Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

JoppaRoadCruiser

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
[–]I_Plunder_Booty Current vape>> taser, brillow pad, tampon, and a funnel 5 points 9 hours ago*

This has been known for as long as vaping has been around. Battery technology is not new and very slow to innovate. The chemistry is pretty readily available in a wide veriety of outlets. Sony Japan sold the rights to their batteries to china a couple of years ago if I'm not mistaken. Chances are that efest makes VTC5s according to Sony's formula. But other ....tier manufacturers also make them. This is why I shake my head when people talk about legit or fake VTC5s. They're all fake, as in they're not made by Sony, but some manufactuers make them correctly and some do not. That is why all thsoe "spot the fake" pictorials are bull..... A ....ty looking VTC5 could work beter then a pristine one. The only way to tell if you have a good VTC5 is by the performance. How long do they last, do they work consistently, what level of charge do they take, and how do they act under a heavy load. The SX chips in the newer box mods are great at this because they show how your battery behaves while you click the button, if the power drops all the way you have a .... battery, if it only drops a bit you got a good one.

Good vendors buy their sony's from good companies that make quality batteries. Like illuminationsupply, buy their batteries, they've been around for a while, their vendors have a track record of quality Sony VTC5 batteries. Don't buy from ebay cause you don't know what child labor sweat shop is producing them.

TL;DR- Chances are your Sony VTC5s were made by efest. And they still perform like the original Sony VTC5s cause they follow the same formula. Don't buy batteries off ebay cause other factories make them too.

I thought this was an interesting explanation from that reddit thread.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread