Sub-Ohm Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

genoxy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm trying sub-ohm builds on rda's since I feel I've mastered coil wrapping and builds on gennies and hybrids and looking to try something new.

I have been watching McVapes and ieatbeanerz on YouTube, have a few questions:

1) I'm using IGO-L and Octopus rda but the original airholes don't seem to allow much airflow and obviously that restricts the vapour production, whats the recommended airhole size I should drill them out to? is 1 enough for should I go for 2?

2) I tried ieatbeaners IGO-L dual coil build and its hard to tell if any wires are touching because there are so many crammed into that little space all over the place... Is there a setting on the multimeter that will tell me if I have a short? I just tested the ohms and its coming up as 0.8 which is higher than the 0.3 ieatbeanerz was getting.

3) On that same build on my K100 mech mod I tried firing it once I was semi confident no wires were touching and it was firing well, producing good vapour but after about 2 minutes the battery and atty were getting quite warm and I put in on charger and it was down to 3.4V, could it be rapid discharging because of a short?

4) What's the benefit of a single wire dual coil as opposed to dual wires like on McVapes Octopus rda bunny tail build?

I have set the RDA's aside for now until I drill the holes out tomorrow but hoping for some help with these questions

I understand the risks involved in sub-ohm builds and would really like to avoid people telling me off as I've seen in other posts, just looking for some help and maybe some direction so I can make massive clouds and avoid this :)

sub ohm.jpg

I made that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread