Made an impulse purchase and am now lost again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezarel

Nov 5, 2010
UK
Hi all.
Just want to start by saying thank you so much to everyone here. Iv been a non smoker for a month now since finding this website and getting a glimpse into how to smoke without killing myself. My future wife also thanks you as now she never has to made those horrid fake coughs when I get into bed because I stink of ciggys.

I whent out and made a bit of an impulse purchase. I baught the Icig that has been discussed here on the forums and its just not for me. I have been researching for about a week but i am still confused on all these 510 styles.

I feel like a .... for asking but I know what i want but im just looking for some advice. SO here is my list in order on importance high to lower

• PCC (rechargeable pack)
  • ability to fill my own cartridges
  • cost (low rather than high)
  • life of the atomizer
  • bite
  • mods
  • I like the ones that look the same as an analogue (not necessarily colours but shape and size).

Hope I don't come across as lazy here. I have looked into it but I'm just so confused and cant really afford to be at home to Mr .... up again.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction for a UK buyer who loves not killing himself with the filthy weed.

Regards
Joe Cummins

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Exactly which model did you purchase and what about it do you not like?
Atomizers do not have a set life span. Depends on the e-liquid you use, how long is each puff you take and your vaping sessions/habits. All of these have a lot to do with how long an atomizer will last.

Looks like an 801? Lot's of flavor, a cooler vape and slower to wick.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I will look into the Icig for you. But here is what to do, in my view. But the Riva 510 from Liberty Flights for $30 after the 20% ECF discount. Best deal ever.

Let me look what Icig is for you... brb.

Looks like from what he bought and what he is looking for, you have him covered. Cept he is in the UK. Need to find him a UK site to purchase from.

Here is one: http://www.joye510.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25&products_id=49
Lisa has them also: http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epage...ectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/RIVA51-B

Last edited:

Jezarel

Nov 5, 2010
UK
Wow you guys move like the wind. Its 2am here but day of the dead is on so Im willing to stay up :).

Here is a link for the Icig.

Its a good little thing but the cost was high. It seems to give two or three hits then the bite dissapears. The massive thing for me is the charge pack. Im in uni all day as i travel up so that a 10 hour day 5 days a week.

Will that discount work if i order from the uk side of Liberty Flights.

Regards
Joe

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
That is definately not what I pulled up!
The ego/Riva is a great little battery, should get many more hours per battery charge and a better bite.

When I looked, this is what I pulled up: http://icig.net/

The only listed coupon I found on the master coupon list is this :http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk (free shipping on batteries and atomizer, $9.99 max worldwide shipping) e-savuke.com 10% off or ECF 10% off
Here is the link: http://vapezone.com/blog.php?b=1

Last edited:

GIOVANNI

Oct 24, 2010
Maine
I know you said something about you like the the style of your e cig to look close to an analogue but I was in that same boat 3 weeks ago. I work long days and I had an issue w/ my batt allways needing a charge, that is untill I found the GLV2 from Great lakes vapor. Its a bit bigger but lasts all day with the same TH in the morning as it is before I go to bed on one full charge. With addapters you can use just about any cart or atty you want. Just a thought. Hope I diddnt confuse you, I dont even know if he ships to UK but you can check out his sight. Good luck.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I like the bite. I used to be a roll up smoker so the hit is quite important. I am so poor at the moment though. Especialy seeing as the PCC would be a requirement.

Regards
Joe

Not sure when you purchased your Icig, it looks to have a return policy. Maybe get a refund-if not that would be ok, the 306 atomizer will work on a Riva/Ego-they have the same threads. With the Ego/Riva most people can make it a full 8-10 hours of regular vaping. Not heavy vaping. If you took 2 batteries with you and when you got home, put one on the charger and before bed charged the 2 one you would be good to go for the next day. As funds provided the next month or so, upgrade one battery to a 900 or higher mAh. The mAh of the battery is charge time, the higher that number the more hours of charge it will hold.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Hmmm... looked at the pics. It is maybe a 4081. Not sure. If you notice the cartomizer is a male and the battery is a female. Therefore, the probability is two (only because of what is sold on most mass market efforts) - it is either a 4081 or an M401. My guess is a 4081 but the picture is a bit too small to know for sure.

Edit: Opps, the M401 has a male battery. My old brain forgot for a moment. Therefore, I am almost certain this is a 4081.

Last edited:

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
If it is a 4081 no chance matching up with a 510 unless adapter. Buy a RIVA 510 for $30 from Liberty Flights with 20% discount and use both. Simple as that. Silly to buy an adapter for that because the batteries do not last long enough to warrant it.

If a 4081, which I believe it is, it is ok. If you smoke over 1 pack a day you will not be satisfied with it. I own 2 4081's including a Smokestik - I know. It isn't strong enough. If a light smoker, might be ok.

Last edited:

Jezarel

Nov 5, 2010
UK
Hey all. Thanks for your help. I did a look around and a friend of mine has just bought a ego. He just text me and told me its the best one hes ever had and if I dont buy one Im a fool :). He has a way with words. Sorry I didnt reply eairler but I didtn relise we were on page 2.

I cant return the item as it has been used. Which is a shame.

In the end I think the ego will do me well, big batt, refillable carts and a good hit.

Thanks for all your help guys and happy vaping.

Jezarel

Nov 5, 2010
UK
So I just got my EGO and all I can say is WTF. Excuse my language. But this thing is a smoke factory. Iv never experienced anything like it. I all so got a free 10ml of cappuccino juice and that has just blown my mind. Cheers guys for a great referral this machine is amazing. Time to do some modding me thinks. As I got 2 units with it, it would be wrong not to.

Regards
Jez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread