Status
Not open for further replies.

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
Simple breakdown sans jargon:

The atty coil gets hotter faster...

results: *typically: more vapor, faster. shorter "drags" for some. also some claim a warmer vapor; yeilding a better throat hit.

downsides: some claim shorter atty life span. drains battery quicker

please correct me if im wrong but those should be the high points with out getting overly technical

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
For whatever its worth... I know the recommendation is to use a batt with min 450mah. And i support the expertise of others. That being said...

Ive been using a 1.7ohm LR atty on a 510 Mega batt 280mah for 3-4 days now. It hits like a champ IMHO, i will note that it does cut the batt's life span rather short, and i have been told else where on ecf that it potentially changes the batteries chemical make up (could be bad joo joo).

I have my usb charger plugged into my laptop here while im at work, and keep the spare batt in rotation to prevent any sudden death issues... i havent run into any problems yet, aside from the short batt life ( a google search will yeild a pretty nice break of the math and what it means in terms of puffs on the atty until it dies)

Main reason i ordered an eGo... was the higher rated batt and my desire to continue using an LR atty @ 3.7v

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Alright, I've given the LR atty a solid 24 hours on the Ego. Battery life doesn't SEEM to be compromised, and, if it is, it hasn't been noticable.

At first, I was going to give it a 'meh', but, now that it's coming into it's own, I'm starting to pick up some differences in my A.C. (The only liquid I've used on it, so far.)

Believe it or not, it's actually SWEETER on the LR. Not in a bad way, on the contrary. :)

I'll try out one of my tobacco flavors on the other one starting tomorrow, I have a good feeling about THAT one, it's hard to identify changes with the AC because it's already such an intense flavor. Hopefully, the tobacco will be GREATLY improved or, knocked off it's pegs..I'll keep all that are interested posted though! :)

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
I got my eGo today,, been using an LR atty on it since about noon,,, diggin it hard.

i gotta admit though im distraught atm... i was told today or yesterdy in another LR atty post that the eGo may or may not be a good option for LR atties... that the current recommendation is min 900mah.

I ordered my eGo based on the idea that it was going to be good for running the LR atty.... me thinks im sad

DianeH

Apr 24, 2010
Toronto GTA
If you do get LR.....make sure you keep the atty WET....they are easy to burn up....have a 4 day lifer to prove it, my second one is in it's 3rd week and going strong

Really glad you mentioned keeping it wet. I've always dripped into the cartridge but will drip a drop into the atty at the same time as well. :)

uber

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2010
Minnesota
I got my eGo today,, been using an LR atty on it since about noon,,, diggin it hard.

i gotta admit though im distraught atm... i was told today or yesterdy in another LR atty post that the eGo may or may not be a good option for LR atties... that the current recommendation is min 900mah.

I ordered my eGo based on the idea that it was going to be good for running the LR atty.... me thinks im sad

I remember reading somewhere (Dont know where, but here most likely) that nothing lower than 500 or 600 mah for a LR atty. I am also about to get a LR for my eGo, once I make up my mind on the juices I want to get shipped with it.

SWestern

May 12, 2010
South Florida
I've found that the best, smallest batteries to use with the low resistance atties I've used thus far (mostly from AltSmoke) have been AW brand 10440's (350mah). I know it's been said that you need to use at least 400 or more, but these batteries seem to last 3-4 hours with great vaping in my lazer mod from ikenvape. I just love how these devices get smaller and more powerful every day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread