M601 questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Anybody out there using this 601XL atty on a full powered MOD? Is it low enough resistance to produce decent hits with relatively short drags? Does it wick liquid fast enough to keep up? How's atty life compared to a Joye510?

What is the resistance in ohms of the M601/XL atomizer?

Also, I'd like to know what voltage the M601 battery provides. I know it's got a 3.7v li-ion cell, but am curious about what voltage is provided at battery terminal. The m40x batts are regulated down in voltage to around 2.9v unloaded, similarly a Joye510 battery provides about 3.1v. What is the actual voltage output of the M601 battery? Just wondering what type of voltage the atty was designed to be used with.

I started with M401 hardware and really appreciate the quality of Smoore's product. Those little attys perform well and with proper maintenance continue to do so for a good long while. And all of the M401 stuff I've purchased is consistently of good quality. But I've since moved on to larger more powerful devices (larger liquid capacity, higher powered batteries/atty pairings). I typcially use lower resistance attys (2ohms) on an unregulated 3.7v battery MOD. Today, it's a LR801 with a big 1ml cart full of liquid.

So I'm wondering if there's a place for the M601XL atty in my hardware lineup as a reliable long lasting decent performing atty? Since the M401 is designed for use on such a low voltage battery (2.9v), it really kicks when put on a full 3.7v device... but it doesn't wick liquid fast enough and the carts are waaaay too small for me.

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
From my experience, I would say the M601XL (or M301 as it is otherwise called) maybe don't last as long as a 510 atomizer before giving up the ghost, but they don't seem to have the same drop-off of vapour production that the 510 has (after about a week or so)...
And the flavour quality seems to stay much more consistent too...

The resistance of the M301 and M601 atomisers is 2.6 ohms approx.

Think maybe you need an electrician to answer some of your other questions? ;)

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
From my experience, I would say the M601XL (or M301 as it is otherwise called) maybe don't last as long as a 510 atomizer before giving up the ghost, but they don't seem to have the same drop-off of vapour production that the 510 has (after about a week or so)...
And the flavour quality seems to stay much more consistent too...

The resistance of the M301 and M601 atomisers is 2.6 ohms approx.

Think maybe you need an electrician to answer some of your other questions? ;)

Thnx... 2.6 tells me a lot of what I wanted to know! Also encouraging to hear that they don't fall off in performance (vapor or flavor) as quickly as the 510s do. I'm well stocked with attys for now, but I'll definitely keep these in mind as a replacement for std 510s.

BTW, I'm glad you refer to them as M301s instead of M601XLs. Smoore's product line is confusing enough already ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread