Status
Not open for further replies.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
Makes me hurt just thinking about your poor pooch. We tend to think in terms of how something effects us and fail to think about the body weight to ingested material.

A friend of mine had a cat and he would pour few drops of beer on it's coat. The cat would lick it off not because she liked it but just to get clean. Well after about the fourth time the cat would be staggering... maybe a total of one tablespoon. Hard to believe but true - I swear!!!

Now one might wonder what this has to do with Lucky 7? Hmmm... nothing. :oops:

it all runs downhill to myspill

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Have any of you emailed Chris, or Lucky7Vapes in general? And received a reply?
I emailed the site, no reply for 4 days, then PMed Chris, here on the forums. Still no reply.

Sam,

First I wouldn't expect replies on the weekend. They seem to take their weekend time off pretty serious.

Also I have read several post that claimed they had better luck with ECF PMs. I personally have noticed that Chris seems to respond to communications late in the evening on normal work days.

I know, not much help but just keep sending the messages so their is no chance of him missing your messages. :2c:

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Well. One month later, my Kahlua and Cream is vapeable.

PennyLynn,

Please describe vapeable... I never got mine to a point that I could enjoy it and it is not one of those flavors that you can mix with something else and make a "silk purse" out of it. Also mine never tasted like Kahlua or even a coffee flavor, actually I can't come up with a description of what it did taste like.

I finally gave up on mine and just dumped it. My other lucky seven flavors I tinkered with a little sweetener and cutting some with flavorless Nic juice and so far they are all pretty good in the sense that I don't have any of that "Chemical" taste anymore.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
PennyLynn,

Please describe vapeable... I never got mine to a point that I could enjoy it and it is not one of those flavors that you can mix with something else and make a "silk purse" out of it. Also mine never tasted like Kahlua or even a coffee flavor, actually I can't come up with a description of what it did taste like.

I finally gave up on mine and just dumped it. My other lucky seven flavors I tinkered with a little sweetener and cutting some with flavorless Nic juice and so far they are all pretty good in the sense that I don't have any of that "Chemical" taste anymore.

Well. I put some in a dripper that I had been using various coffee-ish juices in (I tend to do a drip session with at least 5 different-but-similar flavors, like fruits or coffees). And where it had been some sort of unrecognizeable-whatever it seemed to blend in a pleasant way. Most important, it didn't have that gross sweetness in MBV juices. Don't know if this is a glowing recommendation...but I hate to throw anything out, and will try things multiple times.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Sam,

First I wouldn't expect replies on the weekend. They seem to take their weekend time off pretty serious.

Also I have read several post that claimed they had better luck with ECF PMs. I personally have noticed that Chris seems to respond to communications late in the evening on normal work days.

I know, not much help but just keep sending the messages so their is no chance of him missing your messages. :2c:

I figured as much. I PMed him 2 days ago, and honestly am not expecting a reply till sometime next week. I emailed them (Site's email) a week ago, and unfortunately got no reply. Guess I'll have to wait.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Well. I put some in a dripper that I had been using various coffee-ish juices in (I tend to do a drip session with at least 5 different-but-similar flavors, like fruits or coffees). And where it had been some sort of unrecognizeable-whatever it seemed to blend in a pleasant way. Most important, it didn't have that gross sweetness in MBV juices. Don't know if this is a glowing recommendation...but I hate to throw anything out, and will try things multiple times.

PennyLynn,

OK on the dripping - I didn't want to mention that but I found that was the only way I could use the Kahlua. For me though I only have one dripper tank and a bad build on it. I didn't build it to use cotton that I could easily change out and have been swearing to re-build it for about three months now. I think I have been putting it off because I am too lazy to drip. I am a bit of a chain vaper and when I forget and do that with the dripper... well you know how ugly that can get about the third dry nasty vape and I put it to the back of the closet "out of sight out of mind". ;)

I am like you and hate to pitch anything but about the third time I used it in my Kayfun and it gunked it up so bad that I had to re-build it each time. So rather than to keep trying the same thing and expecting a different result I pitched it.

MBV sweet, you got that right!!! I only know about their "Black Licorice" and it is the first juice that I thought was truly SWEET. The only good thing about it is I love licorice vapes and with the MBV I cut it with "No flavor Nic Juice" and ended up with a third more than I paid for and it is now excellent.

The Kahlua - is just off my L7 list permanently albeit if someone told me they found a good one I might give it a go. :facepalm:

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Thinking about trying a sampler now that Lucky7 seems to have its affairs more in order.
Not to split hairs with anyone, but I really don't think anything has changed. :D If so, you'd be seeing some serious turnaround in their processing time, at least down to 4 or 5 days and then straight to mail. While I don't mind this "Awaiting Shipment" thing, it puzzles me why it doesn't just go right to the USPS who will actually pick it up for you. Perhaps the Pony Express in OK is different these days. :D

And I guess I never understood this "No Weekend" thing... especially with a backlog that L7 apparently has. If you're behind, you catch up. Even if that means working on a <gasp> Saturday. :)

Whatever. I like their prices and am sitting on plenty of stock but I just have a feeling the biz is struggling. I've ordered from them before and I hope I don't get too hooked on anything I've got coming because I'm seriously doubting their ability to stay in business with these unusual practices. And especially now in light of the new (and murky) FDA regulations about nicotine looming on the horizon.

So... unless this next batch "wows" me, I'll be moving on. Again, not because I mind waiting to get these wonderful savings. I just don't think L7 has the right business model to sustain itself. Hope I'm wrong though.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
KODIAK™;12971940 said:
Not to split hairs with anyone, but I really don't think anything has changed. :D If so, you'd be seeing some serious turnaround in their processing time, at least down to 4 or 5 days and then straight to mail. While I don't mind this "Awaiting Shipment" thing, it puzzles me why it doesn't just go right to the USPS who will actually pick it up for you. Perhaps the Pony Express in OK is different these days. :D

And I guess I never understood this "No Weekend" thing... especially with a backlog that L7 apparently has. If you're behind, you catch up. Even if that means working on a <gasp> Saturday. :)

Whatever. I like their prices and am sitting on plenty of stock but I just have a feeling the biz is struggling. I've ordered from them before and I hope I don't get too hooked on anything I've got coming because I'm seriously doubting their ability to stay in business with these unusual practices. And especially now in light of the new (and murky) FDA regulations about nicotine looming on the horizon.

So... unless this next batch "wows" me, I'll be moving on. Again, not because I mind waiting to get these wonderful savings. I just don't think L7 has the right business model to sustain itself. Hope I'm wrong though.

I agree with much of what you say, Kodiak. The Lucky 7 company is based in a college town about 45 mins from me. It's in Norman, Oklahoma, home of Oklahoma University. Something I don't understand: if their business is booming, and they have more orders than they can efficiently fill, why don't they hire some college students to help with the backlog? I know there are thousands of them who live in Norman and go to school at OU. I can't believe it would be hard to find some part-time help. So, maybe you are correct about their business model. Could be that they don't have one.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Kodiak,

Their home page still has this posted:

DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF ORDERS THE CURRENT PROCESSING TIME COULD TAKE UP TO 7 BUSINESS DAYS (MONDAY-FRIDAY)

I know. And I don't know why. :D I have an order placed on 4/12 still "in the oven". (But in all fairness, I think I got caught up in that Berry flavor thing).

But truthfully, I think it's just time to shut down new orders, catch up. (I believe he's done that before). Then figure out before reopening, what the heck is going to change so we're not here again in another month.

My favorite supplier has a notice saying 4-5 days processing and more times than not, it does take 5 business days. But on day 6... it ships and I get it in 2. :) This happens like clockwork and I can always depend on it. So, I'd still like to know what "Awaiting Shipment" entails. If it's just a steeping bucket then call it what it is. Works for me. :)

I agree with much of what you say, Kodiak. The Lucky 7 company is based in a college town about 45 mins from me. It's in Norman, Oklahoma, home of Oklahoma University.
Yes, I lived in Norman many years ago. There weren't any sober University students there back then. Perhaps that's changed? :D

Seriously. I have nothing to base this on but I believe there still are supplier issues for these guys because no biz owner would intentionally be so callous about slow processing times on purpose. But the issue is still "an issue" and eventually nobody will care whose fault it is.

That, and I just can't believe it takes that many hands to crank out 25-30 orders per day. (Looking at order numbers in this thread, along with a few shipping dates yields *about* that number). But as i've said before, I have no idea what it takes to assemble an order. My pending order for instance has about 20 items on it alone.

I'll hang in there to be sure. Might even be back after this one. But as I alluded to above, this has happened before (and not too long ago at that).

joeh353

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
Louisville, Ky
I agree with Kodiak, they have a very poor business model if they even have one. I've seen countless people post on here saying they have contacted them and gotten no response from them. I placed one order from them on March 28th order shipped on April 4th, Delivered on April 7th. I ordered 20 12ml bottles. When I ordered it said 2-5 business days took a full week and it magically shipped after I contacted them twice asking about my order the second time I contacted them I told them if it wasn't shipping today to cancel my order and refund me my money. Within a few minutes of that second email sent to them my status changed from awaiting fulfillment to awaiting shipment. Then took another 6 hours to show it shipped.
Although their pricing is amazing, customer service is total crap and out of the 20 bottles only 1 so far after almost a month of steeping is vapeable. I won't place another order with them. A number of the flavors I got have a bad chemical after taste to them, some of them have a funky waxy taste to them while vaping. Most of them smell like the flavor I ordered but taste isn't right at all. For Example Strawberries and cream tastes unlike anything I could describe, Blueberry tastes kind of like blueberries but there is a strong taste of something wax like to it. Banana Blast smells like a bunch of chemicals to the point I have yet to taste it. Banana cream is the only one I have managed to vape that tastes close to what it should taste like.

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I agree with Kodiak, they have a very poor business model if they even have one. I've seen countless people post on here saying they have contacted them and gotten no response from them. I placed one order from them on March 28th order shipped on April 4th, Delivered on April 7th. I ordered 20 12ml bottles. When I ordered it said 2-5 business days took a full week and it magically shipped after I contacted them twice asking about my order the second time I contacted them I told them if it wasn't shipping today to cancel my order and refund me my money. Within a few minutes of that second email sent to them my status changed from awaiting fulfillment to awaiting shipment. Then took another 6 hours to show it shipped.
Although their pricing is amazing, customer service is total crap and out of the 20 bottles only 1 so far after almost a month of steeping is vapeable. I won't place another order with them. A number of the flavors I got have a bad chemical after taste to them, some of them have a funky waxy taste to them while vaping. Most of them smell like the flavor I ordered but taste isn't right at all. For Example Strawberries and cream tastes unlike anything I could describe, Blueberry tastes kind of like blueberries but there is a strong taste of something wax like to it. Banana Blast smells like a bunch of chemicals to the point I have yet to taste it. Banana cream is the only one I have managed to vape that tastes close to what it should taste like.

What ratio did u order? Any details regarding the mix you ordered would be helpful...flavor shot/s, nic amount?

thebanik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
New Delhi, India

No comments about their business model but their is no problem with their flavor. Specially the ones you have listed, I have finished 60ml of Banana Blast in less than a month, and would definitely order again. Same with blueberry. Maybe my taste buds are not sophisticated enough though for which I am thankful.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
No comments about their business model but their is no problem with their flavor. Specially the ones you have listed, I have finished 60ml of Banana Blast in less than a month, and would definitely order again. Same with blueberry. Maybe my taste buds are not sophisticated enough though for which I am thankful.

I have been giving thought to maybe they were forced to change vendors for their flavors. There seems to be many more complaints about flavors and chemical taste of late. "Just a thought" :2c:

joeh353

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
Louisville, Ky
What ratio did u order? Any details regarding the mix you ordered would be helpful...flavor shot/s, nic amount?

50/50 1 flavor shot and 24mg nic. To me if my ratio which I believe is their default combined with the flavor shot and nic level effects the quality of the flavor then they are not doing something right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread