Looking for thoughts/advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvegastiger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Greenville, SC
I've been vaping a Vaporesso tank using their cCell coils .6 ohm on about 15-20 watts. These are rated for 15-40. The coils last for about week and it's fine for me, but then the tank starts leaking like a sieve out of the air control ring. I'm not interesting in trying to diagnose this issue by changing o-rings and the like and this is my only tank so I need to go ahead and get a new one.

I've vaped for a few years now and am not a newbie, but the days of trying a bunch of new kit out and chasing the latest thing are behind me. I just need something simple and reliable to last me for another year or so until I get off vaping entirely (down to 1.5 mg nic!).

I'm looking for something that's easy to top-fill and that can support vaping lower wattages but can jump up to 40-60 watts if needed. I don't need to blow enormous clouds, or chase flavor, or be complicated. I also don't want to spend more than $30 or more than $15 for coil replacements.

So I'm asking the community for any recommendations they might have. I really like what I've seen of the Crown 4 (easy to fill, easy to change coils, link protection with the bottom juice catcher, but it doesn't look like the coils support lower wattages. I don't want this thing to drink juice or hit me too hard so that's why I'm interested in lower wattages. So give me your thoughts! Much appreciated.

Reactions: stols001

gvegastiger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Greenville, SC
  1. Try an RTA. That way YOU get to choose the coil, not a manufacturer.
  2. Advken Owl. Top airflow means no leaking, and there are about a dozen coils (Baby Beast compatible) that will work.

I did not realize you could buy replacement coils for RTAs. Good to know, I'll take a look.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The main reason that I never got the Crown 3 or 4 was because of the coil selection offered. My sweet spot for a few years now is 30 watts or a little lower. I love the Original Crown because it offered a wide selection of coils that could be used for a wide range of wattages. However, its a 4 year old tank and it and its selection of coils are beginning to become scarce to find.
Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank

• 1.2 ohm Single Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Coil - 10 to 30W
    • 0.5 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 30 to 80W
    • 0.25 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 80 to 120W
    • 0.15 ohm Dual Ni200 Nickel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 400 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit (temp control)
I'm not really aware of another clearomizer tank that offers such a wide range of coil resistance and wattage settings. It seems they are all either a high resistance, low wattage MTL tank or a low resistance sub-ohm, high wattage, DTL tank.

So I've been on a search for an eventual replacement for my Original Crown tanks because of their coils future availability. I'm liking the Geekvape Cerberus currently. Uses sub-ohm mesh coils and it has an airier draw. I'm getting a very pleasant vape at 25 - 30 watts (below the recommended wattage range), but it won't perform well at the lower wattages you are seeking.
  • 0.2ohm Super Mesh X1 Coil - Rated for 60-80W
I've also used the popular Innokin Zenith MTL Tank. It's strictly a lower wattage MTL tank that offers 0.8 ohm and 1.6 ohm coils. It's draw is too restrictive for all day use for me; makes my cheeks hurt. But if you are used to a restricted draw, it might be what you are looking for.

• 0.8ohm Zenith Coil - rated for 15-18W
  • 1.6ohm Zenith Coil - rated for 10-14W
  • 0.5ohm Plexus Z Mesh Coil - rated for 14-19W
  • 1.6ohm Plexus Z Mesh Coil - rated for 10-14W
Zenith tank
Cerberus tank​

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ok, I've been out of the game for a bit here and am unfamiliar with mesh coils. Can these be vaped at lower wattages,
generally no
and do they go through juice quickly/produce huge clouds? I'm not really into juice sucking devices and clouds galore.
generally yes

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I did not realize you could buy replacement coils for RTAs. Good to know, I'll take a look.
I think he meant for you to build (R=Rebuildable), so you had more control. But there are tanks that use drop ins that have an RTA deck option. Maybe even vice-versa, I'm not sure.

• Agree

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm looking for something that's easy to top-fill and that can support vaping lower wattages but can jump up to 40-60 watts if needed. I don't need to blow enormous clouds, or chase flavor, or be complicated. I also don't want to spend more than $30 or more than $15 for coil replacements.

Old-school Kanger Toptank, perhaps? Very versatile tank, plenty of different coils ranging from simple .5, 1.2 and 1.5Ω Nichrome to Claptons and TC coils. It comes with an easy to build RBA coil, just in case. Fasttech has the best prices--just make sure it says "authentic."

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I think he meant for you to build (R=Rebuildable), so you had more control. But there are tanks that use drop ins that have an RTA deck option. Maybe even vice-versa, I'm not sure.
You can also buy precoiled wires for RTAs. You have to clip the ends after you screw them in but they can last for months with cotton changes

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Ok so maybe what I’m looking for isn’t likely to be found outside of my current Vaporesso. The leaking just really chaps my hide. I have zero interest in doing coil builds again.
Are you sure you just don't want to install a new o-ring if that's the issue? They do wear out sometimes and it would be the quickest fix for you.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Are you sure you just don't want to install a new o-ring if that's the issue? They do wear out sometimes and it would be the quickest fix for you.
And it’s almost certainly what the problem is. I’m guessing, if I missed it, were talking about Vecco tanks. If so, I have several and they have all been leak free except the first one I got that needed a ring change last time I cleaned it- it’s about 9-10 months old. It’s really an easy fix, and should be expected as normal maintenance.

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
gvegastiger, let me guess. Is it the Cascade tank?

If it is, you're not alone. I have 2 that leak like a sieve as well.

I'm now using a Luxe kit with Skrr tank, and the tank works well and most importantly does not leak, and has a nice feature where the drip tip screws into the door on the top of the tank so it doesn't pop open in your pocket or a bag.

Also the Skrr can use GT CCell coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread