Looking for SXK Kayfun v5 Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been using an EhPro Kayfun clone for the past several years... I never really bothered to upgrade because it worked so well for me, and I just loved it so much. I'm not generally of the disposition to keep up with the latest trends or to own multiple mods and tanks. I just find what works and stick with it for a long time. It really was my perfect tank... until I recently broke the build deck beyond repair.

FatDaddyVapes used to sell repair kits some years ago, but it seems as if those days are long gone.

So I began looking into the most recent model of Kayfun, the v5. I always go with clones because buying an actual Kayfun is somewhat outside of my budget. So I found a website (vapeyaya.com) that had the SXK clone in stock, and I went ahead and ordered it. Unbeknownst to me, VapeYaya ships from China, and while I've been tracking the shipment I noticed that once it departed from Shanghai via air to JFK airport in New York, the tracking updates have stopped dead. It should be a 14-hour flight, but it's been "on its way to JFK" for three days now. I am beginning to suspect that it's being held up in customs and that this may have something to do with the recent hysteria surrounding vape products originating from China, as well as the current political situation regarding the relations between our two countries.

So I began the search for a website that would sell me an SXK v5 that ships from either the USA or Europe. I was disappointed to find that almost all of these websites are out of stock. The more I looked into it (Google searches revealing reviews and such) the more I realized just how old this product is (I kept finding reviews from 2016), and it may even by that they aren't actually manufactured anymore (that is to say, the SXK clone, rather than the actual Kayfun v5).

So that brings me to my point. Does anybody on this forum know where I could acquire the SXK clone? I've found in the past that Tobeco clones aren't quite as robust as the others, and I haven't yet looked into whether or not I can find one of those, but I thought it worth posing the question to my fellow EFC members to find out if anybody either knows where I can buy one from not China, or owns one that they'd be willing to sell to me. Fingers crossed... any suggestions?

expect 8-10+ days from when a package leaves CN.
It's only a 14 hour flight but packages sit in bins for awhile until processed.

I'll have to take your word for it, then. I've ordered plenty of products from China that sped right through customs, but I guess each shipment is unique, and to be fair, this may be the first time I've had one shipped via air. Usually the long haul is the shipping ship across the Pacific to California, rather than the domestic customs process... but I suppose an additional factor may be that it traveled by air.

Obviously you are an individual of superior intelligence and taste. ;) V5's are getting harder to find and haven't seen SXK in a good while. Eciggity does have Tobeco for $25.99 and 10% off (use "TENOFF"). Ordered two for myself. Post if you find SXK's.

Ha! I appreciate the compliment... and thanks for the tip! I may just jump on that for the mean time. Right now I'm stuck on a Nautilus 2 :-x ...although a buddy of mine gave me his Vaporesso Skrr tank. Sad part about that is I just got down to my last coil and it's a dud... hadn't planned on ordering more until I had begun using that one. One of the many reasons I prefer building my own.

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
So I've been using an EhPro Kayfun clone for the past several years... I never really bothered to upgrade because it worked so well for me, and I just loved it so much. I'm not generally of the disposition to keep up with the latest trends or to own multiple mods and tanks. I just find what works and stick with it for a long time. It really was my perfect tank... until I recently broke the build deck beyond repair.

FatDaddyVapes used to sell repair kits some years ago, but it seems as if those days are long gone.

So I began looking into the most recent model of Kayfun, the v5. I always go with clones because buying an actual Kayfun is somewhat outside of my budget. So I found a website (vapeyaya.com) that had the SXK clone in stock, and I went ahead and ordered it. Unbeknownst to me, VapeYaya ships from China, and while I've been tracking the shipment I noticed that once it departed from Shanghai via air to JFK airport in New York, the tracking updates have stopped dead. It should be a 14-hour flight, but it's been "on its way to JFK" for three days now. I am beginning to suspect that it's being held up in customs and that this may have something to do with the recent hysteria surrounding vape products originating from China, as well as the current political situation regarding the relations between our two countries.

So I began the search for a website that would sell me an SXK v5 that ships from either the USA or Europe. I was disappointed to find that almost all of these websites are out of stock. The more I looked into it (Google searches revealing reviews and such) the more I realized just how old this product is (I kept finding reviews from 2016), and it may even by that they aren't actually manufactured anymore (that is to say, the SXK clone, rather than the actual Kayfun v5).

So that brings me to my point. Does anybody on this forum know where I could acquire the SXK clone? I've found in the past that Tobeco clones aren't quite as robust as the others, and I haven't yet looked into whether or not I can find one of those, but I thought it worth posing the question to my fellow EFC members to find out if anybody either knows where I can buy one from not China, or owns one that they'd be willing to sell to me. Fingers crossed... any suggestions?
Its so funny you started this thread cause I was just on the same mission as you to find the sxk kayfun 5 clone. I ended up finding vapeyaya and made an order for the mini last weekend. My order shipped out a few days ago and im already prepared to have to wait like 3 weeks for it to come. I think your order will come just give it like another week. My orders from China always take a long time.

Im dying to know what you think about it. Please let us know when it comes in.

Reactions: bombastinator

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
@psychonaut25, I think that you're going to have a very hard time finding them. But I do wish you luck in your endeavour.

If all else fails though, I don't know whether the Ulton Tripod clone may be of interest to you?
I was actually looking at the Ulton Tripod clone have you tried it? Also curious if you've tried the Sxk Taifun GT3 clone cause I got that one coming also.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@johnpalley, I've got a couple of the Ulton Tripod's. Tried using them in DTL configuration with a 3mm ID coil and Rayon, but not had a great deal of luck so far to get them to behave and work well. I'll get there eventually.

But the machining quality is very good and materials used are of good quality, o rings are garbage though. But better quality o rings are easy enough source and replace.

So they're worth a recommendation, unfortunately I've never used or tried a GT3 clone. I think that Ulton do a clone of those as well.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
There's a few different places around @johnpalley, as I'm UK based I use Polymax.

And try to get EPDM, FKM or FFKM ones suitable for food and pharmaceutical manufacturing, and also you'll need a basic explanation of shore hardness as well. Higher numbers are harder and lower numbers are softer.

And do you have Vernier Calipers at one side? As they're very useful for getting o rings just right with any RTA, as I've found sometimes what they tell you to use isn't what need to use.

And one of the most interesting things about the Tripod is that you can use different inserts to change the vaping experience, as well as the ability to do MTL or DTL depending upon how configured. And when you get it right with the bottom airflow it truly shines, well worth picking one up just because you're worth it.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA

If looking for a V5 clone I would try to hunt down the SMJY. By far the best. You might have to scour the classies. I got mine from 3FVape. Have you tried Legend Gadget? I was under the impression that Vapeyaya was located in and ships from Hong Kong. Many Chinese vendors send shipments from their HK, Germany and Italy warehouses. And most don't print their company name on the return address label. Unless the FTC is at JFK scanning every package for vape products I can't see why it would get sent back. Not every Chinese product is subject to the trade war. They way my products arrive you can't tell what it is except a small electronic device. Also, when shipped from China the tracking is generated by Chinese Post. Once it hits the states it switches to USPS tracking. Different set of numbers. Sometimes it takes awhile for this to happen. Did you contact Vapeyaya with questions? They should be able to track your package.

• Informative
Reactions: psychonaut25

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I have no idea who made these but I bought 3 of them back when first released, they are top notch 1:1.
$14.98 V5 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5-6ml / 316 stainless steel + glass / 25.5mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I have had well over 300 shipments of vape related products shipped from China over the years and doubt if any came over other than by air.
The bottle neck appears to be Customs getting around to the pallet that's been sitting on their for days.
Edit: I see that I posted a link to the 25 mm one, I meant it to be for the 22 but my FT history doesn't go back far enough. I prefer the 25 over the 22 but that' just me.

• Agree
Reactions: puffon

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
There's a few different places around @johnpalley, as I'm UK based I use Polymax.

And try to get EPDM, FKM or FFKM ones suitable for food and pharmaceutical manufacturing, and also you'll need a basic explanation of shore hardness as well. Higher numbers are harder and lower numbers are softer.

And do you have Vernier Calipers at one side? As they're very useful for getting o rings just right with any RTA, as I've found sometimes what they tell you to use isn't what need to use.

And one of the most interesting things about the Tripod is that you can use different inserts to change the vaping experience, as well as the ability to do MTL or DTL depending upon how configured. And when you get it right with the bottom airflow it truly shines, well worth picking one up just because you're worth it.
Have no idea what Vernier Calipers are lol. Im just gonna wait till my clones get here and see if I have any issues with the o rings, this stuff is too hard to figure out right now.

Thanks for the info on the tripod, I'll prob end up picking it up at some point later on. I got four clones coming in the mail right now.

Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@johnpalley, these are Vernier Calipers so you have an idea of what I'm on about.
20190716_005955.jpg

They're used to measure the inside and outside diameter of various things.

Reactions: Tig7

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
And don't forget to take a look at those Exvape Expromizer V3 Fire RTA's, as they may well be of interest to you @johnpalley.

As Exvape was created to make RTA's that would be able to keep up with high end manufacturers at much more affordable prices.

If I remember rightly, they're under $20 using MAP code at fasttech.
So the o rings aren't measured by millimeters?

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
F7EA1C12-7231-44EE-8637-4FDDF4E2417C.jpeg
And don't forget to take a look at those Exvape Expromizer V3 Fire RTA's, as they may well be of interest to you @johnpalley.

As Exvape was created to make RTA's that would be able to keep up with high end manufacturers at much more affordable prices.

If I remember rightly, they're under $20 using MAP code at fasttech.
I have one of these will this work?

Oh and thanks for the heads up on the Exvape Expromizer V3 Fire, i'll look into it

Last edited:
Reactions: Mordacai
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread