M401 vs 510 question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rav

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
New Jersey
Hey all,

Just wondering if the M401 currently looking at the one on dietsmokes called the bumble bee or scorpion compares to the 510? I just started vaping a fewe weeks ago and would like to find a good backup but since I started with the 510 which gets great reviews I don't want to be disappointed in a backup. I saw the video review by parked about the M401 and it seems to really put out some vapor. I was just wondering from people who have the M401 and if they like it? I want something that has a better battery life then the 510 so when I go out I don't need 10 batteries :( I see the M410 has good vapor production but wasn't sure about the throat hit. I wasn't sure if I should also just wait for some of the new items to hit the market like the Janty Stick.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
I don't really compare my ecigs. I have different one that work better for different times. My M201 is great for long road trips. It's large cartridge holds a lot of liquid so I don't have to top it off while driving. My M401 is little and discreet. Great for vaping without drawing too much attention. I can hold my 901 and be vaping hands free. My 510 is good for just relaxing with a good vape. None of these are perfect all the time but they are all very good. I know I really didn't answer you question. I think we all carry lots of batteries if we vape a lot.

howard

May 11, 2009
New York
I own both.

I don't have a preference between the two. I've found that the M401 Red Edition(which I bought from DietSmokes.com) delivers a pretty good throat hit, depending on the e-liquid your using. I'm guessing if you use either PG or VG to cut your liquid, it might provide an even bigger vapor + throat hit. I don't use anything other than the liquids themselves.

Keep in mind though that the M401 has a cut-off(after 7 seconds, I think). I didn't find this a problem because I hardly ever reach that cut-off point, although others might find this a minor problem.

Overall, I've found the performance of the M401 pretty close to par with the 510, although there are some minor things that are different. IMHO, I think the M401 takes slightly less time to charge but battery life isn't as long. The length of the M401 & 510 are pretty close, but the 510 is slightly thicker.

The M410 is pretty close to what I remember of the analogs(size 100s').

It's a tough choice to make, but for me personally I'm quite happy with the performance of the two. I've been alternating between them with different flavors. Hope this helps, at least a little.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I have the Pilot (401 from PureSmoker) as well as the Dura-C (510 from Janty). Honestly, I'm not in love with the 401. Oh, it produces an impressive amount of vapor for its size, and the batteries last much longer than my Dura-C, but I just don't like dealing with the cartridges on the 401.

The cartridge for the 401 is teeny-tiny, and I have yet to be able to refill or top it off efficiently. I know lots of folks direct drip with their 401, which is fairly easy with the exposed atomizer. However, I just don't like to direct drip with devices where the batteries aren't sealed. But that's just me. :oops:

My personal recommendation is that if you don't mind stepping away from the more traditional looking e-cigs, you might want to seriously consider one of the newer devices coming out, like the JantyStick or the Prodigy. Both will have longer battery lives than the 510. I've decided that the smaller size of the JantyStick, as well as its completely different design, is a better fit for what I'm looking for right now, but I have to admit that the Prodigy looks way cool--lots of versatility. :)

Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose to do.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I have both. The 510 produces more vapor and throat hit and better taste. I would definitely get the 401 over the 510...since they are far more reliable. The 401 atomizer last a very long time. You can very easily drip with the 401. With the 510 it seems like it chokes every time you drip. The large capacity cart on the 510 is useless since it burns the liquid so fast that you'll have to top off every other hit. A brand new fully charged battery lasts me an hour tops. It is very hard to hold...since I have large hands. Again the 510 produces more vapor and better taste but it is a very frustrating ecig to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread