Belgium
BladeRunner-Owl-1920x1080.jpg

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I've never used any pod system, and I am unclear as to what defines high wattage. I guess the highest I've used for more than a draw or two was around 45, and surely that falls short.
What I have noticed when stepping up from 20 to 40 watts is much shorter battery charge and much higher consumption of eLiquid. Also, that it became necessary to reduce the nic level of the liquid at higher wattage.
It stands to reason that if you're consuming more liquid, you'd get more flavor from the same liquid formulation.

I don't know what defines low resistance either. I do have some sub-ohm coils, but the lowest are 0.4ohm. That's when I get to the neighborhood of 40 watts, maybe a bit higher.
It's obvious to me that it's not very economical. I've been satisfied for more than 10-years with reasonable ranges to never have any nic cravings, nor to even think about smoking again, ever. That's great, so far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I've never used any pod system, and I am unclear as to what defines high wattage. I guess the highest I've used for more than a draw or two was around 45, and surely that falls short.
What I have noticed when stepping up from 20 to 40 watts is much shorter battery charge and much higher consumption of eLiquid. Also, that it became necessary to reduce the nic level of the liquid at higher wattage.
It stands to reason that if you're consuming more liquid, you'd get more flavor from the same liquid formulation.

I don't know what defines low resistance either. I do have some sub-ohm coils, but the lowest are 0.4ohm. That's when I get to the neighborhood of 40 watts, maybe a bit higher.
It's obvious to me that it's not very economical. I've been satisfied for more than 10-years with reasonable ranges to never have any nic cravings, nor to even think about smoking again, ever. That's great, so far as I'm concerned.
I'd say anything too far below 90 watts can no longer be defined as true high wattage vaping, as that region is where that final last bit of "oomph" starts to fade into oblivion... like inhaling just air (although there can be throat hit, but that is not what I am referring to here, as in fact I am a high wattage vaper who completely dislikes anything more than just a really very low amount of throat hit) with a little flavor tacked on that is subtle and diluted IME. So basically, around 100 watts is typical high wattage and (also IME) the starting point for full flavor, but I frequently vape at 230 watts for both flavor and the feel of the vape, in cohort with the so-called cross-modal perception of flavor that occurs in all normal humans, and that, contrary to popular belief, is also engendered by the feel of the vape (the warmth, wetness, density, and texture or smoothness). The main reason why I am a mech user is it affects both flavor and the feel of the vape, and, the feel of the vape enhances flavor or human perception thereof.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread