Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I was given the lost vape Grus 100W mod by sourcemore for the purpose of this review.

box 2.jpg

And Lilia from Sourcemore was so kind as to give you a code – LVG will get you the Grus for $26.99 which is a steal, if you ask me.

Lost Vape is well-known for quality products, and the Grus is no exception.

The Grus uses a single 18650, 20700, or 21700 battery and comes with an adapter, of course. In the box you'll also find the charging cable and manual.

stuff in the box 1.jpg

manual.jpg

The battery cap, located on the bottom of the mod, had a really nice half-round bar that swings out to unscrew the cap – it’s firm, so it doesn’t fall down when you don’t want it to, but it’s also easy to pull down and grasp. Much nicer, I think, than the center bar types. The threads are smooth, and changing batteries is frustration-free.

It has a type C charging port, and the battery icon will be animated while it’s charging, so you’ll know when it’s done.

The most surprising thing, in my opinion, is that the Grus will accommodate a 30mm atomizer. 30mm. And, as is par for Lost Vape mods, the battery life is top notch, so you could really make use of a load of juice with this bad little boy.

ground 1.jpg

The display is .96 inches, and bright and clear, and gives you six color options. All you have to do to change the color is hold the Select button (between the UP and DOWN buttons) for two seconds to switch between white, purple, yellow, red, blue, and green.

It comes in nine colors, three each in the Carbon Fiber series, the Wood series, and the Universe series. Mine is the Universe/Jungle, which has the green side panels. If I had to say one bad thing about this mod, it’s those panels. They’re just not as nice as I would expect. Kind of cheesy in person, I think. For the money though, that’s a really petty complaint. And sorry for the spoiler, but yes, that’s the worst I can say about the Grus.

For the price of a pod, you’ll get a very nice looking mod, beautifully finished, with the ability to use a 30mm atomizer, temp control, power, and voltage mode. Voltage, that’s not something you see every day. I’m running in it now, just because I can.

And the menu is straight forward and easy. Just click the Select button and use the UP or DOWN to scroll through the options. The wattage and voltage adjust in .1 increments, temperature adjusts in 5 degree increments. They all round robin, and temperatures are given in both Fahrenheit and Celsius – just keep pushing the UP or DOWN and when it gets to it’s highest F setting, it’ll start at the lowest C setting.

It’s on the heavy side at 176 grams, but I don’t find that to be a drawback. It feels nice and solid, and very smooth, rounded corners make it easy to hold and use.

box 1.jpg

All in all, I’d call this a winner.

Thanks again, Lilia and Sourcemore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread