Looking to purchase VG and PG at a reasonable cost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Florida
I have called quite a few pharamacys in the Melbourne, Florida area and can't seem to even find any propylene glycol and vegtable glycerin, let alone finding it cheap.

I don't mind ordering it on line if I can find it cheap enough with reasonable shipping.

I wish we had Boots from the UK here in the US as I know they get it cheap over there.

Any help will be much appreciated. :blink:

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
The Wood Between the Worlds
Wal mart has VG in the pharmacy section. They sell it has a hand lotion. "Glycerin USP". I don't use it. The "visible smoke" thing isn't what I need, and I don't like the flavor/texture that VG leaves. Also, straight PG juice wicks very well, so I can chain vape without worrying about the coil getting dry or gummy. It makes a big difference in carto life.

I got a quart of PG from perfumer's aprentice with all of my flavorings and such, no idea how much I paid for it.

I'm in this for the long haul, so I'm buying everything in big bottles... it brings the cost down.

Last edited:

nordoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Philly
You can also get VG from arts and craft stores. In PA and NJ we have Michael's arts and crafts and AC Moore, not sure if they are down south. They are usually by the cake decorating as they are used to thin out icing. I prefer to get mine online as it is cheaper and just got an order from highdesertecigs. They are registered on ecf and very reasonable.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
You can buy VG at places like walmart, like mentioned above, but Personally I find and VG/glycerin that is sold in the skin care section has a funny taste to it. Your better off getting VG that is used for baking, if you can find it. Baking VG/glycerin is what juice makers use to make eJuice, and it's alot better than the skin care glycerin. I don't know what it is, but the skin care stuff just has something weird about it that tastes off.

I order all my stuff on line just bc it makes it easy and you don't have to go looking for stuff in stores.
Check out BlueMist vaping. They are an awesome juice vendor, but they also sell everything you need for DIY. I bought all my stuff there and it makes great juice. They have numerous options for nic base, an array of empty bottles and syringes/pipettes for measuring and mixing, and they sell a bunch of the extra stuff that isn't necessary but allows you to customize juices even more, like sweeteners, tobacco absolute, menthol drops and menthol crystals, ethyl mathol, and a liquid that you add to juice to give a cooling sensation on the exhale. They also offer the DIY flavorIngs for every pre-made juice they sell, which is awesome and is something very few vendors do, 250+ juices and 250+ flavorings for DIY.
I bought my PG and VG from there too and they sell them in 120ml bottles. I looked around quite a bit and BlueMists prices for their DIY stuff are pretty darn good. Some things are better priced than others, but the price of their PG and VG is one of the lowest I've found for that amount. They sell 120ml bottles of PG and VG for only $4 each. Obviously you can find a better price if you buy like a gallon, but personally I didn't want to have to buy that much, so I just bought 2 bottles of each. Getting 240ml of PG and 240ml of VG for only $16 isn't a bad deal at all

Mr. SandMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada
E-Liquid DIY Supplies : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail--

Flavour : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail--

E-Juice/E-Liquid : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail--

HealthCabin sells pure VG and PG(as well as different types of flavouring) if you are looking to mix your own. They also sell pre mixed flavours if that is what you are looking for. I have found them to be one of the more reasonably priced companies that sells them, but they are also based in China, so it's a bit of a wait if you choose the cheap shipping method.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
You can buy VG at places like walmart, like mentioned above, but Personally I find and VG/glycerin that is sold in the skin care section has a funny taste to it. Your better off getting VG that is used for baking, if you can find it. Baking VG/glycerin is what juice makers use to make eJuice, and it's alot better than the skin care glycerin. I don't know what it is, but the skin care stuff just has something weird about it that tastes off.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the tip about 'weird taste' in OTC(?) VG. I wonder if this taste is evident at low percentages...80/20 PG/VG or such. At what percentage does it become noticeable...if that applies?

Thanks for your comments.

Paulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Florida
Thanks guys and guyettes for all the information. That Tractor Supply was a good deal, but I just don't know what I'd do with a gallon of the stuff! I ended up finding the PG at a mom-and-pop pharmacy and the just a few doors down was a health-food store and they had the VG. Neither of which broke the bank!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread