Luke-warm turkey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxine

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Maine
Started with a Blu, got my money back, switched to a 510 and liked it so much I ordered an eGo a week later. Carts, dripping, cartos, mega cartos and still not getting reliable TH. Tried all PG, all VG, 80/20, 60/40. Tried a higher nic and just can't handle it - buzzzz out the wazzzzoo but still no hit. Just ordered LR atties from Liberty Flights to try again - if it kills my batteries I don't think I'd know the difference. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'd really appreciate some help/suggestions to get my eGo working as advertised.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
There's a learning curve to vaping and it sounds like you're in the middle of it. It took me a few weeks to find out how to make it consistent. All I can say is keep trying things and when you find something that works stick with it.

Me, I drip on a 2.0 ohm LR atty, always 3 drops. I push the button about a 1/2 second before taking a hit. First hit is a bit weak, next 4 or 5 are really good, then it starts tapering off. I'll get about 10 to 12 hits before I drip 3 drops again. I use carto's when I'm out but I really don't like them. I have to take a couple of primer puffs to get a decent hit. I thought about ordering some LR carto's but haven't gotten around to it yet, that might solve the problem.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Started with a Blu, got my money back, switched to a 510 and liked it so much I ordered an eGo a week later. Carts, dripping, cartos, mega cartos and still not getting reliable TH. Tried all PG, all VG, 80/20, 60/40. Tried a higher nic and just can't handle it - buzzzz out the wazzzzoo but still no hit. Just ordered LR atties from Liberty Flights to try again - if it kills my batteries I don't think I'd know the difference. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'd really appreciate some help/suggestions to get my eGo working as advertised.

Vaping delivers nicotine, but it isn't a cigarette.

There are some juices that attempt to mimic the rancid stench of a tobacco product. Results vary from person to person. An LR atty may help.

You might try something like Purecig from FSUSA or Ecopure. For me those are pretty close to a tobacco product. I also happen to like Dekang Tobacco Flavor. My tastes however are not universal- and your mileage may vary.

Maxine

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Maine
There's a learning curve to vaping and it sounds like you're in the middle of it. It took me a few weeks to find out how to make it consistent. All I can say is keep trying things and when you find something that works stick with it.

Me, I drip on a 2.0 ohm LR atty, always 3 drops. I push the button about a 1/2 second before taking a hit. First hit is a bit weak, next 4 or 5 are really good, then it starts tapering off. I'll get about 10 to 12 hits before I drip 3 drops again. I use carto's when I'm out but I really don't like them. I have to take a couple of primer puffs to get a decent hit. I thought about ordering some LR carto's but haven't gotten around to it yet, that might solve the problem.

Do you find the LR atties hurt your batteries? I don't much care for cartos, either and mostly drip. I do get plenty of vapor.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
You might just be a little like me. Everybody has their own thing, and PG is often haled as the TH king, but I really like more vapor. To me, the solid feeling of a cloud of vapor going into my lungs is the TH that I am looking for. IDK, just another avenue to look at. My happiest juices are more like 30/60 PG/VG. Good, thick clouds that I can see and feel.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
FWIW, I just ordered 30ml of Blended TAB from GoodProphets. It is all VG, but is thinner than VG usually is. It gives me good volume, but the biggest volume that I have had is the 60% VG mixes that I've gotten from Gourmet Vapor, even their 50/50 is good, and is what I usually order because I get the best of flavor and vapor.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Depends on the juice too. For me TopVapor from MadVapes @ 18-24mg is almost no TH and I LOVE it for times when I don't want TH. FSUSA and BWB 24mg both give a very nice TH. So also play around with various juice vendors. You don't need to up the nico if you don't want. And I usually go 50/50 with FSUSA (because I don't know any better) and I go with whatever default MAdVapes uses for their TopVapor, and default with BWB.

ice

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
Definitely agree with iceman, the juice plays a huge role in it. Certain flavorings tend to give a milder throat hit, and I've heard that sometimes adding a little PGA to a mix helps add some. (works ok with vodka)

I find that personally, much like grimm, I enjoy absolutely reckless throat hits, so I use a mod at 5 volts. If you get a good design with the right mindset the whole "this doesn't feel like a cig" thing isn't really an issue. Just gotta think of it as a cool bit of tech that makes you more awesome just by having one... ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread