The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Made in China vs USA

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by DarwinUser, Mar 2, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DarwinUser

DarwinUser Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2011
    New York
    When it comes to e-cigarette products, is Made in USA actually better than Made in China?
    Being an American, that's is my initial reaction, but when I think about it, maybe that is not necessarily the case. First of all, China invented the product, which implies that they have had longer time to market and improve them. Second, most e-cigarette-related manufacturing companies tend to be relatively small due to regulations and what not preventing larger companies from entering the market (maybe they're playing the waiting game?). However, I guess we tend to take for granted that USA-produced products use parts/ingredients that are fairly well regulated for safety reasons, so that may favor USA products.

What do you think? Also, how large a factor does general impressions of USA/Chinese products impact the e-cigarette products?

2. n2xe

n2xe Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Owego, NY
    The most important parts are all made in China- batteries and atomizers. None are of US origin.

3. AttyPops

AttyPops Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Off the top of my head:

Hardware: US quality would be better, but 5 times more expensive. Irrelevant since it's all Chinese anyway. Still must give em credit for doing it. Could be a bit more robust, with better quality control. OTOH for the mod market... USA rocks. (yes....others are good too)

Software (e-Juice): USA all the way. The FDA is using [found] contaminants as an excuse to ban e-cigs due to the lack of quality control in China.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.