Status
Not open for further replies.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
I ordered a mod from FT and got it and it works great but the connection is well...strange.
I don't feel good about using it (Luckily it wasn't spendy).
Eventually I may fix it..who knows.

What I do know is that I am tired of quality control problems-misfiring buttons mainly.
I have worn out a vamo and three Zmaxes in two + years.
I give up.

I'm getting a Provari Large.
At least if I wear out the button I can get the dang thing fixed.
What I want to know about is the passthrough setup.
I KNOW someone here has one, lol

Have your experiences been satisactory with it?
Part of me is skittish about throwing down that much cash but hopefully it is worth the money, lol

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I ordered a mod from FT and got it and it works great but the connection is well...strange.

What I do know is that I am tired of quality control problems-misfiring buttons mainly.
I give up.

Part of me is skittish about throwing down that much cash but hopefully it is worth the money, lol

If you are saying you got it from FT, as in Fasttech, they don't sell Provari's there, they sell a provari clone there. This was discussed a few months ago, I had to search for the thread, if you are going to order one, order from here.

http://www.provape.com/provari-variable-voltage-ecig-s/36.htm

The thread I was talking about is here.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/563652-another-chinese-mod-clone-hits-market.html

KAS

Last edited:

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
If you are saying you got it from FT, as in Fasttech, they don't sell Provari's there, they sell a provari clone there. This was discussed a few months ago, I had to search for the thread, if you are going to order one, order from here.

ProVari Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/563652-another-chinese-mod-clone-hits-market.html

KAS

Oh no lol...I got a Kamry K201 from FT

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Just get a couple of 18650s, and the extended end cap. You can't possibly drain one of these before the last one recharges! That's just gotta be better than being tethered to what appears to be a laptop power supply. Heck, you can get SIX 18650's for what that Pass-Thru costs.

Good point...I never did like to be tethered to anything, lol

I'll do the set for 212.00.
Wish they had the Large with the teardrop design like the mini but heck...can't have everything, lol

Last edited:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana

ProVari Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!

KAS

She got crap from SlowTech & appeasing the vaping gods by making things right with a Provari. [/translate]

As for the passthru, I only know of one person who got one & they weren't very happy with it. Both the 490's & the 650's will give you plenty of life, even chain vaping on them. Get 3 batteries & you'll never have to worry about it. 2 will suffice, but that 3rd is always good to have in rotation & for those inevitable oh crap I forgot to charge my battery moments.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Be sure to check out the clearance section also. They have some discounted now...they call them blems but both of mine were and I never could find what was wrong with it.
Oh yeah!
Thanks for the reminder about the Blems...I totally forgot about those!:toast:
I have heard a lot of folks who got blems but couldn't see the blemish....

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
She got crap from SlowTech & appeasing the vaping gods by making things right with a Provari. [/translate]

As for the passthru, I only know of one person who got one & they weren't very happy with it. Both the 490's & the 650's will give you plenty of life, even chain vaping on them. Get 3 batteries & you'll never have to worry about it. 2 will suffice, but that 3rd is always good to have in rotation & for those inevitable oh crap I forgot to charge my battery moments.

Yes I believe the Vaping Deities are pretty torqued with me, lol

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Cool you scared me.:oops:

I thought someone had ordered one of those!

KAS

Yeah..I followed the link and saw that clone...pffft
I'm looking for performance..I hit my PV literally all day long.
I need something that will hold up to the punishment of my pressing the button 1000 times a day

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Yeah..I followed the link and saw that clone...pffft
I'm looking for performance..I hit my PV literally all day long.
I need something that will hold up to the punishment of my pressing the button 1000 times a day

Well I bought my first one a full size satin silver over one year ago, it was 7-3-2013, to be exact, it still works as good as new. I work in construction, and it still has no scratches. If I am awake I am vapeing with it.

KAS

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Well I bought my first one a full size satin silver over one year ago, it was 7-3-2013, to be exact, it still works as good as new. I work in construction, and it still has no scratches. If I am awake I am vapeing with it.

KAS

Impressive!
I checked out PBusardo's vid of his Provape tour and liked what I saw.
That pretty much sealed it for me.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Your gonna be Haaaaaaappy.

Very few people, I think, have gone for the passthru. And I know one that wasn't happy with it, something about the connection having an angle, or not having an angle...I dunno. But I agree with the others - it's probably more convenient to pack an extra battery, or get the extension cap and use an 18650. I personally like the SIZE of the 18490 setup - but I still only bring a backup battery for a very long day. A fresh battery gets me through a normal workday easy...

I give up.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Now I think I will just get the body only with the extended cap.
I'll go to RTD and buy like, 5 AW IMR 2000mAh batts.
I wish AW made a 2250 or a 2900mAh :(

I would at least order 1 battery from provape, you don't want to be waiting for the batteries, after you get the provari.

KAS

winder

Jul 5, 2014
Virginia Beach
Wish they had the Large with the teardrop design like the mini but heck...can't have everything, lol

If you add the Tatroe extension tube to a Mini (available at Provape) along with the extended end cap, it comes out the same size as the big Provari - and accepts 18650s. Same feel, same battery life, but with the Mini's engraving.

I put up a pic under the sticky "Provape user photos" with a big ProVari and a Tatroe tube equipped Mini side by side.

There are other options for doing this, but the Tatroe tube has worked well for me.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
If you add the Tatroe extension tube to a Mini (available at Provape) along with the extended end cap, it comes out the same size as the big Provari - and accepts 18650s. Same feel, same battery life, but with the Mini's engraving.

I put up a pic under the sticky "Provape user photos" with a big ProVari and a Tatroe tube equipped Mini side by side.

There are other options for doing this, but the Tatroe tube has worked well for me.

Ah, okeedokee :)
Perhaps 2 Tatroe tubes with the original bottom cap should work too?
Provape must be out of the tube...I did a search and what they have now is the stabilizing bottom end cap.
I did find the Tatroe Rings at Cigtechs.com, though

winder

Jul 5, 2014
Virginia Beach
Perhaps 2 Tatroe tubes with the original bottom cap should work too?
Provape must be out of the tube...I did a search and what they have now is the stabilizing bottom end cap.
I did find the Tatroe Rings at Cigtechs.com, though

Two of these should work as well. I like the Provari extended end cap, as it's rounded edges are a little more comfortable to me, but others like the small end cap too. I've bought one each from Cigtechs and Provape - they're definitely the same part. Yeah, looks like they're sold out at Provape. Figures - they were a little cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread