Low intake attys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
Okay you guys may think this is weird. I have an atomizer that was dying so I put some ry4 in it to use until it lived out it's life. Its all the way dead now but as it was dying the air flow in it would decrease slowly. Ry4 tastes better in a thicker cloud from the dying atty than the normal 'thin' cloud from my normal 510 atties. I am probably just weird though. But come on... Who doesnt like thick condensed plumes of smoke? Even at the expense of longer draws.

So what's a type of atomizer that has low draw? mod perhaps? Also what causes attys to draw less as they die?

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Well, I don't want this to roll off into lala land unanswered, so I'll give ya 2 cents on 1/2 of it. I can't speak to all atomizers as to draw, so I'll leave that to another poster.

I think that the harder draw on a nearly dead atty is the same type of thing that happens with a clogged, but not dead atty. Accumulation of semi-cooked e-juice in the atty chamber builds up and causes restricted air flow. That's why cleaning them out solves the issue. Also cleaning them, blowing them out, dry burns, etc. keeps the atty working properly and thus avoids the issue. Clogged atties result in the user over-heating them while trying to get a decent amount of vapor, killing the atty. Clogged atties semi-working also produce less vapor.

To adjust air-flow, try plugging one of the little holes in the atty, or using the "scotch tape" mod and plugging ONE of the hole/slits at the atty-battery connection after you screw it on.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread