LR on 32g kanthal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telescope Neil

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
just made a coil for my did clone today, and it is working AMAAAAAAZING. this was my first genesis and it's just been 2 days since i got it. I'm pretty sure that it's not luck that got me to this point, but patience. hehe :D

anyway, i did 6 wraps around the mesh, and it gave me 1.6 ohms on my LT. although it really is working stellar, i'm feeling that it wont last long. is this normal to have 1.6 ohms with 6 wraps with a 32 gauge kanthal? or should i rebuild it again?

and one more thing, what does 4/3 3/2 5/6 and other numbers like that mean? i know they represent the number of wraps for a coil, but i don't get it. i just use a single number like 3 wraps or something as a reference for the number of wraps im using.

Telescope Neil

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
i don't think i have a short cause it's just really an amazing vape. i use 10mg nic that i did myself and it already feels like 15-18 mg. vapor and flavor is top notch. although the ohms it's kinda jumping now, from 1.6 to 1.5 to 1.4 then 1.5. it's stable now at 1.5, so it bump down in 0.1. im kinda bummed right now even if im vaping at an excellent level.

I did use the kanthal that came with it, and the seller told me it was 32g. maybe it was 30? if it was, would 1.5 or 1.6 ohms be normal on a 6 wrap for a 30g?

overall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
TEXAS
Congratulations. Enjoy the vape. Always have a backup in place as genesis systems can be tricky. A nice stable coil can suddenly change with a jolt. If you have a satisfying setup I would not change it.
I did spend many hours recoiling in the beginning.....just to tinker. Now I still tinker just not in search of a better vape. After a while you will be doing this blindfolded and know instantly if something is wrong. An unstable setup is not forgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread