Made my first clapton wire :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
I know this isn't terribly earth-shattering.
Using my new Daedalus Pro I made a single core 28 gauge with a 36 gauge Clapton.
I made 3 feet of it.
I intend to build some 3 mil i d 5 wrap coils to use in my Griffin 25 plus, I hope that using this lower Mass coil that I won't have as much Brown sludge leaking out the juice slots on the rta. People have said that I shouldn't worry about it that it is liquid that is just caramelized a little bit but to me it's very disturbing to see and hopefully these new coils I am making will work better.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I know this isn't terribly earth-shattering.
Using my new Daedalus Pro I made a single core 28 gauge with a 36 gauge Clapton.
I made 3 feet of it.
I intend to build some 3 mil i d 5 wrap coils to use in my Griffin 25 plus, I hope that using this lower Mass coil that I won't have as much Brown sludge leaking out the juice slots on the rta. People have said that I shouldn't worry about it that it is liquid that is just caramelized a little bit but to me it's very disturbing to see and hopefully these new coils I am making will work better.

Way to go Steve.

Making Clapton Wire can sometimes be Harder than it looks. Especially when using Higher Gauges like you did.

:thumb:

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
I finally got some free time and made some coils for my Griffin 25 plus 5 wraps came to a resistance of .77 .
I had to reduce my wattage by a lot down to 18 Watts to get a comfortable temperature Vape for me Vapor production is a little less but not by much and I I'm not sure if I'm imagining this but I think I get better flavor then with the larger higher Mass coils I was using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread