M401 or Janty Stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiscguy

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2009
Madison, WI
So I was hoping for some advice. I am a college student and dont have a whole lot of cash flow so I really dont want to purchase both to make my desicion.

I understand that these two models (M401 and Janty Stick) are completely different not only looks, but also how they operate.

The main reason why I ask is for a few large reasons:

M401
I have heard great review after review and know that many of you use this as your main ecig.

The price is cheaper (I usually buy in bulk from ruyandirect.com so shipping levels to normal with all the supplies I buy

Janty Stick
They just came out with the 901 adapter and I have about 30 DSE901 atomizers.

Reviews are great.

Batteries are cheaper and from what ive heard, last a lot longer.

Overall I really like the design

What im looking for
My main concern is a consistent throat hit. (I purchased a 84mm and it is terrible in all regards "my opinion") Vapor production matters, but I have a DSE901 and that looks just fine to me, but wouldnt want to go any lower. Manual vs. auto really doesnt bother me, although I received my 901 manual passthrough and love it.

I have watched and read reviews on both, I would just like a little input from all of you through your own experiences especially if you own both. Appreciate you all reading this and any experiences or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

P.S. I wanted to thank all of you for answers to my questions and abundant info on this site. This has been a great transition and I have all of you to thank for that. :):):)

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I have a 401, and while I think it packs a nice punch for an e-cig its size, it's truthfully the only purchase I seriously regret. I know some love it, but I'm a heavy vaper, and so I never did enjoy fooling with the itty-bitty cartridges. An utter pain to refill. Never did like direct dripping with it, either. The one thing I haven't tried is dipping the atomizer directly into liquid, but I hear that works well.

But however you loook at it, the 401 battery isn't going to come close to competing with the JantyStick's battery life. And at about $3 for a replacement battery for the JantyStick, it's almost impossible to beat.

I have the JantyStick, and I've got the 901 adapter on order. Franklyspeaking managed to test drive the adapter (lucky dog), and he says what he's getting from the JantyStick with a 901 atomizer is comparable to his Screwdriver. Since I have a Screwdriver, too, I've got to say that I find that pretty compelling. I have yet to have a device that delivers more satisfaction and consistency than my Screwdriver. If the JantyStick with a 901 can come even close to that, then it's a winner.

So I guess that's my long-winded way of saying I'd go with the Stick and the 901 adapter. :) Plus, with that many 901 atomizers already in your stash, it almost sounds like a no-brainer. ;)

wiscguy

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2009
Madison, WI
Hopefully someone with both will chime in. I only tried an M series once so I can't speak to it. I can say that the 901 adapter for the stick is nice. I find it hard to beat a manual device. What liquid flavors & strength do you regularly use?

I mainly use Ry4, but have been quite addicted to camel and menthol lately because they deliver a nice throat hit for me. I use medium and low nic strengths and all from ruyandirect if that matters (im cheap, can you tell? lol)

The only reason im not going with the SD is due to ithe fact that I work security in a highly visible area at a hospital of all things lol. I work a lot in the childrens hospital so id rather not have the complaints. Both the M401 and stick have great portability and I can hide them easily.

Thanks and hoping for some more great opinions.

Paradiso

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
MA - USA

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
I mainly use Ry4, but have been quite addicted to camel and menthol lately because they deliver a nice throat hit for me. I use medium and low nic strengths and all from ruyandirect if that matters (im cheap, can you tell? lol)

The only reason im not going with the SD is due to ithe fact that I work security in a highly visible area at a hospital of all things lol. I work a lot in the childrens hospital so id rather not have the complaints. Both the M401 and stick have great portability and I can hide them easily.

Thanks and hoping for some more great opinions.

I love Ry4 but it lacks in the throat kick department. The 901 on the stick delivers a nice hit using the camel. I haven't tried any of the mint flavors on it.

For the record though, the SD is not as big as it seems, it is a little larger in diameter than a cigar but about the same length as a 901. I work in an office environment and have it in my shirt pocket all of the time.

They will be making more adapters for the stick so if you want good, cheap batteries and a manual switch, for the price, it is hard to beat. I don't know if they will make an M series adapter for it though.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
For the record though, the SD is not as big as it seems, it is a little larger in diameter than a cigar but about the same length as a 901. I work in an office environment and have it in my shirt pocket all of the time.

I want to ditto that. I had visions of a HUGE device, but it's really not large at all. I direct drip with my SD, and I'm so lazy that I don't even use a mouthpiece. When I put my SD next to my Stick, the SD is really about the same size (remember--I don't use a cartridge in my SD, so it'd be a bit larger than the Stick with the cartridge in it).

wiscguy

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2009
Madison, WI
Thank you all for your opinions. Unfortunately now I have moved between the SD and the Janty stick haha.

Just looked at some video user reviews and you both are in fact right. I had an idea that the SD was huge, but its really not. I even marked on a ruler so I could compare the too lol. It is longer, but I guess all the positive feedback talks for itself.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Don't you guys have a vapers club in Wisconsin? I think you do.. see when the next meeting is.. maybe you can try them all and decide for yourself? I have tried them all.. SD is a bit pricey if you are trying to save $. Maybe make a Nicostick to carry you over and then save some $ up?

I think that's a great idea. Most folks are more than happy to let other vapers try out devices they have. Frankly, it's enough money that if you can testdrive first, that's the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread