Looking for something better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
I have an ego-c and a twist batt, right now I am still using the ego-c as it comes it comes in the box. I've tried the clearomzers both short and long wicks and I really don't like these things, leaks dull flavor, and cracking. I've tried the Kanger horizontal coil cartos and the boge LR and standard resist cartos, I'm not liking the filler taste I'm getting with them, but I love the depth of flavor I get from the juice. The ego-c is a bit of a hassel filling it through the precut hole in the tanks and it still leaks but not too bad. I need something that will hold more liquid and still give me the flavor I get from the cartos without the filler taste and hold more liquid than the ego-c tanks, but still fit well on the twist battery? I looked at the ViVi Nova, and it looks so much like the clearos and seems far to bulky to go in my pocket.

By the way, I'm a chef, and the ego fits well in this little case I found, but it barely fits so anything wider than the battery just won't work for around the kitchen. So I also need something that won't leak if the juice gets a little thinner from the heat in the kitchen, which I've noticed happens with the ego-c. In the hot kitchen all day is when I get leaks with the ego-c tanks, on my days off no leaks.

Wickedwench

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2012
Toledo
For a minimum of cash, I would suggest you try a couple of things from Crystal Clear Vapor. (No, I don't work for them! I had all the same problems as you've listed and I got the best answer from them!)

They sell an epower 14650 kit. It is only slightly larger than ego batteries. The kit comes with 2 interchangeable batteries so you can have one charging while you use the other. A charged battery lasts me 18 hours, so I don't have the constant swapping I had to do with ego batteries.

I have had no luck at all with clearomizers. They either don't wick properly or they flood.

I couldn't taste the sponge in Mad Vapes Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers. They hold almost 3 ml, so I didn't have to top them off very often. Cleaning was a pain and I hated throwing them out, so I kept looking.

Now I use Crystal Clear's resurrectors. No filler flavor, but they don't hold as much. Flip side is that they clean so easily and quickly that I've given up on all other methods!

Good luck & good eating!

man91433

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Using a SmokeTech DCT 3 ml (1.5 ohm) on an eGo C Twist at 4.6 volts - the tank hasn't leaked on me once and I carry it around in my pocket - 3ml tank is the same diameter as the battery and is a breeze to fill - I'm a heavy vaper and 1 tank lasts me about 10 hours on a single fill. The 3 ml tank runs about $ 13 - $ 16 depending on the vendor - no filler taste and awesome vapor production, my juice flavour is good and clean.

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
I don't need the batteries, I'm thrilled with the ego-c twist, I have another twist coming soon so my regular ego batteries are simply backup at this point. It's the delivery system I need something new in. I'll try out the resurrectors, I like the cartos I tried, just not the filler taste I got with them. I'll have to check out the DCT tank too, I have been eyeing it for a while, just kind of wary about the filler taste of cartos. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I'll try out the resurrectors, I like the cartos I tried, just not the filler taste I got with them.
Lately some complaints about the Boges tasting funny. I used the Smok Tech 1.7 single coil XL aka Resurectors in a tank but now use a V2 Clearomizer.
In the hot kitchen all day is when I get leaks with the ego-c tanks, on my days off no leaks.
Lots of vapers reporting problems with the leaking eGo-C tanks.
Here's a vid that may be of help:

Ember

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Tyler, TX
If you'd like my 2 cents. Have you looked into a little bottom feeder for work? A madvapesvv box, REO or a vapage VMOD might hit the spot.

The reason that I ask, is that they hold plenty of juice, are quite pocket-friendly, and are great vapes. I understand you wanting something that fits your case, but perhaps you need something a bit more rough and tumble, eh?

<3
E.

Last edited:

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
If you'd like my 2 cents. Have you looked into a little bottom feeder for work? A REO or a vapage VMOD might hit the spot.

The reason that I ask, is that they hold plenty of juice, are quite pocket-friendly, and are great vapes. I understand you wanting something that fits your case, but perhaps you need something a bit more rough and tumble, eh?

<3
E.

Fitting the case is just convenience, and for keeping the juice that does leak due to the heat of the kitchen contained so it doesn't stain the white chefs coat. I may need something more rough and tumble, I'm not really sure, I just know I'm not happy with what I've tried so far, but I don't want to go back to analogs.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind

Mrsoutlaw

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2012
Broward country, Florida
I second the Phoenix from gotvapes. Both the top and bottom coil are nice. Personally, I love the bottom coil at 2.4-2.6ohms. You get a really good flavor and a nice vapor. The Top coil will give you a warmer vape, but since I usually use fruit and desert flavor juices, I want the cooler vape. They are super easy to clean and last a long time.

My husband is a landscaper and uses them on a Volt X2, which is similar to a kgo and ego. He bangs it around all day, and has it in the 90degree heat hear in south florida, and has no problems with it.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
The Phoenix is a good carto, but don't mistake the Vivi Nova for another Clearomizer. Nothing could be further from the truth. For one thing, they don't leak. Period. Not upside down, when shaken, in your pocket when laid on their side overnight, never. You can't make one leak unless you open it up.

Yeah, it's a bit bulkier than a clearomizer. It's a tank. It holds about 3-3.5ml. It has heads you can replace or re-coil or re-wick. It tastes way better than any clearomizer I've tried, and I've tried plenty. It's about 19mm in diameter or 3/4" or less than a nickel. You can get metal tanks for $4 that won't break or crack no matter what juice you vape. You get the whole thing with 3 heads for $15 and, with a few bucks worth of wire, you can make them last longer than a half-dozen boxes of clearos. They're the bargain of the year and vape beautifully.

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
The Phoenix is a good carto, but don't mistake the Vivi Nova for another Clearomizer. Nothing could be further from the truth. For one thing, they don't leak. Period. Not upside down, when shaken, in your pocket when laid on their side overnight, never. You can't make one leak unless you open it up.

Yeah, it's a bit bulkier than a clearomizer. It's a tank. It holds about 3-3.5ml. It has heads you can replace or re-coil or re-wick. It tastes way better than any clearomizer I've tried, and I've tried plenty. It's about 19mm in diameter or 3/4" or less than a nickel. You can get metal tanks for $4 that won't break or crack no matter what juice you vape. You get the whole thing with 3 heads for $15 and, with a few bucks worth of wire, you can make them last longer than a half-dozen boxes of clearos. They're the bargain of the year and vape beautifully.

I've been eyeing these for a while, and was admitedly comparing them to the clearos simply due to the looks of the innards being so similar. I've heard great things about them so far. I will definately have to give it a go, lol it is cheaper than a mod and if I am disappointed in it I can always sell it to the neighbor I converted like I did those clearos I had left. Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread