Lost Vape Therion DNA75 dual 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
Ed remeber you worked hard to ern your money. Don't trow it away at every shiny .... you see do some research and take advantage of boxing day and chinesse new year for china sites. Dont waste your money. Im thinking boxing day lost vape dna250 127+20%(plus #$12 from points and some store credit) off free 2 week shipping. Ohm slice on boxing day. Coulda grabbed a g2 for 99$ but id rather have the slice with 500 day warranty

Reactions: NGGrant

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Drug talk is not permitted on ECF. No exceptions.

Gareth Day

Feb 22, 2016
how's the paint hold up in therion?
Not well sadly. My therion is my main mod so it gets a lot of use. But the gun metal grey paint has rubbed off the body of the mod in big patches after 3 months. I've considered taking some wet and dry sand paper to it to get all the paint off because underneath it's the same colour as the top and side. It hasn't rubbed of the battery panel at all, which is ironic because you can buy replacement battery panels for £15! So mine looks tatty as hell but I still f'ing love it... Best dual 18650 I've ever vaped!

Reactions: SLM

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I honestly wish they'd make a Squonker Therion DNA133/DNA166 with 2x18650's.
I'd buy one in a hurry...even pre-order one lol
Any one has an email where I could send them my suggestion(s)?
Thanks!

How on earth would you fit two batteries and a squonk bottle in there?

I don't think that's gonna happen.

Perhaps they'll make a Triade squonker though, if the Therion version sells well enough that is, which I don't see happening right now.

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
Found out manufacturers arw getting 75 board for ~25$ a piece so watch out u dont get scammed on price paid 33.66 for my mod - 10 stpre goft certificate so 24.56$ for mod. Beats their chip cost :p evolv deleted my post with that figure in the dna forums. Aparently they dont want that when its $50 for 1 to publics and modders and $440 for 10

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
Got a releaux dna200 for $ 55 cdn at local vape shop. They just had the mod itself left in the back as dna devices dont sell where i live what sells is cheap garbage tbh. Still he just said it turned on but buttons dont work and he had had tryed to fix it for a long time aparently eithet way so i managed to get that price and just had to untighten the screws as it had beeb overtightened probably for display, it wasnt called gap city for no reason either way its working 100%. Best buy ever

Attachments

• 1479995222302-1647724766.jpg
    1479995222302-1647724766.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: SLM and Eskie

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Manila, Philippines
Hi Guys, I just noticed something about my Therion DNA 75. I don't use temp control so the screen displays the ohms, 3 dashes with an F in the end, KA for Kanthal and then the watts. Actually I have that same display with all my DNA devices starting with my Vaporshark rDNA 40. Now everything is the same except instead of the KA it dispalys NO. I don't know what that means and I don't know if I should be worried about it. It still vapes the same though and my builds and vaping style hasn't changed. Thanks.

alecs.chiriac

Jan 21, 2016
Hey there guys. Got a quick question for you. I know this is a thread ment for the DNA75 version, however I'm interested in buying the DNA167 version. Even though I like this mod very much, I'm concerned about the problem that DNA chips have on some mods with the screen connector.

Today, I've spoken with somebody who owned a SDNA75 mod whose screen broke in about 2 weeks of daily usage, due to fire button pressing on the screen ribbon. Are there any of you that had such problems with this mod or got it opened up to check the screen connector connectivity? It would be a really a big relief, as the mod is a bit pricey for me and I really don't want to spend 100$+ on mod that fails quickly on me. Thanks for help! :)

{Sean}

Feb 26, 2016
New to Lost Vape - Therion DNA 166 usb socket.

Hi picked up the Therion DNA 166 two days ago as I wanted a change from my other mods (Provari's) after 13 months of not smoking I was getting a bit bored so thought a change was needed.

Hard learning curve, but seem to be doing ok in the watt setting, still struggling with temp setting but a fantastic looking mod.

I have some questions that I hope someone can help me with.

The USB cable that plugs into the Therion works but only plugs in halfway which seems odd and not that secure. Is this normal or a fault.

On my Provari mods the coil ohm readings are pretty much spot on with only a slight variation. On the Therion it seems to jump around. For example ive been using Triton mini coil 0.15 ohm but reads on the Therion 0.22 but jumps up to 0.37/8 etc. I understand that individual coils can be slightly off the supposed ohm rating but again is this a normal?

I'm using variable wattage settings at the moment and trying to get my head around Escribe. Any help would be most welcomed. All the best.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
That Triton mini 0.15 ohm coil is a Ni coil meant only for use in temp control. It should not be used in wattage mode for safety reasons. The change in resistance is normal when firing a TC Ni coil as the resistance goes up as it heats. That's essentially how the board does TC, adjusts the power to maintain a resistance that matches the temperature you wish the coil to be at. As for the usb cable, maybe a pic would help, but if it's connecting and syncing to your computer and eScribe you're probably fine.

{Sean}

Feb 26, 2016
That Triton mini 0.15 ohm coil is a Ni coil meant only for use in temp control. It should not be used in wattage mode for safety reasons. The change in resistance is normal when firing a TC Ni coil as the resistance goes up as it heats. That's essentially how the board does TC, adjusts the power to maintain a resistance that matches the temperature you wish the coil to be at. As for the usb cable, maybe a pic would help, but if it's connecting and syncing to your computer and eScribe you're probably fine.

Thanks Eskie, I've limited the wattage to the coils expected range and will not go above 20w. I need to get my head around the temp settings. When I set it up (as best I could) using the Escribe nickel setting it suggested it worked but kept flashing up an error message "temperature protected" and by lowering the temp to a level when it would hardly vape the message would go, I'm using triton mini nickel coils 0.15.

I will give temp control another go. I will post a photo later when home on the mini usb plugged in but would welcome feedback if it fits all the way on other Therions.

Seems odd to only half insert and more prone to accidentally being damaged unless it was a space issue on the mod.

Thanks again for you help. Sean

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Thanks Eskie, I've limited the wattage to the coils expected range and will not go above 20w. I need to get my head around the temp settings. When I set it up (as best I could) using the Escribe nickel setting it suggested it worked but kept flashing up an error message "temperature protected" and by lowering the temp to a level when it would hardly vape the message would go, I'm using triton mini nickel coils 0.15.

I will give temp control another go. I will post a photo later when home on the mini usb plugged in but would welcome feedback if it fits all the way on other Therions.

Seems odd to only half insert and more prone to accidentally being damaged unless it was a space issue on the mod.

Thanks again for you help. Sean
Temp Protect isn't an error message. In TC it's the mod telling you the coils have reached the temperature you have set and the mod is varying (cutting back) power to keep you from exceeding it. If it's not hot enough or producing enough vapor, raise the temperature. In TC with small coils, I set my wattage to 35 watts and my Temperature to 420F. For your coils you want it set to the Ni200 profile. Try those settings and see what you think

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

{Sean}

Feb 26, 2016
I saw the typo and fixed it - I'm usually at 420F. Good catch. :toast:

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Steve, I guessed you were going for 400F not 40F or I would Vape off my fingers even in the UK

I will give your suggested settings ago when back at home. I was concerned about temperature protected flashing after a vape as its listed in the manual as an error message.

As mentioned my other mods are Provari which now seems simple having only v and w to play with. I should not moan as its 13 months since I stopped smoking after too many years, but I enjoyed it. 2 days after starting vaping I tried a roll up and thought why did I like this?

So good things come around. I really appreciate your help and the others that have chipped in.

Still interested in the mini usb plug, do all yours only go in half way? All the best. Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread