Lucky escape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee72

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
UK
Yesterday I was sitting on the three piece, eating my tea. While I was eating, my GGTS with Ody fell between the cushions without me noticing. I finished my tea and went upstairs to play some Xbox. About an hour later I realised my GG was missing.

After a quick search and tracing my steps I found it. For the whole time it was down between the cushions it had been firing. The whole GG was red hot. I quickly took the battery out, placed it in a safe place and left my GG to cool. I then had to go out to a friends so I left it until today to sort out.

Today I stripped it all down to see the damage. The GG itself was fine, nothing wrong with it. My Ody on the other hand was looking a bit sorry for itself. I gave it a good clean and am busy making a new coil now. Apart from some horrible looking juice there was no damage at all to the Ody.

I was really surprised at how much abuse my GG took and is still perfect. I'm sure if I'd had a normal atty on things would have turned out a lot different. Thank God Imeo makes such a sturdy, safe product. A testament to the quality of a GG if ever there was one.

Here's what the Ody looked like after it happened. The bottom pics are after I cleaned it, good as new.

wow.jpg

Lesson learned, I'll be a lot more careful in the future.:oops:

lee72

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
UK
Kevin I was scared to open it after the stress it had been through. I was sure there would be melting o rings and all sorts of damage. It was so hot I couldn't believe I hadn't ruined it.

After a quick clean it's all as good as new. I'm so glad I use a GG as I don't think anything else could have took that amount of heat and survived. It really is a sturdy beast although I don't plan on testing it's strength again.

silverrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
USA
www.ihatesilver.com
I got lucky as well. Had my Stealth in my purse during lecture. I started smelling butterscotch and checked my GG.My books had pressed the button down and it was on for a long time. The Stealth was burning hot, but after I managed to take it apart to get the battery out. After class I put a different battery in it, changed cartos and it vaped as if nothing had happened. GG's are truly amazing. Glad your story had a happy ending as well.

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
I left mine in my lap while driving, it slide down and then between my legs in my "no no" area. :D. Didn't realize the button was pressed until my leg got really hot. Needless to say I did the same thing, cleaned it out and good as new. No more sitting it on my lap while driving now.

......sent from my phone.

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
I got lucky as well. Had my Stealth in my purse during lecture. I started smelling butterscotch and checked my GG.My books had pressed the button down and it was on for a long time. The Stealth was burning hot, but after I managed to take it apart to get the battery out. After class I put a different battery in it, changed cartos and it vaped as if nothing had happened. GG's are truly amazing. Glad your story had a happy ending as well.

Reminds me of sitting in a business class recently smelling caramel tobacco... hmmm my pocket is mighty warm... Whoops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread