I have switched to carto tanks!
Zmax2_zpsb48ed210.jpg

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Carto tanks kept me in the game when I was ready to call it quits. +1 for carto tanks.

I so desperately want to suggest carto tanks to new vapers, but I almost always default to suggesting clearos. Even if given first-person hands-on instruction, there are a ton of things that could go wrong for a noob trying to use a carto tank. That's why I (reluctantly, but nevertheless) suggest clearos for new vapers.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
You will love them..I used to just use plain old cartomizers by themselves and I was having to take like 4 to 5 a day with me to work cause after your first few puffs the taste diminishes so much. Was constantly losing them. Now I just take 1 3.5 tank and a kanger t3 with me and Im set for the day.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
good to know...my next purchase will be carto...i'm scared (only because i am new and already tired of fiddling with what i have) LOL

like your avatar :) go working dogs!

This is the tank I started with....Smoktech 510 3.5ml Dual Coil Tank (DCT)

It worked so well I got me a couple more so far it has handled any juice I put in it.

Now at home I have this...https://www.ibtanked.com/complete-tanks/stainless-steel-setup/19mm-xl-tank-detail

Its also a 3.5 ml tank but its a lot bigger cause its made out of glass. Looks very good on a Vamo.

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
Carto tanks kept me in the game when I was ready to call it quits. +1 for carto tanks.

I so desperately want to suggest carto tanks to new vapers, but I almost always default to suggesting clearos. Even if given first-person hands-on instruction, there are a ton of things that could go wrong for a noob trying to use a carto tank. That's why I (reluctantly, but nevertheless) suggest clearos for new vapers.

That's pretty sound advice, IMO. The clearos are so easy to use. I'm still a relative noob (7 months into vaping), but when I was a 'noob's noob', I tried carto tanks, and the results were disastrous. It completely put me off them. I may try them again at some point in the future, but I doubt it. Give me the wicking tanks any day. :laugh:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll agree that cartotanks are a little more time consuming in preparation and have a higher learning curve, but once someone has become comfortable with the string-wicked tanks they might wish to explore the "other kind of tank". Cartotanks are not position dependent like the string wicked tanks are (needing to be frequently tipped to keep the wicks wet). Most are more durable than the relatively fragile string-wick tanks. And they have arguably better flavor production. Unless you use the pyrex-tubed Kanger Pro Tank, the voltatile flavored juices like cinnamon and citrus flavors can not be used in clearomizers or polycarbonate-tubed tanks for fear that those flavors will crack or melt them.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3733-6-something-safe-cinnamon-citrus-flavors.html

quatro

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2013
TX
The carto that came with the tank is a 2.5Ohm single coil, I also got a dual coil 1.5Ohm to try (measures 1.3Ohm). Well today I tried it and am liking it even more! The taste, throat hit and vapor production are pretty stellar! Have the single coil set at 7.5W and the dual at 13W for my juice.

Loving these cartos. The UDCT fits perfectly on the flat top Sigelei and you can adjust the airflow by adjusting how much you tighten. There is absolutely no gap between the tank base and mod as the flat top has a wider well, the tank almost sits in it yet allows perfect air flow that can be fine tuned!

Was thinking of getting a few of the Smoktech dual coil LR mega cartomizers (non tank version) for use with my eGo batteries when traveling. Don't know how the TSA will react to the Sigelei setup, I know the eGo setups are no problem as I took them to Japan with me in Feb. Have to go again next month and trying to get an optimun travel carto setup. Any recommendations welcome. On my last trip I took eGo batteries and T3 + juice and had no issues with AA and JAL.

Last edited:

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
That's pretty sound advice, IMO. The clearos are so easy to use. I'm still a relative noob (7 months into vaping), but when I was a 'noob's noob', I tried carto tanks, and the results were disastrous. It completely put me off them. I may try them again at some point in the future, but I doubt it. Give me the wicking tanks any day. :laugh:

uh oh...what happened?

I'll agree that cartotanks are a little more time consuming in preparation and have a higher learning curve, but once someone has become comfortable with the string-wicked tanks they might wish to explore the "other kind of tank".
maybe i am missing something or doing something incorrectly and not realizing it? *completely* possible 3 weeks in! LOL

p.s. i took the plunge...now the online tank shopping begins LMAO
pretty sure the cartomizer is the boge f-16 LR....NO idea what the tank is...the top is fixed somewhat beveled black chrome, the bottom has a screwcap and flat (compared to the top)..the "tube" is like a frosted white (also came in green/blue)

this is a massive difference from a vivi or even a nano...i have volts at the lowest setting (3.0) and barely pulling and the vape is still ridiculously strong...i'm sure it will be different tomorrow after sitting all night and a fresh not-vaped-in-hours body LOL

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
hottierockstar you got a locking tank, sounds same as the UDCT. I tried a regular carto tank once and did not like it as it just spun and moved on the carto plus was super airy on the draw. The locking tanks are solid and draw is tight, love em.

right now it is almost too much (but i have been vaping all dang day LOL)

oh i know the regular....the ones that if you put any upward pressure at all while disengaging from the power source...you end up with juice running down your arm and all over everything? (i didn't do that...watched it happen repeatedly at the b&m "bar" LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread