Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I m just used to burn coils for my mech on a regulated mod any way to do it on the sx mini q mini ? on their website they claim the mode supports 0.05 and up
Yea I seen that it supports down to .05, the only problem is these resistance readers on our mods aren’t accurate down to +\- 0.01 ohms. Even a yihi or dna chip probably can’t meet those tolerances. I think your best bet is to build a higher ohm coil. Probably stay to 0.1 ohms and above. Sorry probably not what you wanted to hear but I think that your best option.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

vape_on

Mar 9, 2019
Yea I seen that it supports down to .05, the only problem is these resistance readers on our mods aren’t accurate down to +\- 0.01 ohms. Even a yihi or dna chip probably can’t meet those tolerances. I think your best bet is to build a higher ohm coil. Probably stay to 0.1 ohms and above. Sorry probably not what you wanted to hear but I think that your best option.
Well i never had that problem with my dna 250 and i am surprised that YIHI manufacturer gave wrong info on their website about the mod

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Well i never had that problem with my dna 250 and i am surprised that YIHI manufacturer gave wrong info on their website about the mod
It could be that your coil is actually 0.04 ohms in which case your mod, and the specs yihi quoted, are accurate. Why do you want to build so low?

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I have the Yihi Sx mini Q mini.

You need to build above 0.1 Ohm, and make sure to use two very good batteries, like VTC5a or the P26.

I have some mods, and only the Dani box is able to drive a true 0.05 Ohm coil without complaints.

The vast majority of vapers use coils with a resistance higher than 0.15 Ohm. The efficiency of ANY mod below that value can quickly become risible, despite what is stated in their spec sheets.

Personally, I don't use or build coils below 0.25 Ohm, be it on regulated or unregulated setups, as it is inefficient - and considered dangerous by many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread