Status
Not open for further replies.

brooklynvapes18

Nov 15, 2017
I just received this vape today from someone, so it isn’t new and It doesn’t have the original tank, I’m not sure exactly what tank it is but it’s from smok. I got home and tried to use it and it said No Atomizer, but it was working yesterday for the person I got it from so I’m not sure why it’s not working for me. The tank doesn’t fit completely tight on the mod and just spins, but if it worked for the other person, why doesn’t it work now? Thanks for your help!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You have a connection issue, likely with the mod if your tank works on other mods. Are you certain that the mod worked from the person before with that tank? Some tanks/mods are more finicky than others when it comes to connection, but if it is merely spinning, that sort of sounds like the mod to me.

There are things you can do to fix the connection, could try cleaning the 510 attachment on the mod, make sure it isn't sticky from e-juice and etc., but the bottom line is I'm not really sure if this is fixable or not, have you tried a different tank on it? It sounds like the connection just isn't there though, have you talked to the person you bought it from?

Anna

Reactions: pfaber11

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You have a connection issue, likely with the mod if your tank works on other mods. Are you certain that the mod worked from the person before with that tank? Some tanks/mods are more finicky than others when it comes to connection, but if it is merely spinning, that sort of sounds like the mod to me.

There are things you can do to fix the connection, could try cleaning the 510 attachment on the mod, make sure it isn't sticky from e-juice and etc., but the bottom line is I'm not really sure if this is fixable or not, have you tried a different tank on it? It sounds like the connection just isn't there though, have you talked to the person you bought it from?

Anna

Reactions: pfaber11

brooklynvapes18

Nov 15, 2017
I just got a mini volt v3 40w kit by council of vapor with a smok spirals tank, the tank doesn’t sit tight on the mod, it just spins and says no atomizer no matter what I do. It worked for the person I got it from less that 24h ago so I don’t know what happened or why it’s not working for me. What Can I do? It doesn’t need to be a permanent fix, just something for now.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
You might resurrect it by using an ego/510 adapter or 510 heat sink. These sometimes do a better job of catching on janky threads. They go between the mod and the tank and destroy the aesthetics, but they can work.

Welcome to the forum. Call or go see a local brick and mortar vape store. Tell them you want an inexpensive starter kit with a warranty and you want to try before you buy.

It's a good idea to put your location in your profile. Lets us steer you in the right direction.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I just got a mini volt v3 40w kit by council of vapor with a smok spirals tank, the tank doesn’t sit tight on the mod, it just spins and says no atomizer no matter what I do. It worked for the person I got it from less that 24h ago so I don’t know what happened or why it’s not working for me. What Can I do? It doesn’t need to be a permanent fix, just something for now.
Welcome and glad you joined.
By now, you may have solved the problem, if not, might return to vendor for under warranty replacement.

brooklynvapes18

Nov 15, 2017

Attachments

• 60EE0805-A5DD-4059-BBA2-B15577E08362.jpeg
    60EE0805-A5DD-4059-BBA2-B15577E08362.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 8A98E71A-21DD-4760-AEAA-5F0B279D3376.jpeg
    8A98E71A-21DD-4760-AEAA-5F0B279D3376.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 225AEF40-0D1B-437D-A3B2-EBF91CFBD7F4.jpeg
    225AEF40-0D1B-437D-A3B2-EBF91CFBD7F4.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 200

brooklynvapes18

Nov 15, 2017

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Bad news. Threads in the mod looked stripped out merely just worn out. If you’re handy the post can often be replaced especially in more exp naive mods which tend to be hand made in the first place.
One temporary fix is to wrap a single thickness of tinfoil around the base of the atty to try to get what’s left of the thread to bite. Not a permanent solution though

Update: @sprtrucker’s combined with mine might make a more permanent bandaid. Use the tinfoil trick to get his part to bite then never remove it again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread