Looking for new batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Ok, one of my 30A batteries went kaput, and now I'm left with one last Sony VTC4. It's time for me to get a new set of batteries for my dripper. I'd like to ask your opinions as to which to get...but here's some criteria.

First, Sony is ruled out. There are too many fakes out there, and even an honest vendor can get duped. Since I will use a 20A build on it, I want to make sure they're rated at what they say they are. So no Sony's, even though I know they're good batteries, I dont want to take the risk.

Second, IT has to be 30A or better CONTINUOUS. It has to be explicitly stated that it has a continuous discharge rate of 30A or higher. Pulse ratings do not count.

third, 2000 mAh or higher.

I am thinking of going with MXJO 2500 mAh 35a continuous... But I don't know their track record.

Another option is the Efest 35a 2800 mAh batteries.

Any other advice would be welcome. Sources to buy would be nice as well.

Thank you in advance.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Ok, one of my 30A batteries went kaput, and now I'm left with one last Sony VTC4. It's time for me to get a new set of batteries for my dripper. I'd like to ask your opinions as to which to get...but here's some criteria.

First, Sony is ruled out. There are too many fakes out there, and even an honest vendor can get duped. Since I will use a 20A build on it, I want to make sure they're rated at what they say they are. So no Sony's, even though I know they're good batteries, I dont want to take the risk.

Second, IT has to be 30A or better CONTINUOUS. It has to be explicitly stated that it has a continuous discharge rate of 30A or higher. Pulse ratings do not count.

third, 2000 mAh or higher.

I am thinking of going with MXJO 2500 mAh 35a continuous... But I don't know their track record.

Another option is the Efest 35a 2800 mAh batteries.

Any other advice would be welcome. Sources to buy would be nice as well.

Thank you in advance.
The only 30a continuous drain rate that I'm aware of are the Sony vtc4 and vtc3. If there are others, I'd be happy to know about em. There are quite a few places to buy authentic if you're interested. If not, the best I can recommend are the samsung 25r, which have a CDR of 25 amps and 2500mah.

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
I'd be very cautious of anything with a higher rating than Sony's VTC line. The 35A efests are a lie, and the true continuous is 20A, be VERY careful, I was fooled as well. Never again will I buy an Efest battery, its just re wraps on existing cells. Worst of all, they exaggerate specs with no discord.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
There are plenty of genuine VTC4s out there, or you can go with the Orbronix 30X which is a highly reputable VTC4 re-wrap.
The MXJO 2500 is a reputable 20A CDR battery ~ I found this info by searching ECF itself.
There is no 18650 that has a confirmed and fully tested CDR higher than 30amps. I also will never buy another Efest battery.

Reactions: NealBJr

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Buying your batteries from a reputable dealer shouldn't be a concern. Dealers do get duped occasionally, but I don't believe that the more well known dealers are apt to get duped. If you worry about that, you are gonna have a hard time buying any batteries.
I always recommend RTDVapor, no affiliation other than being a well satisfied customer, as I have been buying batts and chargers from them for years, and they have earned my trust.

Reactions: yuseffuhler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread