lurker looking for info on mods rda's

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I have been thinking of getting somewhat of these items but I am not sure.

Keep in mind I am very open to suggestions.

First off
Kanthal 26 or 24?

batteries I was thinking of going for the 35amp ones.

I can get an ohm reader for 20
A charger for 18-26

Here some the problem. Mods and rda's

Mods: nemesis, infinite stingrays,
Tree of life, and chi u v2

rda's : I was thinking the tobh, patriot,
stellar, Helios, trident .

Pro's and con's of each of these would be totally helpful.

Thank you very much in advance for the help.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll only comment on your choice of batteries. The purple Efest 18650 2500mah 35 amp battery is really a re-branded LG18650HE2 2500mah battery which LG claims is only a 20 amp continuous discharge rate. IMHO, the Sony us18650VTC5 2600 mah 30 amp battery is better.

Efest 30 & 35 amp batteries

Last edited:

westonG

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
San Diego, CA
I agree ^^, for an RDA i always like to recommend the Tugboat.. The holes in the sides are perfect with plenty of airflow, the holes in the post are nice and large, you can do dual 22G coils pretty easily. It also has a derlin insulated drip tip that takes alot to get hot, buttery smooth threads and it comes in alot of colors The Tugboat Atty - In Stock - $85 all those mods are pretty good, just go with what asthetic piece you like better, also check out reviews on them. i personally prefer 24G wire just keep in mind it tends to be alot hotter then with tanks that you may be used to. I would pick up a spool of 28, 26 and 24G to test out all of them and see what you preffer. The rest you seem to be good to go, just be safe with the mechanical mods.

KC33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
There's so many good rda's available it's hard to go wrong. I assume you are new to building so I would agree with you on the TOBH and Patriot. They're both easy builds and deliver great vape. If I had to pick I would go with the TOBH. Infinite has a great clone which you can find for around 20 bucks.

Totally agree with Bad regarding the battery. The only other battery I might recommend, if your builds are over .75, is the Orbtronic SX22. Both are available at the link below.

Mods are just getting what you like. The only mod that I find to be a PITA is the Nemi, the bottom button will drive you crazy. 101 Vapes has a Buffalo mod for 33 bucks made by Infinite that looks real nice. I have the original Buffalo and love it.

GL on your adventure.

18650 Batteries Li-ion rechargeable

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I'll only comment on your choice of batteries. The purple Efest 18650 2500mah 35 amp battery is really a re-branded LG18650HE2 2500mah battery which LG claims is only a 20 amp continuous discharge rate. IMHO, the Sony us18650VTC5 2600 mah 30 amp battery is better.

Efest 30 & 35 amp batteries

Well, this would certainly explain why the Purple Efest nearly went into thermal runaway during testing when it was pushed to 20A ...*sigh* This is why Efest cannot be trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread