Not open for further replies.

Jayhawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
MO/KAN USA
midwestvapor.com
Ruggz,
Are you sure that you got a 2 hole from me? All of mine are suppose to be 4 hole. Please check and get back with me. Also did you order a kit or a stand alone atomizer?

I am using 3 of my 4 hole atomizers right now and they are working great IMHO.
midwest vapor has 2 hole atomizers I just got a gold one and it rocks:D

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I emailed absolutelyecigs.com today, genuine Smoore products, and to my dismay, they only supply 4 hole atomizers now. Dammit! I mean, they're okay, but the 2 holes were monsters! I'd pay good money for some 2 holes.

The black ones have black, enamel looking paint over the brass part, otherwise 100% identical

im pretty sure smoore is the only one that makes 401 parts, so i would think they have to be the same(is there any company making compatable clones?). i still think there are just a few "bad ones" out there, and i got one of em. someone said in a post that the brass ones look different from the black ones...something to the extent that the brass ones did not have the plastic around the edges of the metal bridge or something like that, so i ordered 2 brass to see if they really are better like ive seen a few people post.

brandeeashlynn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2009
I wish they ouldnt have stopped producing the 2 hole atomisers they were awesome:cry: I just hope i can make these things works for me i have 5 more on the way and about 4 here. I also have my last 2 hole ones here ..they are still goin strong. I just hope they decide to dmake them again soon i would definetely buy more. i was thinking about getting a cheap penstyle just to sompare and use as my home only device. but myfavorite is the 401 and it will take alot for me to make as switch to something else. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jimgman

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
delaware
I don't know WHAT the hell you people are doing to your atomizers...

I'm on day 60 and have yet to have one fail and I beat the HELL out of them.

Are you guys dynamiting them?
naa, i think you just got lucky with parts. i had a 901 atomizer last me near 2 months, and its still going(just dont use it anymore). i had a good and bad performing 401 (2 hole good, 4 hole bad), and the 2 hole died last night a few hours after vaping nicely after a pepsi bath. i have no atomizers left for it, but have a few in the mail otw. I actually took great care of both of them, the one just never worked great. last night was the 2 holes first bath, i guess it didnt like it...the 4 hole had like 4 baths and kept going fine, just never worked great.

brandeeashlynn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2009
I have had my 2 hole atomisers since febuary and they are still kickin. I drip only onto them i dont waste my time with carts...they SUCK!!. Iclean them out by running them under tap water luke warm and give them a bath in iso alcohol. My 4 holes are fairly new i think i do have one that wasnt made right though the other 4 hole i have seem to works better i have 5 otw from puresmoker and another 2 from them that i still need to break in. plus another one that is getting broke in as well so i am in good stock staus along with 7 bats. I am goin to keep rotating my 2 hole though they are still kicking .... :D

jimgman

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
delaware
i just got my 2 hole from nuwaysmokes. it's a different design than the 2 hole i got from puresmoker...the bridge is larger, and it dosnt have a black ring inside the thread area on the battery side. i also got my brass 4 hole from puresmoker, and it is a different design than the black 4 holes i got from him. it has this white plastic bridge between the coil and the metal wick, and also seems to run under and support the wick, where the black 4 hole had a metal support that was not visible until i tore it apart. so far all the new ones seem good, though none of them are fully broken in, i have tested them all. if you want 2 holes, that have a larger sharper bridge than the 4 holes or 2 holes that puresmoker has, check with nuwaysmokes to see if he has more. seriously though...wtf is up with there being 4 different m401 atomizers...maybe smoore isnt the only one making them? or maybe they are constantly changing design looking to improve?

klum

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Northern California
I'm not sure if this is related, but, when I first got my pilot and extra atomizer, both 4 hole, they had tons of vapor. Actually, they still do, but, within 2 weeks on my 401 size battery, I started to have to draw much harder to get the same amount of vapor as my 402 size battery when both are fully charged. It's almost like there's not enough air getting into the holes. I also noticed that my 401 battery doesn't screw on as well to the atomizers anymore. If I screw it all the way down it seems to block the holes from getting much air. If I leave it a half turn looser, it still has a harder draw but gets the vapor. Was there some sort of gasket that I smashed?

Has anyone else had this issue?

kevin
ps: Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I would have started a new thread, but I'm not allow yet.

brandeeashlynn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2009
I was not getting alot of vapor or throat hit on my 401 atomisers. I have been using the same 2 hole atomisers since feb. So i decided to examined my 2 hole ones to see the difference in them. what i found is that they where pushed up in the tube alot and making it able to be closer to the battery which was giving them more power to produce more vapor. So decided to gently but firmly push my 4 hole atomisers up alittle bit into the tube until i felt resistance. then i decided to try them out after this slight modification, and to my suprpirse they produce just as much vapor as my 2 hole ones. I dont sugeest this if yours are working fine. i also just drip 100 percent of the time it probably will not work well with carts because they will be to far up to come in contact the the material. I was wondering if anyone else has done this. For anyone trying to this I am not liable for a dead atomiser lol. Use at your own risk:D

Doug

Apr 7, 2009
Glad I found this thread... Got my M401 this weekend and have been working on breaking it in. The first day it was terrible tasting, but I assume that's normal. Second day was better, but it isn't producing much vaper at all, even if I drip and it still isn't tasting like it should. Has anyone figured out how to fix the problem? I know it's getting hot. The juice just isn't getting in like it should. I'm about ready to send it back!

Doug

Hangar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
DOUG - who did you buy your 401 from? if you have a fresh cart and battery and yet are still not getting ok vapor then its a bad atomizer and should be returned for a new one. Apparently there are alot of bad 401 atomizers making rounds lately...try another atomizer and see if its any better. Also make sure you initially charged your battery for 12 hours.

ive been having major vapor problems with my 401/402 since buying it 10 days ago and today i finally proved that ALL 4 atomz my seller gave me were bad. I purchased newer style atomz from a neighbor of mine (thank you Spikey!) and now vapor problems are all gone...lots of vapor and i dont really even need a primer puff either. So...perhaps your supplier has sent either older poor equipment or theyre just no good. The newer ones have a more pronounced white plastic piece inside the atom, the older ones also have it but are less pronounced and harder to see.

Doug

Apr 7, 2009
Just sent a note to PureSmoker tech support and ordered 2 more atomizers. Here's hoping... I love the draw the m401 has and it seems like it should produce lots of vape, but... This is becoming an expensive habbit :shock: Where's the best place to get cheap juice with really good throat hit? I've got a bottle coming from TW, but I can't afford another order of that.

Doug

Apr 7, 2009
Quick update: I think the problem I'm having is the carts! I finally took a cart. totally apart, cleaned it and stuffed it with a little batting from my wife's sewing supplies instead of what was in it before. What a difference! Almost the perfect e-smoke. I don't know if the poly batting I used is the best thing to put in a "heated" environment, but it's got to be better than the analogs I was about to go back to (after almost 3 months). I did 4 carts and some are working better than others, but all are working better than before. New atomizers are also on their way and they may help even more. Will keep y'all posted.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread