The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Loving my new mini tank!

Discussion in 'Mom and Pop Vapor Shop' started by Suncruiser, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Plus, as I have done, you can use all sized cartos and atties in them and just move the grommets to fit. I put my little Boge in the big tank for an xtra 1ml+ juice.

Oh gosh, I've turned into a fanboy now, is there a cure?

2. FriedLiverAtack

FriedLiverAtack Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2011
    California, USA
    I stand corrected.

Seems like a workable design, they have fill ports that overcome the additional trouble of disassembly. Pulling the juice out with a syringe isn't that much trouble. Only a few more dollars than a Smoktech DCT, which I don't particularly like because they are too long, although I have a number of them. Would consider them myself but I've started to gravitate to tanks that are a little more "stylish".

3. thehangdude
    This message by thehangdude has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Feb 25, 2012.
    Feb 22, 2012
  4. FriedLiverAtack

Oct 23, 2011
    California, USA
    Didn't say it looked "bad". It just isn't a M1A1 or a Cartomator. But for what I paid for those 2 tanks you could buy 5 subs so it isn't a fair comparison.

5. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Nice Hangdude. I reckon these are more function over form, But I've seen some great SS and carbon fiber wraps put on tanks.

I'd imagine you could also wet sand the ends til they're shiny also.

6. pwyll

pwyll Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I got a couple of the Smoktech's just before these went up on Mom & Pop's site because I thought they would be mass-produced versions of the hand-tooled delrin tanks. But the plastic looks cheaper, either a lower-grade delrin or not delrin at all, and I've never even opened them. Mom & Pop's Submarine tanks seemingly have no problems (and the fill port is fantastic) as long as you do not consider having to have an emprty tank to change the carto a "problem."

I do plan on getting a Phiniac some day, and there are a couple of the more "traditional" tanks I wouldn't mind having--but that fill port really has me spoiled :lol:

7. pwyll

Not impressed by the Cartomator--nothing wrong with it, just nothing special to me--but the M1A1 is one I've been wanting since they introduced them...

8. FriedLiverAtack

Oct 23, 2011
    California, USA
    I would never have paid the $45 dollars for the Cartomator except it matches the finish/design of the PrecisePlus so well that it seems to be a part of it. I must like the M1A1's, I've bought 2 and picked up another in a trade.

But I would trade all my smoktech tanks for the subs if anyone was stupid enough to like that deal.

9. pwyll

For some people that's enough reason. I can be one of those people sometimes. But I don't have anything that any of them would match, hence nothing special to me ;)

[/QUOTE]I must like the M1A1's, I've bought 2 and picked up another in a trade.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...you seem to have a few. I've got a couple of brand-new-never-opened SmokeTech DCC tanks I'll trade, if you're interested...

D'OH! :lol:

I hear you there. A lot of people do seem to like them, but they are so cheap it's hard to make them a trading point rather than just a "throw it in as an extra"...

10. howlinwolf

howlinwolf Full Member Verified Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Shilo,Manitoba,Canada
    Well i got my mini tank's and juice today, and all i can say is WOW!! Can't believe what i've been missing,so easy to use, no more messy leaking from dripping, i get a little over zealous when i drip, can't seem to get enough fast enough, the tank cures this. Yeah!! I guess it looks like i'm goin on vapecation tomorrow to enjoy my new set-up. Also i'd like to add that the customer service that i recieved, seeing as:vapor: i'm from Canada, from mom and pop was outstanding to say the very least Thanks Tami:) I'll be a steady customer. Cheers Jimi

11. pwyll

With your avatar being Tom Waits I have to ask--is your user name a reference to Chester Burnett or is it just coincidence?

12. howlinwolf

howlinwolf Full Member Verified Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Shilo,Manitoba,Canada
    Hi there pywll, no coincidence thanks for the like Bud!

13. pwyll

Nice to see someone familiar with the classics. A lot of people like the popularized "obscure" musicians, but it seems to be rare to find people familiar with the music that influenced them.

Welcome aboard, to ECF and to the Mom and Pop family :thumb:

14. zalaros

zalaros Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2011
    Greece
    I just received my new mini tank and i love it too :D It's perfect ;) But i have a minor issue :unsure: I tried to place a carto and both of the grommets stay crooked all the time :facepalm: I can't find an easy way to place the carto in so that the grommets stay straight. Any hints or ideas? Thank you :)

15. pwyll

It's just a matter of adjusting the grommets until they're straight (or at least straight enough for you). I just put them in about half-way and then go around the circumference of the grommet pushing down just a little bit at a time...

16. zalaros

Mar 10, 2011
    Greece
    With the carto in place right? I'll try that ;) Thank you for your reply :)

17. pwyll

Yes. They're very flexible so they get out of place easily while you're putting them together. I usually put the bottom one on and get it adjusted and then just put the top on a tiny bit at a time. But you could also put them both on about half-way and then adjust each of them as you go. That might be a little quicker, but it would allow you to make sure both grommets match each other perfectly, if that's your thing ;)

Good luck, and let us know how it goes...

18. r77r7r

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've just started using the ego "cone", if you have one. The smaller end of the cone works on positioning the carto on the grommet, the wider side moves it in and out the tank.

Maybe a little juice to help things slide...........

19. zalaros

Mar 10, 2011
    Greece
    Yes this does help a lot :D Also i noticed that removing the screw to depressurize the tank, when the liquid is at about the half of the tank, really works with great results :thumb:

20. P0P

P0P Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    C'Ville Virginia
    you lost me could you explain!![​IMG]:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.