LOVE my Riva but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallmaan84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
Tax Season is coming up and Daddy is getting a new present. Haven't figured out which mod is right for me. I looked at the Provari and the Xhaler and both are appetizing but i also love the look of the box. Can someone point me in the direction of a good pros and cons thread or what some of the strengths and weaknesses of these mods are? Also will be using the tank system with inserted carto in them as well so all day vaping is KEY!! I literally vape all the time when im home so battery MUST last all day to keep upkeep to a minimum. Thanks in advance for your response.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I run through 6 - 7 ml on either the notcigs Buzz Pro and Infinity between battery swaps, at 5V/8Watts. They are nice VV tube mods, simple thumb wheel to adjust the voltage. No LCD display or other bells and whistles, just the wheel adjustment. Notcigs makes pretty rugged VVs, well known to take a beating. They also have a simple positive off function, just slightly unscrew the bottom to break contact.

Swigger14

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2011
Boston
Tax season? Isn't it November?

Anyways, I got this VV mod from MadVapes as a way to test the waters before looking at the more expensive stuff. It doesn't have bells and whistles, but I was in for the mod, 2 batteries and charger for just over $40 or so. It's been awesome - I can see why people swear by VV. I've been taking my Rivas during the day to work, and usually use the box mod when I'm home at night. I charge every 2-3 days using it like that - could probably go longer but I'm pretty good about charging batts when I have a chance.

nola

Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
New Orleans
The advantage of a box mod is that it will sit up on a table or desk or any flat surface. I find that convenient for finding it if you need to put it down. I would look at the warranties on the more expensive mods. I bought one mod for 80 dollars and it was unfixable after 4 months. Well maybe someone could fix it but the vendor that made it couldn't. Wish I would have known that. But then 80 dollars is really inexpensive when comparing all the mods. Only now I am out $80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread