Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi and welcome to ECF. Best batteries are AW, Panasonic or MNKE. Make absolutely sure they are:
High drain, Safe chemistry Li-MN and Unprotected.

Just as important is to have a reliable quality charger. I use the Nitecore i2 charger.
Equally important is to buy from a reputable Vendor. Lottsa knockoffs and some Vendors will remove old batts from electronic devices and rewrap them so they look new.
I own the Vamo V2 and V3 and use the Panasonic 2250 mah CGR18650CH batts cuz I got a deal on them. 100 mah= 1 hr vaping before needing recharge BUT if vaping at a higher voltage/ wattage the batts will drain quicker.
Best of Luck.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Any genuine name-brand IMR high drain battery for a Vamo. You won't need the higher amp CDR of those batteries that have them, so any of the 10 amp batteries will suffice. I recommend AW IMR 2000mAh as a no-brainer, all around great battery, or the Panasonics/Orbtronic for a little more mAH (higher capacity). Stay away from Trustfire, Surefire, or Ultrafire.

RTD Vapor batteries

Battery Basics for Mods

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries

Last edited:

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
I just got batteries from Batteries-Chargers-Flashlights-Only The Best. I ordered late at night and they shipped the next evening. Here in 4 days

How long can batteries sit?
They are the panny PD's and they're at 3.56 volts. My charger may be another month getting here, it isn't even tracking yet after 9 days since fasttech listed it as shipped.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks for the reply guys. Vapoor eyes er can you tell me where you got yours from?

Thanks.

I paid $10 for 2 of them from FastTech BUT China Post is now returning batteries to Sender.
Keep an eye on this website for deals:
Vapor Joes - Daily Vaping Deals
If you need them immediately here's reputable Vendor:
CGR18650CH Panasonic 18650 Li-Mn-Li-ion CGR18650CH High Drain 10A Rechargeable IMR Hybrid Battery Cell
or
Genuine AW Batteries at RTD Vapor
Charger:
http://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/battery-chargers/nitecore-intellicharger-i2-detail

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you're gonna get an 18650, you should get one bigger than 1600mAh

Generally speaking, that would be true. But you can't always judge a battery's quality by the mAh rating.

The IMR batteries with a lower mAh capacity like the 1600 mAh AW or the 1500 mAh MNKE are special high drain batteries whose primary purpose is for those people who need batteries that have a continuous discharge rating of 20 amps or more. This useful for people who are using sub ohm coil builds.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
Any genuine name-brand IMR high drain battery for a Vamo. You won't need the higher amp CDR of those batteries that have them, so any of the 10 amp batteries will suffice. I recommend AW IMR 2000mAh as a no-brainer, all around great battery, or the Panasonics/Orbtronic for a little more mAH (higher capacity). Stay away from Trustfire, Surefire, or Ultrafire.

RTD Vapor batteries

Battery Basics for Mods

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries

do you have those links somewhere on a spreadsheet or something, or you just know this forum like the back of your hand?
anyway, I love how you always have those links handy!
very much appreciated (in all honesty I was going to ask about the mysterious abbreviations of batteries myself)
:headbang:
you rock!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yeah pretty worried about counterfeits esp on Ebay. I also worry about shipping to NZ, I checked one of the recommended sites that shipping was $50 USD to NZ, nearly choked lol. Unless I can get lots of it and resell for a good price.

Pricey but here's a highly regarded New Zealand Vendor:
Naked Vapour - Batteries & Passthrough

You could post a question in the ECF Australia - New Zealand Forum but you'll prolly get the link posted above.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
do you have those links somewhere on a spreadsheet or something, or you just know this forum like the back of your hand?
anyway, I love how you always have those links handy!
very much appreciated (in all honesty I was going to ask about the mysterious abbreviations of batteries myself)
:headbang:
you rock!
This information is all in my blogs. They can be easily accessed by clicking on the link to blog entries below my user name and avatar.

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread