Made my 1st eliquid tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan73fbl

Dec 14, 2017
Hey everyone..its Bryan in Florida and im new to diy eliquid..and here to pay attention..made my first couple bottles tonight..i know i have alot to learn..so thats why im here..overall i am very happy with the outcome..its just a lil harsh but not near as harsh as some of the vapewyld juices ive bought in the past..but im here getting tips on how to make it smoother with less bite and make the flavors pop a lil more..and to learn all i can..so thanks everyone for sharing your kindness and knowledge!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Steeping will help smooth out many juices. I use ethyl maltol to smooth out many of my juices. I use it in the crystal form and add just a pinch because a little goes a long way. It works great with tobacco juices, which is all I mix/vape, but can be used in all flavors to smooth, meld, and sweeten a juice up, in that order.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey everyone..its Bryan in Florida and im new to diy eliquid..and here to pay attention..made my first couple bottles tonight..i know i have alot to learn..so thats why im here..overall i am very happy with the outcome..its just a lil harsh but not near as harsh as some of the vapewyld juices ive bought in the past..but im here getting tips on how to make it smoother with less bite and make the flavors pop a lil more..and to learn all i can..so thanks everyone for sharing your kindness and knowledge!

Hi Bryan. Welcome to the ECF.

DIY isn't Hard. All it takes is Practice and a degree of Patience.

And above All else, the Key to DIY is Keeping Detailed and Accurate Notes on Everything you Do.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Bryan73fbl

Dec 14, 2017
Welcome to ECF and congrats on making your first flavors. If they are harsh they may need a little steeping time depending on what you are using. What were your first flavors and how did you mix them?

Anna
Hey :) and thank you for the warm welcome.. i made a 6mg 70/30 using mostly Pear tpa..then a lil ripe strawberry tpa..dragonfruit tpa..then small amout of cantaloupe tpa and kiwi tpa..i also ordered some EM after reading alot of what people were saying about and im gonna get some white vinegar later..but i made lastnight n was kinda harsh..this morning it was a lil smoother..im not gonna touch it anymore til it steeps and i breathe it some..made add a lil EM once it arrives if needed..:)

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Bryan73fbl

Dec 14, 2017
Hello Bryan. Welcome to the family.
Tell us what flavors you're using, include brand please. Also what nic and pg levels you are using. Just letting a new mix sit overnight will smooth it out.
Hey and thank you... made a 6mg 70/30 using mostly Pear tpa..then a lil ripe strawberry tpa..dragonfruit tpa..then small amout of cantaloupe tpa and kiwi tpa..i also ordered some EM after reading alot ofwhat people were saying about and im gonnaget some white vinegar later..but i madelastnight n was kinda harsh..yes you are definitely right this morning it was smoother than lastnight..im not gonna touch it anymore tilit steeps and i breathe it some..made add a lil EM once it arrives if needed..:)

Bryan73fbl

Dec 14, 2017
Hello Bryan. Welcome to the family.
Tell us what flavors you're using, include brand please. Also what nic and pg levels you are using. Just letting a new mix sit overnight will smooth it out.
Oh and i also made a blueberry pineapple one but i havnt tried it yet..its been sitting all night n day..when i get off work later ill give it a shot n see

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hey and thank you... made a 6mg 70/30 using mostly Pear tpa..then a lil ripe strawberry tpa..dragonfruit tpa..then small amout of cantaloupe tpa and kiwi tpa..i also ordered some EM after reading alot ofwhat people were saying about and im gonnaget some white vinegar later..but i madelastnight n was kinda harsh..yes you are definitely right this morning it was smoother than lastnight..im not gonna touch it anymore tilit steeps and i breathe it some..made add a lil EM once it arrives if needed..:)
I'd skip the em and add .5-1% cream, meringue, or marshmallow instead. Would soften the edge without affecting flavor in small amounts. EM has a learning curve to it. Can easily mute flavors. Wait until you are a little more experienced before using it. I use a lot of citrus in my mixes and have found I don't need em.

Bryan73fbl

Dec 14, 2017
Steeping will help smooth out many juices. I use ethyl maltol to smooth out many of my juices. I use it in the crystal form and add just a pinch because a little goes a long way. It works great with tobacco juices, which is all I mix/vape, but can be used in all flavors to smooth, meld, and sweeten a juice up, in that order.
Awesome thx..yeh i ordered some lastnight..cant wait to get it..i didnt get in crystal form..next time i order i will..i just got a 30ml bottle dissolved in the pg

Reactions: stols001

Bryan73fbl

Dec 14, 2017
I'd skip the em and add .5-1% cream, meringue, or marshmallow instead. Would soften the edge without affecting flavor in small amounts. EM has a learning curve to it. Can easily mute flavors. Wait until you are a little more experienced before using it. I use a lot of citrus in my mixes and have found I don't need em.
Awesome..your such a good teacher! Lol thx ..takin notes here..i should probably place an apple on your desk..lol thx

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Awesome..your such a good teacher! Lol thx ..takin notes here..i should probably place an apple on your desk..lol thx
I'm new to diy too. Just passing on what I've learned. I don't like marshmallow but listened and trusted the guru's. Works at low percentage and you taste no marshmallow. TPA vanilla swirl is another good staple to have.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Welcome to the forum. Spend some time in here DIY E-Liquid lots of great info. IMO EM is best used in tobaccos to round out high flavor notes but given time will eventually mute all flavor notes. I didn't see the %'s of flavoring you used, may have missed it but too high flavor % can be a bit harsh.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Hey and thank you... made a 6mg 70/30 using mostly Pear tpa..then a lil ripe strawberry tpa..dragonfruit tpa..then small amout of cantaloupe tpa and kiwi tpa..

What percentage did you use the tpa Pear at? I find it quite harsh above low percentages until it has steeped for quite a while.

One thing you might find useful is making up small test batches of individual flavors at varying percentages (you can get an idea of what reasonable starting points are from recipe databases like this one: (TPA) Pear .) Then try them when they are fresh, after a day, after three days, after a week, and then occasionally after that to see how they steep.

That way when you taste a recipe you’ll have a pretty good idea what’s causing what in it.

Bryan73fbl

Dec 14, 2017
What percentage did you use the tpa Pear at? I find it quite harsh above low percentages until it has steeped for quite a while.

One thing you might find useful is making up small test batches of individual flavors at varying percentages (you can get an idea of what reasonable starting points are from recipe databases like this one: (TPA) Pear .) Then try them when they are fresh, after a day, after three days, after a week, and then occasionally after that to see how they steep.

That way when you taste a recipe you’ll have a pretty good idea what’s causing what in it.
The first batch i made 10ml..and i had 12 drops pear..6 drops ripe strawberry..6 drops dragonfruit..6 drops cantaloupe..5 drops kiwi..that was befor i started calculating the flavor into the calculator..i just did the math in my head on the drops..so total that would be..what like half a gram in weight? Something like that..so one third of the total flavoring was pear..so like .3% of the 10ml was pear..i think lol

Bryan73fbl

Dec 14, 2017

Maybe the total flavoring was more than half gram ..more like 3/4 gram so that would bring that percentage of pear up just a lil more than

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread