried many and none have produced better flavor or vapor than my KFL+ with the Erlkonigin coming a very close second. And I think you're in a very good sweet spot at 1.5 ohms.
Right now I'm just looking for flavour on my kfl+ not looking to get big clouds or anything from it so should I just keep it around 1.5 ohm?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Right now I'm just looking for flavour on my kfl+ not looking to get big clouds or anything from it so should I just keep it around 1.5 ohm?
If one were to do a poll, I'd imagine that the vast majority of KFL+ users run (regularly) between 0.9Ω and 1.7Ω, depending on wire gauge and desired heat flux values. (coil radiant heat in milliwatts per millimeter of coil surface area, squared).

At 1.0Ω, a single 27 gauge 8 wrap (at 20 watts - Ohms law) will run a HF of 250 mW/mm2. Not as warm as I'd run an RDA, but still, nicely warm. 1.0Ω+/- in KFLs and R91%s, with an "out and about" 18350 mech... provides about 13~15 minutes of continuous run time.

Gallowaystx

Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Philadelphia
I run mine between 1.2 and 1.4 ohms usually on a provari mini for my out and about rig. 28g wire and a simple microcoil. I really don't think it can be beat, old school or otherwise it's bombproof, a superb vape (one that all other RTAs are still measured against frankly, at least for flavor) and looks the business. I get more comments from my walking around "old school" setup than i do from my subtank/rdna setup or any other that i rock.

full transparency - i am also a rabid vinyl record collector so take that as you will...

p.s. i hate the KFL+ drip tip and replace it with a different one (i like the one from a nautilus) basically right away.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

Keep it around 1.5ohms.

I have one in the utility room reading 1.4ohms on an iStick. It's a great atomizer. I am using mine as the Lemo Drop is being a gurgle monster.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

It's a more advanced build, but the hands down best flavor I've gotten from my kayfun is with that Clapton coil. Works well in the 1-1.5 ohm range.

Here is a how to vid.....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DMirb8MlsWk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Purchasing my first kayfun and then realized after my first few vapes what I was missing all the time I was using protanks. I hesitated pulling the trigger on a kayfun for months, every time talking myself out of buying it thinking these protanks are doing me just fine. Now because of that kayfun purchase I have shelved all my protanks and just use kayfuns, 6 of them now. My work vape is a 5 wrap 1.4 ohm spaced 30 gauge coil on a provari and it just vapes spectacular, much better than the protanks even with a drilled out airflow adapter.
I was hit and miss on the wicking at the beginning but have gotten it down pat so maybe 1 out of every 10 builds I have to revamp the wicking so it don't leak out the airflow.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I really wish I had been able to get the wicking right with the Kayfun. I tried and tried and just could never get it right. Either they leaked or dry hits all over the place. With all the options out there for them the Kayfun is the tank to have. I on the other hand have had the best luck with the erlkoenigin. No leaking and only dry hit is when I ran it dry. Oh how I wish I could of gotten the Kayfun down. So very jealous of you. Hope you enjoy it.

deeskinna

Dec 29, 2014
Halifax
I really wish I had been able to get the wicking right with the Kayfun. I tried and tried and just could never get it right. Either they leaked or dry hits all over the place. With all the options out there for them the Kayfun is the tank to have. I on the other hand have had the best luck with the erlkoenigin. No leaking and only dry hit is when I ran it dry. Oh how I wish I could of gotten the Kayfun down. So very jealous of you. Hope you enjoy it.
I had the same problem with mine for the first few days then I finally found a video of someone wicking it and i tried it and it didn't leak yet hopefully it stays that way

I'm pretty sure the video was: troubleshooting kayfun light.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Yep, old school 8 KF 3.1's, wife 3, me 5 (I stole one of hers, shhhhh), love them all.
My first RTA was a cheap geni tank I bought at a local vape shop that I finally gave up on after multiple build attempts and less than a tank vaped. Donated to the trash can and went back to protank/puritanks. Many moons later after trying the much hyped nautilus tank I bought my first Kayfun 3.1. The rest is history. My PT/Puritanks are dust collectors. I read many posts about the KF's leaking but the only leaks I've had have been due to my using the top fill technique incorrectly.
I build mine @2.5 ohm, 9 warp, 1.5mm mandrill, micro coil, cotton wick and running my DNA50 or DNA30 hana clones @ 7 - 8 watts.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
Two Kayfun Lite+ V2s, one Kayfun nano. The one I'm currently using is a .9 ohm on 28 gauge running about 14.5 watts (3.6V). The others are running 1.2 and 1.4 ohms and I consistently run all of them around 14 watts, give or take. I tend to vape frequently so anything over that tends to burn if I'm not careful. All my juice is 50/50 and I'm mouth to lung mostly. I have a Subtank Mini running the prebuilt .5 ohm coil on the RBA but you have to lung hit that bad boy even on the smallest hole. The Kayfuns are my daily work horses and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I might need to replace the clear tank section as a couple have gotten a bit cloudy lately (only had them 3 months. I guess "old school" describes my age but I've only been vaping just short of 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread