More noob questions. PG vs VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtomalley

May 28, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I'm reading the FAQ at the Blu website and Eonsmoke website and they say that the vapors are made of different chemicals... Blu apparently uses vegetable glycerin and Eonsmoke uses Propylene Glycol (perhaps the cause of that weird petrol aftertaste?). Of the two, I find I prefer the VG in the Blu disposables, so far at least.

I don't appear to have any allergies to the PG, so what's the real difference? What are the pros and cons of each base fluid? What does everyone here prefer? Do they made any difference in flavor or vapor quality?
:confused:

KerryK

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2012
Madtown, WI
I will let a guru give you the full details as I know they will!

For me I perfer a higher VG blend but not so much that it hinders wick performance. I will usually go 70/30, 80/20. I like VG as I do not get as dry a mouth, the vapor is thicker and to me the flavor is about the same, maybe a bit less. I test most vendors first buying small 3ml or 5ml samples, then if I will add a flavor shot or two or adjust the pg/vg ratio.

Good Luck!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
TH is throat hit. If using clearomizer sometimes a high VG juice will need distilled water or PGA added to thin it out so it can wick properly.
juice Components
Flavoring usually about 10-15%- could be higher or lower depending on the flavor used.
PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like - many of us believe PG to be a throat irritant.
VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick
Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG.

mookman78

May 25, 2013
harrisville, PA
I prefer 100% pg for my vaping, but I really haven't tried to much vg, Ive found that of the ones ive tried, pg gives me the most flavor. The vg will give u more vapor production, it seems, but for me, I like the pg better.....I have noticed though that not all pg is equal, the pg I got from liberty flights is pretty smooth, but the pg I got from freedomsmokes is harsher...I just got an order from mtbaker but haven't tried it yet so we'll see how that goes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread