m401 refilling carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
When I refill my carts I get a really hard draw. I think I am pushing the cup too far in. So I set the cup in the cart and use the atty bridge to correctly place it in the cart. I am getting a much better draw now. My question is does that make the cart too far on the bridge of the atty or not. Am I going to burn my BF? Should I push the cup just hair farther? I am familiar with these type of carts I have been using a Blu for quite a while now. I never had to use the atty to position the cup on my Blu, So this is kinda new to me but not really. I also can't beleive how much vapor this little 403 puts out.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Flb, yes the 403 is an amazing little device! An easy way top push the cup down is to use one of the rubber caps that come w/ the carts. I don't think it would be easy to push the cup (I call it a bucket) down to far. There are some ridges to stop it. But? maybe those ridges are out of place?

Do you have the carts like come w/ a Smoore M series starter kits? Oh, do you know about the XL carts? This 401/2/3 section is a good place to read up on 40x stuff. My pin trick for juicing up a cart is here somewhere. I also said there to use that rubber cap.

Hope this helps.
Joe

Oh, burn your BF???

Last edited:

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
Tried the rubber cap it works great. I dont know why i did not think of that. I am still getting a really had draw sometimes. My atty the whole gold part gets really hot from just one draw. It almost melts the outer cart. I think I can fix that... cartomizers. I have been reading up on the 401 models and hope that when I get it all modded up and a PCC that I will like it. Right now I am loving my Blu with cartos gives better flavor than the 401. I am hoping 401 with cartos will give an easier draw. thanks for the help.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Glad that worked! Your 40x atty gets that hot after on draw? And, hard draw... somethings wrong. I have had a hard draw fron older attys that needed cleaning, Hmm. You might try rinsing the atty in hot water and blowing it out real good. Just blow from both directions. Then put two drops of juice on the bridge and hook it back up. There is a dry burn thing but I would hate for you to try that w/o reading up a bit. Do you have another atty?

Carto, better flavor, not my cartos. They work fine but don't beat the 40x for flavor. Is the Blue a 808?
Joe

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
The blu is a l88b super mini also. I have dry burned many atty's and never had an issue with popping them. I still have a very hard draw but I think it is improving with use. I think a carto will help with the too hot problem. I am also getting a 401 to510 adapter so all of my equipment will be interchangeable. I like to know that no matter whAt may happen all my stuff is compatible so all atty's fit all batts. I will keep breaking in this atty and hopefully the draw will improve.

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
The cartos are e2 no filler for 401 and I got them at liberty flights. Now I bet I will go to order some more in a few weeks and they will be outta stock right (lol). L88 is the same as a volcano and blu the flavor is the best I have had even with 306 cartos the flavor on my blu is better than my 510 or 403. The l88 is the same size as the 402 but a little bit thinner i think like a 306(which are compatible) and they have a 510 threading which makes it nice to be able to interchange parts. Anyways, the cartos seem to be working good and they are a little longer than a stock 401 cart. They are not megas though. They have a little looser draw than my atty's do. They also seem to stay a little cooler than the atty/carts do.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Thanks Flb! Those are the newest thing out. Good to hear they work good. Not many folks read this 401 section so you will prob be able to get more e2's when you need them.

Thanks for the info about the l88's. I thought the 306 was wider than a 401 but I thought it did have the 510 threading and was about the same width. Hmm?
joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread