Looking for new toppers for my K100...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I bought my K100, I also got a smok Octopus RDA, and while it has been a good unit to start with, I am now left wanting more, and a better unit!

For an RDA, I am looking for something that will look good on top of my K100, I desperately need something that has at least a moderate well in it, and something that may be a little easier to drip than my Octopus. I like running micro coils, single or dual. I also have on order some 27g A1 for lower ohm's than my current 30g coils. All my builds are cotton, I have some Ekowool that I am just not a huge fan of, if I do use it, I open it up, stuff it with cotton and wrap about 3-5 wraps tightly around the outside of that.

For a Genny, I am unsure of what exactly I want as I have never used one, only this Octopus, and protanks. I like the looks of a RSST or KFL style, but do not know too much about which is better or easier to use. I do like having a pretty airy draw, my Octopus is drilled out to a single 1/8" hole [#30 drill bit, only thing I had around me at the time, and it is slightly overkill so far, another reason I ordered my 27ga, to run a hotter coil to take advantage of the airflow.]

I do want a decently priced unit, I am willing to spend a MAX of $50 each. I like to carry my stuff around all day in my pocket, whether I am at work [Union sheet-metal worker] or whatever else, so I do not like being TERRIBLY concerned about breaking or losing anything.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
igo-w.jpg kayfun-clone.jpg

K100 w/IGO-W, K100 w/KayFun 3.1 Clone (EHPro? Not sure which clone this is)

18650 mode with 18500 battery & Crown 2.0

With the IGO W I currently run a single 2 Ohm micro-coil with cotton (14 wraps of 28 AWG & 1/16") in VV mode at 5.5V.

With the Kayfun I run a single 2 Ohm micro-coil with cotton from 5 - 8 watts (depending on flavor/liquid).

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I don't think you'd be disappointed with the kayfun type devices. If you don't mind chrome plated brass, fasttech has a kayfun type called the rocket at a good price. That might be a good way to test the waters so to speak.

I have three dream 804s and that's all I use at the moment, but I've got one ehpro and one tobeco on the way. Both of those have been getting mostly good reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread