Losing sensitivity to flavor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blotter

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Portland, OR
Anyone else notice that when they start a new flavor it tastes very strongly like it's description but after some time smoking it exclusively it tastes bland like some generic flavorless smokejuice?

This has happened with several flavor for me. Namely the coffee and toffee/riskee flavors.

Am I just losing sensitivity to these from doing it often or is the flavor 'leaking' out from being carried around my pocket or something?

Any theories appreciated. :D

Liberate_Yourself

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
U.S.
www.smokeliberation.com
Taste buds get used to the flavor. I LOVE the cash true menthol. Well for the first 2 or 3 days that is. Gradualy it lost almost all flavor to me. I had my friend try it and he said it was very strong. I think I am going to switch flavors every 2 to 3 days from now on and see how that goes.

Yup. You just get used to it, so the sensation is dulled. Kind of like riding a roller coaster for the first time. You get a nice adrenaline rush.. but if you ride it 20 times consecutively, it loses it's luster. I was obsessed with Orange eliquid at one time, and after a short while, it started to taste very bland. I switched flavors and though WOW this juice's flavor is so strong compared to the Orange. About a month later, I tried my Orange again, and it tasted like it did the first day I tried it.

A quick tip: If you absolutely love a flavor, use it sparingly, and change flavors frequently. That way they will all taste great when you vape them, and you won't get bored of em. I wish i hadn't been so in love with RY-4, because now I can't stand the taste, let alone the smell.. but I still crave it. haha go figure.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I have a question, is it the nicotine or the other ingredients that give you the throat hit? And to clarify what I mean by throat hit ,because it seems that there are different ideas on what the person means, is the semi jolt , in a good way, that you get when you inhale and it gets about midway of your throat.

A lot of takes on this--but as a zero nicotine user who gets a good throat hit--I would have to conclude imo--it can not be the nicotine and goes to the ingrediants--Sun

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I vape 36mg and get a vary satisfying throat hit. I also vape no nic on occasion during the day and get nothing...nada....zilch...nothing. So I always thought it was the nicotine level. But maybe switching from 36mg to 0mg like that makes a difference. Maybe if you only smoke no nic, you develop your own type of "throat hit"?

Anyhoo...there was some talk about the PH of the juice and throat hit....but Kate is actually the queen of that. I never really got that much into those comparisons.

Lu

Bulldog44

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Raleigh NC
I vape 36mg and get a vary satisfying throat hit. I also vape no nic on occasion during the day and get nothing...nada....zilch...nothing. So I always thought it was the nicotine level. But maybe switching from 36mg to 0mg like that makes a difference. Maybe if you only smoke no nic, you develop your own type of "throat hit"?

Anyhoo...there was some talk about the PH of the juice and throat hit....but Kate is actually the queen of that. I never really got that much into those comparisons.

Lu

Wow, I think 36mg would be way to much nic for me. I am on the 14 and 11. I don't inhale every hit either, the warm up one of course and then probably 20% of the rest I don't inhale. But I am vaping alot so you and I may be equal in that respect. I am a cheap skate and would make my own if I wasn't more of a paranoid worry wart.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Wow, I think 36mg would be way to much nic for me. I am on the 14 and 11. I don't inhale every hit either, the warm up one of course and then probably 20% of the rest I don't inhale. But I am vaping alot so you and I may be equal in that respect. I am a cheap skate and would make my own if I wasn't more of a paranoid worry wart.

Some of that 36mg I do mix, so it does cut it....but most of it is straight 36. I have to use it or I crave too many analogs. I use the no nic for a break....so I don't accidentally OD! lol

Some-day I hope to go lower....but not to-day :p

Lu

mrwade01

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Vancouver WA
Some of that 36mg I do mix, so it does cut it....but most of it is straight 36. I have to use it or I crave too many analogs. I use the no nic for a break....so I don't accidentally OD! lol

Some-day I hope to go lower....but not to-day :p

Lu
I could not have put that better myself. I started out on 36 and it got the 2 pack monkey off my back real fast! After a week or so, I tried a day on 24mg and could not get analogs off my mind. I'm all about the "not to-day" state of mind.
Robert

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
Taste buds get used to the flavor. I LOVE the cash true menthol. Well for the first 2 or 3 days that is. Gradualy it lost almost all flavor to me. I had my friend try it and he said it was very strong. I think I am going to switch flavors every 2 to 3 days from now on and see how that goes.

To get that flavour back, shake well and use in a new atomiser, that solved it for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread