Lynda's "Lucious"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
This one has been a year in the making. In order to avoid controversy, I've given it a new name but many of you will recognize it when you read the recipe. In the begining, it began as Ecopure "Rich" and morphed to an even richer version by a well known vendor. This is my take on the two.

First, you must mix a batch of ethyl maltol. I mix 30 mls at a time and pour app. 1/3 bottle of crystals and fill with PG. It takes a lot of shaking and soaking in hot water to dissolve all the crystals. I wait until the next day and if there are no crystals settled in the bottom, I put more crystals in and repeat. This recipe is always mixed at 70% VG 30% PG and must be mixed using 100% VG nic. Here's the recipe for a 10 ml bottle of "Luscious."

Luscious 10 ml 18 mg nic

1.8 ml VG 100 mg nicotine
1.2 ml EM (mixed as above instructions. This replaces plain PG)
7 ml VG

Sit back and watch the plumes engulf you!!!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: FrostyMtl

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I forgot to add that I use 1 drop of sweetener per 10 ml. The sweetener really brings it to life and my apologies for anyone who mixed it and it tasted a little dry. This recipe makes for an excellent palate cleanser. When my buds are fried and I can't taste my other flavors, I can vape this for a little while and viola! :)

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
Sounds great, do you think it would change much if I used 50% VG and the rest PG%? Thank you for posting this!

I think the main difference would be that it would have more kick in the throat and of course not as much vapor production. Wouldn't hurt to try. I wouldn't use 50% EM solution though. I think that would be a bit much. I'd go with 30% EM and 20% plain PG for a 50/50 blend.

BikerBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
VA
This one has been a year in the making. In order to avoid controversy, I've given it a new name but many of you will recognize it when you read the recipe. In the begining, it began as Ecopure "Rich" and morphed to an even richer version by a well known vendor. This is my take on the two.

First, you must mix a batch of ethyl maltol. I mix 30 mls at a time and pour app. 1/3 bottle of crystals and fill with PG. It takes a lot of shaking and soaking in hot water to dissolve all the crystals. I wait until the next day and if there are no crystals settled in the bottom, I put more crystals in and repeat. This recipe is always mixed at 70% VG 30% PG and must be mixed using 100% VG nic. Here's the recipe for a 10 ml bottle of "Luscious."

Luscious 10 ml 18 mg nic

1.2 ml EM (mixed as above instructions. This replaces plain PG)
7 ml VG

Sit back and watch the plumes engulf you!!!

Enjoy!

I'm joining the 'confused' ranks here...I see 7+1.8=8.8ml of VG in a 10ml batch (88% VG), yet I see 70% VG mentioned. Where am I getting lost?

Also, what 'sweetener' do you use? I typically use a bit of EM to impart some sweetness, but you're using it here for flavor instead, and more than double the % of anything I've used.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I'm joining the 'confused' ranks here...I see 7+1.8=8.8ml of VG in a 10ml batch (88% VG), yet I see 70% VG mentioned. Where am I getting lost?

Also, what 'sweetener' do you use? I typically use a bit of EM to impart some sweetness, but you're using it here for flavor instead, and more than double the % of anything I've used.

The 1.8 ml VG is the nic base. The other 7 ml is just plain VG. I use sucralose liquid (TFA) as the sweetener. It's not required but does make it richer.

BikerBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
VA
Ah...I see where you got the 30/70. I think you meant "Mix the VG nic with the EM mix, and use this 30% to 70% VG, giving a final product of near 90%VG. It has only enough PG to dissolve the EM, the remainder being VG".

My calculator says about 1/8 teaspoon of EM in a 10ml batch, and probably will not mix properly, unless we follow your directions to mix the EM + PG first.

Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
Ah...I see where you got the 30/70. I think you meant "Mix the VG nic with the EM mix, and use this 30% to 70% VG, giving a final product of near 90%VG. It has only enough PG to dissolve the EM, the remainder being VG".

My calculator says about 1/8 teaspoon of EM in a 10ml batch, and probably will not mix properly, unless we follow your directions to mix the EM + PG first.

Thanks for sharing this recipe!

No, it isn't 90% VG, it's 70%. I can see why you are confused, I accidentally added the two VG totals together at the end. It should be 5.2 ml plain VG. My apologies.

Here's the correct recipe:
Luscious 10 ml 18 mg nic

3 ml EM (mixed as above instructions. This replaces plain PG)
5.2 ml plain VG

Last edited:

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I've added hot cinnamon to a ton of EM before. It's good. But 10% EM tastes the same as adding a lot more.

What the stronger mix does is make it have more of a kick. One could use a regular EM mix at 30% and get basically the same flavor. I tried it both ways and prefer the stronger EM solution. YMMV

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Mixed a batch up a few weeks back staying close as I could without buying additional Nic in a VG base. As I'm currently vaping at 8mg/ml I figured the addition PG there wouldn't be too detrimental ;) This has been in my rotation for a couple weeks now and I have to say this is indeed a nice change of pace vape, quite enjoyable. Took me a few tries to get the size and number of holes in the carto just right :oops: for anyone interested three evenly spaced 2mm holes did the trick :thumb:

This DIY is as fun to make as it is to vape, billowing clouds of vapor :D

Thanks for sharing :)

foobar1234

Nov 2, 2011
USA
ECOPure Rich has recently discontinued.... this thread is looking very promising.

How similar is this recipe in flavor to ECOPure Rich? Intellicig advertised that ECOPure Rich had a subtle tobacco flavor and this formulation seems to only include EM. Note, it must have been a VERY VERY subtle amount tobacco flavor... I could hardly taste it. Though, ECOPure Rich had a fairly complex taste and I'm not sure how much of that was due to EM or other additives.

Would appreciate someones comment that has tried this recipe and contrast it to ECOPure Rich.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread