M-Type Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueser

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Diddy Wah Diddy, USA
I don't know what you're trying to make but whatever it is you could substitute anything that would be better than Mtype IMO as it is the most horrid flavor I've ever tasted. If you're wanting a good tobacco flavor you need to be looking at HS RY1/Indian or INW Toni D' Milano S'Camel/Classic Smooth....HS @ 5-7%, INW @ 3-4% ...all these are good solid tobacco flavors...

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
I don't think you can substitute M-Type with anything on this earth. It is a very strong and particular flavor, and I know that at least TFA DK and TFA Flue Cured use some of it. M Type has to be used in very small amounts (preferably 0.5% or under), and your mix will need to steep for at least 1 month before it is vapeable.

i would advice to skip those recipes that use M Type, but if you want to make them...then you would need the stuff.

Here is a simple recipe to make with 2 of the flavors you already have. i took it from another thread on this forum. Very vapeable right away, better after a couple of weeks steeping:

DK Master Blend

4% DK Tobacco
4% Tobacco Blend (Tobacco Absolute/Em)

Last edited:

cacooke

Feb 28, 2014
Franklin NC
I normally just make my own version of Tribecca and DK-tab, but wanted to try something different.
I came across this recipe which I have everything for except the M-Type.

dads ry4
Nicotine Strength 18.00 mg
PG Level 50.00%
VG Level 50.00%
Flavor Level 11.50%
Amount to Make 3.000 ml
Nic 100mg 100vg (ecigexpress) 18.00% .540 ml
PG (ecigexpress) 20.50% 0.615 ml
VG 50.00% 1.500 ml
DK Tab 5.00% 0.150 ml
mtype 0.50% 0.015 ml
vanil bourbon 1.50% 0.045 ml
Caramel 3.00% 0.090 ml
Vanilla 1.50% 0.045 ml

I'm assuming this would be DK- Tab like Hangsen. My TFA DK Tobacco Flavor tastes like flowers, even after steeping for 3 months.

Thanks for all the info.

cacooke

Feb 28, 2014
Franklin NC
I have both TFA DK Tobacco Flavor and TFA Tobacco flavor. Both are very floral to me "roses with chrysanthemums". My TFA DK Tobacco Flavor even turns reddish after steeping. Argg...

I switched to Hangsen.
Not much luck with the FlavorArt flavors either. I hear too little doesn't work and too much just turns it off. Guess I can't find that sweet spot...

I use tons of TFA RY-Double though.

I was just looking to make something different with what I have in stock.

Thanks all...

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I don't think you can substitute M-Type with anything on this earth.
your mix will need to steep for at least 1 month before it is vapeable.

I couldn't agree more about substituting it,there is absolutely nothing else that could be used to make a flavor as bad as that stuff,like mentioned above,it is horrid haha.I just traded off my m-type in the swap section,i even warned the person about how strong it is,but i guess he is feeling brave because he still wanted it.

As for steeping,i'm not even sure a month would help it,i made the 1 and only sample i will ever make of it back in april at 2%,it is still not vapeable to this day,at least not for me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread