Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello there,

Today I have another box-mod for review for you, this time the lost vape (Quest) Grus. A single 21700 box mod. It is from the Lost Vape Quest line, which is basically their ‘cheaper’ production line. Lost Vape is mostly known for their dna chip devices, and the Grus is not part of their dna line.

Special thanks to Sourcemore for sending me this device for the purpose of this review, much appreciated. In the end of the review I have a special discount code that can get you this device for just $26,99.

Specifications:

1. A high-end box mod with ease of use
2. Built-in DC 5V type-c port
3. Accurate temperature adjustment: SS/TI/NI
4. Durable stylish and simplified
5. Maximum 100W output
6. Support max 30mm tank, 510 connector
7. 0.96 inch color TFT display screen
8. Compatible with a single 21700/20700/18650 battery with the included adapter
9. Multiple protections: Short-Circuit/Weak Battery/Over Heat/10S Over-time Protection

Packaging:

1* Grus 100 Mod
1* Type-C USB Cable
1* 18650 Battery Adaptor
1* Warranty Card
1* User Manual

Review:

First thing that came up to me when holding this device in my hand was its weight, it’s a heavy one for a single battery mod weighing 245grams, most heavy 21700-mod I have used so far. Its solidness is what makes up for the weight, it feels solid and properly machined. The entire body is made from Zinc alloy, and the form factor and edges are laying very well in the hand. The shape of the device looking at it from the bottom reminds me of Batman.

There are nine color options to choose from, there is three Gunmetal, Silver or Black framed ones which then again have three different panel options. I am happy to have received the Black/Walnut Wood color, it looks very nice. But there is plenty of other nice color options available, from what I understand the panel is real wood, same as carbon fiber panels are real carbon fiber.

Only branding on the face of the device can be found on the side of the 510-plate. It says Lost Vape on one side and Grus on the other side. Best thing about the 510-plate is its size, with 30mm in diameter it has no overhang-issues unless you are into massive rebuildable.

A nice and round fire-button that clicks nicely and reacts well, and DNA styled up/down and a selection button in the middle. All buttons feel properly inserted and react well to any click; they also do not rattle. Under the navigation buttons a USB-C port can be found, nice it is USB-C even though I rarely use it on an external battery mod.

On the bottom you will find the text ‘Designed and manufactured by Lost Vape Ltd’ and the battery cap. Really like they went with a battery cap, they are more solid. This one is also nicely machined and screws on and off nicely. The ‘lip’ makes it easy to grab onto the door. Also, the battery cap is thick making sure it is properly closed. Inside the battery compartment you will find a + marking helping you with the battery orientation.

On the front of the device you will find a nice and large 0.96 inch screen. When turned on you will find all details such as battery-level, resistance, puff-timer, puff-counter, and the current power setting. This device does not have any side menu’s which is kind of a pity, especially considering it has 3 navigation buttons.

What you can do with this device:

- 5x fire-button = power on/off
- Middle navigation button = activate scrolling through different modes (TC, VW, VV)
- Middle navigation button + down = reset puff-counter
- Middle navigation button + up = lock/unlock the device (can still fire)
- Hold middle navigation button for 2s = change theme color (6 options)

In TC mode there is no way to adjust the wattage, the device automatically sets the wattage depending on the resistance. Also, nowhere on the screen you can see what the device sets the wattage to, so you just need to fire and see if it fits your power output. In my opinion it should be possible to adjust wattage in TC mode, especially for a device which a screen of its size. Conclusion; not a good device for TC.

Apart from that the regular wattage and voltage work well and the device fires up quickly. I do like the fact that the device scrolls in 0.1W increments, comes in handy for MTL fine-tuning. This device scrolls extremely fast, maybe even too fast sometimes. It does round robin back to 5W ones you reach the maximum 100W output.

Conclusion:

A solid, well-performing 21700 box-mod. Not the lightest, but it gives that proper hold and feeling in the hand. Looking at the navigation buttons, it would not surprise me if a DNA version will come out one day. The navigation buttons for the current chipset feel too overpowered, as there is not much you can do with this device really, there is no side-menu’s.

What does make this mod attractive is it looks and very important its price, looking around at the web I can tell you that for the price you pay you simply get a very proper mod. Good news is that I have a discount code for you that allows you to get this mod for just $26.99, that in my opinion is very cheap for a mod. Discount code is LVG and the Grus can be found here: Lost Vape Grus Mod 100W TC Box Mod

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read, let me know if you have any questions.

Take care,

Sjoerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread