M201 New Style Attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalesa

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles County, Ca
Lalesa what may be wrong is there may be some primer dried in your attys.
Mine did the same thing untill all of the primer was gone even turning my ry4 a wierd reddish brown color in the carts.
The best way i've found to clean mine is to get a small pot and fill with water and heat on the stove untill it just starts to boil.
Then I turn it down untill just below simmering and using a long pair of tweezers swish the atty around for about 10 seconds, rinse in warm water at the sink and blow out from both ends when it cools enough, repeating 4 or 5 times untill clean and blow out real good with a paper towel in it to dry. then I draw on the atty attached to the battery for about 3 or 4 seconds to do a dry burn. Reprime and it should vape right.

I'll give that a try Charlie - Thank you. I've washed them once with no difference but I'll try what you suggest and see if that makes a difference. I hope it does, I'd really like to use them AND like them. ;)

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Here's a pic of the two styles. I tried to get the best shot of the exterior and the threads. The one on the left is the shiny version and the one on the right is the matte version. Oh, and you can't really tell from the pic, but about 3/8 inch from the battery-end, I can see and feel a definite bump all the way around the atty. Anyhoo, my question is which one is the old style atty and which is the new? I need to order more attys soon but I may just resign myself to the M401, which I'm very happy with, if the shiny ones are the newer, but inferior attys.

The newer atty is the Shiny one with no holes....the older one has 4 holes. Also the batteries are different....with the newer ones having more space between the positive contact in the middle and the threads. The larger channel makes for more airflow. A lot of people don;t like the new attys but the culprit is the new batteries. The attys perform very well if you make an adjustment to the new batteries. I put a very small piece of tissue in between the middle contact and the threads...sealing off one of the holes. This stiffens up the draw a bit....just like the old m201s. Now my new adjusted m201s perform just like the older m201s.

seadooman

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
socal
The newer atty is the Shiny one with no holes....the older one has 4 holes. Also the batteries are different....with the newer ones having more space between the positive contact in the middle and the threads. The larger channel makes for more airflow. A lot of people don;t like the new attys but the culprit is the new batteries. The attys perform very well if you make an adjustment to the new batteries. I put a very small piece of tissue in between the middle contact and the threads...sealing off one of the holes. This stiffens up the draw a bit....just like the old m201s. Now my new adjusted m201s perform just like the older m201s.

Picture please!!!!!!!!:confused:

myCelia

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Northern VA

EDO, thanks for the assistance and explanation. I'm trying to picture what you mean but both my attys have one big central hole, raised, I presume, for contact with the battery. I see no other holes anywhere in or outside of the end of the atty. (Still in denial that I may need glasses)

My battery also has one central unsealed hole, as well as, two tiny holes on one side of the battery below the threads. Are these the holes you're talking about? Upon closer inspection though, the contact area of the newer atty is more shallow than the older style atty, which is a hair taller. I did try your tissue trick though and it does seem to help a bit in stiffening the draw but it's still not the same as what I've been spoiled by the older style atty.

Do you think a KR808 battery with 901/801(201) adapter might be a better alternative? I really don't want to give up on the M201. For all its new flaws, it's still a lot better than the 801, imo.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Sorry guys can't post pictures....I am not very computer savvy. If you look at the old batteries the channel around the positive contact was very slight. The middle positive contact almost touched the outer contact (the threads of the battery). The new batteries the channel is a lot bigger..and provides more airflow. The idea is to put a small tissue right behind one of the two small holes of the battery. Just wedge the tissue in there (with a needle or tweezers) between the positive contact of the battery in the middle and the threads of the battery. If you have an old m201 set you will be able to gauge how much tissue to add to make the draw just right.

However the simplest and best way to go about it is to get some 280 mah kr808d batteries and get an 901 battery to 801/m201 atty adapter from altsmoke. These batteries are great because they have a very long cutoff and aren't sensitive like the m201 batteries. Also the adapter works great with the newer m201 attys and the older ones as well. I am getting 10 vapor, 10 throat hit, and about 9 flavor using the adapter with my kr808d batteries. The adapter works great with mods as well.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Yeah....m201 attys don't work with 801 batteries. However, The threads of the m201 is exactly the same as the 801. 801 attys work with m201 batteries. The m201 batteries have the two small holes that 801 batteries don.t have....other wise they are same. The adapters for the m201s are 901 battery to m201/801 atty. So if you get the altsmoke adapter you will be able to use both m201 and 801 attys with 901/kr808d batteries.

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
Yeah....m201 attys don't work with 801 batteries. However, The threads of the m201 is exactly the same as the 801. 801 attys work with m201 batteries. The m201 batteries have the two small holes that 801 batteries don.t have....other wise they are same. The adapters for the m201s are 901 battery to m201/801 atty. So if you get the altsmoke adapter you will be able to use both m201 and 801 attys with 901/kr808d batteries.

Hi EDO.

Do you know what adapter would one need to use a m201 atty on an eGo if it's even possible. It's a 510 battery I think. So a 510 battery to m201/801 atty adapter? Come to think of it, the cover probably won't fit as the 201 atty is thicker than the 510 I think. HG are selling them with a 510 - 901/kr808d adapter. Sorry if this doesn't make sense but I'm still a newbie :confused:

I just love the size of the m201 cart and don't think I would ever go smaller.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Fabsta...that is funny that you like the size of the m201 ...most people think penstyles are way too big. If I could find a smaller atty that was in the same league as the m201 I would go with it. I have tried all types of attys and the m201 is the best for me. Back to your question....I use the m201 attys with kr808d batteries and they work really well....with the adapter from altsmoke. With your EGO you would need the 510 to M201/801 adapter from altsmoke. If you get an adapter from another supplier make sure it is m201 compatible....many suppliers sell the 510 to 801 adapters but they won't work with the m201s. As you said I don't think the Ego cover would fit over the m201 atty. I don't have an ego so I don't know if the cover is really necessary. Hope that helps.

adrianx

Jan 13, 2010
South Africa
I also got my 4-hole attys today - in black, but my automatic batteries are white! Looks a bit strange. :p

Anyway, my next order will include at least one manual battery. The automatic ones are fine, but they seem to get activated by loud music. This, I noticed while I was out partying last weekend. Good thing I had some snus in my pocket. ;)

Last edited:

Doug_Dread

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Jo'burg, South Africa
Got my new design M201 last week and WOW, easy draw, tons of vapour and as long as I keep the cart topped up, the same magic taste as my old M201. The atty doesn't have that gunk in it so no more running in for a couple of days.

The easy draw is coming from the batteries, not the atty, so putting a new batt on an old atty is the same as trying an 801 batt, draw is too easy to activate the auto batts.

However, putting an old batt on the new atty works great and stiffens up the draw back to the way it was on the old M201.

The old M201 used to heat up the juice in the cart and could be vaped until the cart was empty, the new one doesn't seem to work as well, so to get the taste and vapour back, I find myself unscrewing the batt and swinging the atty/cart to get it to centrifugal-feed. This is a bit of a draw-back (excuse the pun).

Used as is though, it's great and better than the old design. The early morning coffee and vape or the after dinner vapes with a freshly topped cart, just can't be beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread