Looking for something simple & portable

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweeneyTodd79

Oct 21, 2014
Michigan
If you're a pack every 2-3 days, then an ego style battery might be the thing, with a $5 tank that you can just replace when it gets too gummed up/dirty.

a 900 MaH battery would likely last you most of the day, and a spare would carry you through that day and most if not all of the next.

I would recommend going with a higher PG content for starters if you can find it, say 70/30 because it'll gove you more throat hit and slightly less sweetness than a 50/50 mix.

Plus, they will fit into a breast pocket and hide out of sight on most people, or will go anyplace you would stick a pen in a bag.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
The 900 mAh Ego battery for you. I was using one of these and an 1100 mAh, except it was a Twist model, let you go from 3.7 volt up to 4.5 I believe. Then, upgraded to an Ego V type of battery, an 1100 mAh. It looks something akin to wee little light saber handle. :)

The Smok / Smok Tech Aro is a really decent bottom coil tank with a Pyrex glass tube encased in aluminum/brass. The replaceable coil heads are reasonably priced. I apologize, at the moment not able to recall where I found them for $5 a pack. Still, worth looking into even at $7 a pack as more often than not a coil can last around a month, two weeks, rinse and clean, reuse.

You may find a few dud coil heads in packs at times. Vendors are fairly good regarding this, just email/phone and let them know. They likely will credit you a free pack on your next order to encourage repeat business, no hard feelings. Some may offer to ship out new single coil heads if you ship back the faulty ones. It isn't usually any real grand jury type of case. *chuckles*

Have to agree with some advice garnered early on. "Have backups." I would suggest 2 900 mAh Ego type batteries, spring $3 for an express Ego type wall/USB charger. Use 1 of the batteries, put the other on to charge. They take around 2-3 hours to fully charge from empty status. Found I could eek out around 10 hours of use prior to needing recharged. I'm a moderate so base estimates on that. You might only get around 7-9 hours. Vaping genuinely is subjective with a lot of the issues. This is why you may feel you get vague or run around replies. It varies from person to person, equipment to equipment.

Have "graduated" from the Ego style batteries and am on to an MVP2. Still holding onto the Ego styles. I hear an MVP2 takes at least 4 hours to fully charge, yet they can last moderates up to 4 days, again all in flux w/ use/user. Still using the $5 Smok Aro tank, and a Kanger AeroTank, once I get the tube replacement. *chuckles* Found out the Smok single coils I mentioned fit the AeroTank and do well enough for me. No need to pay $8-15 for dual coils when a $5 pack can suit, and that's coils for either tank or both.

Think next on my list may be a Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 battery, simply for its aesthetics, being a pass-through. But it can wait a bit. Need to haggle with the boss lady and have learned it better to wait for a few months after big spending sprees. ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread