Not open for further replies.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
I have been vaping for about 2 weeks now. I have 2 ego-c batteries that worked fine until I picked up an aspire glass tank. Now my batteries are only lasting long enough for other to charge (around 3 hours give or take). I am already tired of having to constantly plan my day around my charging needs. My husband took over my ego twist and his battery last much longer with the same tank. I was looking to purchase another ego twist but is there something with the same type battery that I need to look into before I purchase another twist? I want to stay around the same price range but I am willing to pay a little more for better quality. Also, the sales man told me that aspire is an american made product, does anyone know if that is true?

Thanks so much everyone!

A Nautilus? This guy? Nautilus.

Because that's a dual coil at 1.6 or 1.8 ohm and that's going to rip through stick batteries. It's more an advanced device topper. Basically, you need more power. I don't know any eGo style battery is going to cut it with a tank like that.

Basically, you're looking for a larger "mAh" (milli-Ampere hours... don't worry what it actually is, it's a measure of "amount of power in battery"... like gallons of gas in your tank :) ). Biggest Twist out there is 1000 mAh. Spinners go up to 1300 mAh. But, I use dual coil on my Innokin VTR using 2200 mAh batteries (about twice the capacity of eGo style batteries) and I'm griping about them needing to be charged too often.

(Hey, they were cheap and handy. I have to mail order anything bigger! :) )

So the next question is, do you need to move up to an advanced unit of one kind or another?

I know, I know, they look expensive but consider that eGo batteries run in the $25 to $30 range and you'll be stressing them good and hard with a dual coil tank. You'll be replacing them fairly often. Where expensive in 18650 batteries is around $12. Like this guy: Efest_IMR_18650_LiMn_2500mAh_Battery_35A.

And, remember, 2500 mAh is two and half times the biggest Twist and a little short of twice the biggest Spinner. For around half the price.

If you want to go on with eGo batteries while you kick things around, I'd drop back to something like a Kanger EVOD as a topper. Single bottom coil. Nice even if not as nice as the Nautilus but won't just eat your batteries alive.

Hijack

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
Bournemouth, U.K
Just a cautionary note use a reputable vendor that has there own website to buy from as there are a lot of rubbish fakes on ebay, Mods and especially batteries that claim 4000Mah they are usually reconditioned laptop batteries that wont charge up after a week if they work at all in the 1st place. if you use a reputable vendor then they will be making sure their batteries are what they say they are.
Got to go now its 03.30 a.m here.
hope that you are better informed now and feel more confident about the direction to go in :2cool:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Just so I am clear, it is the mah (time between charges) is the issue here not the power the batteries produce?

That is correct. Most of these vv/vw devices we are now talking about go from around 3-6 volts and 5-15 watts.

Average vapers generally vape at 7-10 watts or 3.5-4.2 volts. Having the extra power means not having to push the upper limits like on the Twist/v3 style of batteries.

A nice selection there smacuser. :thumb:
    The SVD looks cool in 18350 mode.

TAT191, a lot of these tube mods like the SVD or the Vamo v5 come with a sleeve that extends so they can take an 18350 or an 18650. The 18350 is 35mm long the 18650 is 65mm so you get to choose if you want to use 18650 for long life or 18350 for compact size. Both are rechargeable, but the 18350 is back to 800mah so will only last 3-4 hours or so before a change over or recharge is needed.

smacuser correct me if im wrong as I don't have a 18350 since I lost my coolfire 2.

Thanks HJ.

Bummer on the CF2.

You are correct as your usage will vary. I generally equate 100 mah with 1/2 hr to an hour, depending, more or less.

2 18350s (800 mah) will last me most of a day at work, or at least a night on the town. I have 2 Panasonic 18650 (2900 mah) that will last a day and a half each.

The MVP (2600 mah) will last me 2 whole days, so go figure.

Since these type of devices have built-in protection, unlike mechanical mods, you will want the unprotected IMR High Drain batteries.

I can't resist posting this with the Stainless IBTanked carto-tank.

z441u8Ol.jpg

Last edited:

Hijack

Verified Member
    May 7, 2014
    Bournemouth, U.K
    I am looking at the Vamo 5 right now and all the options make me think that I am way over my head. How do I know if I need a button or flat top? How do I know what charger to pick? VAMO 5 - Gun Metal MOD APV Variable Voltage Variable Wattage

Is the Vemo about the same size as the SVD shown in the pictures above? Who would have thought that my simple e-cig plan to quit smoking would turn into so much! I apologize for so many questions but I am so lost here.

yes the vamo is about the same size as the SVD maybe a little shorter

There are a lot of options when looking but all you need is the: basic mod unit
    2 batteries
    1 charger
    if you go to an online vendor it should just be case of selecting the basic mod in either chrome, black chrome or ,stainless steel or whatever style you like.
    Then batteries: at the vendor you buy the mod from they should have option there to include either 18350 or 18650 select a 18650
    They should also have an option to include a charger.
    If the vendor your looking at dosnt have this look for another good 1 that does or call them and ask them if the mod you want needs flat top button top protected or unprotected they should help you get the right batteries for what you want
    Don't go on e-bay.
    Spend a day or 2 searching online and watching review video's till you feel like its starting to make sense.
    Don't rush in and make a bad buy the video's will give you the best idea of how these things look in your hand.
    You still have your batteries that work so take a few days to find something you want.

Ive really got to go now.

Last edited:

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 17, 2012
    Edinburg, TX
    I personally think that my Vamo is junk compared to the innokin mods. It fires well enough but the build quality is relatively poor. I've used my SVD everyday/all day for a year and it looks and performs like it's brand new. I used my Vamo for three months and it looks like it was trampled by horses.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Just be careful about the Gunmetal, that finish is known to be a scratch magnet. I thought that finish was cool looking until I saw what it looked like after a couple of weeks.

I'd go for the stainless option if available. It might be a bit heavier, but it won't look like a cat got hold of it.

As for the SVD, I had to send the first one back because of fire button issues. This second one is getting finicky with the (-) button. But it was the $37 job from FT. If it craps out after the warranty, I might say I'd by another one anyway, from a US vendor. Waiting 3 weeks for shipping is murder.

Right now, it's my main device with the MVP being the back-up.

And about batteries and chargers, I say go with quality/name brand as soon as you can. I bought my set up at Orbtronic.com. Free shipping.

http://www.orbtronic.com/18650-li-ion-batteries-chargers/nitecore-i4-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-universal-battery-charger-charging-four-batteries
    http://www.orbtronic.com/batteries-chargers/high-drain-18650-2900mah-ncr18650pd-hybrid-li-ion-rechargeable-battery-panasonic-flat-top

My 18350s are Efest, You can get them about anywhere, I just added them to my last juice order at Kalamazoo. Get the clear cases to hold them in so they don't make contact with each other or get scratched up by your keys in your purse or pocket.

I heard to just stay away from any brand name that has the word "Fire" at the end of it.

Last edited:

Hijack

Verified Member
    May 7, 2014
    Bournemouth, U.K
    I personally think that my Vamo is junk compared to the innokin mods. It fires well enough but the build quality is relatively poor. I've used my SVD everyday/all day for a year and it looks and performs like it's brand new. I used my Vamo for three months and it looks like it was trampled by horses.

I personaly would go with innokin as well they are very good build quality and with this all being a bit confusing for someone who has been vaping for 2 weeks I would get the MPV 2 it has a built in battery @ 2600mAh that will easily last all day and night before a charge is needed.
    They are also compact and look good for women vapers in the different styles they come in.

1-1402260S91L41.jpg
    1-1310101022215V.jpg
    mvp2_0_energy_line.jpg

This is the most hassle free option no battery to worry about.
    Innokin mpv 2

Last edited:

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Austin, TX
    www.thesmilingwolf.com
    mkbilbo, this looks exactly like what I have Aspire - Aspire ET-S Glass version clearomizer except 1.8 ml instead of 3.

Ah... BDC (Bottom Dual Coil) though so it's also dual coil. Dual coil is nice but takes power to drive.

Maybe the Innokin MVP 2 as some have mentioned. 2600 mAh battery. And not overly complicated as devices go. Only draw back being the battery isn't replaceable.

I read a lot of folks saying Vamos break easily and wear fast. Not sure I'd risk myself. But my experiences with Innokin have been pretty good. My VTR has already survived being banged around as I klutz my way through life. :)

Hijack

Verified Member
    May 7, 2014
    Bournemouth, U.K
    Since you were all so helpful I wanted to update. I just ordered 2 MVP v2.0's! I ordered from 101vape.com so I just pray they get here before our road trip to FL in 2 weeks. I am so excited! Thank you all so much for your help. I just love this forum.

Good choice Tat. You wont be disappointed with it. Perfect choice for a road trip.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread