Madvapes Dekang USA Mix Recreation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani1226

Apr 23, 2011
Louisiana
I'm sure it's not a very popular e-liquid since it has a really subtle taste... but I was wondering if anyone had tried to recreate it? >.<

My taste buds are super picky... *sigh* much to my chagrin... Everything tastes 10 times as sweet to me... the USA mix tastes sweet, even though it's supposed to be a tobacco mix... but it's a good sweet... not nauseating like some of the sweets... :(

I've only tried 7 e-liquids to date...

I got a 6pk sample from Vapors Etc... just want to mention the service was great :D nothing against them at all!

I got:

RY5
Coffee
Virginia
Black Tea
Cheesecake

Was trying to stay away from sweet flavors because I've never been a fan of sweet stuff... even of the edible variety >.<

No success with any of them... the sweetness turned my stomach with the 555, RY5, Virginia, and Cheesecake... the Black Tea tasted like I was vaping perfume... the coffee was tolerable...

I also got a bottle of Backwoods Brew - Casablanca... this one was overwhelmingly licorice flavored to me...

I know it's just me because I have seen so many raves and good things about these... Especially the Casablanca... I just register flavors differently, I guess... *saddest face ever*

It seems I won't be able to enjoy all the wonderful assortment of variations of e-liquids that are out there... so I need to start concocting my own, I suppose... which will be just as fun... and cost effective :D

Was just wondering if anyone had ever come close or even tried recreating this liquid... Also, I'm still fairly new so maybe it's similar to other different brand names of e-liquids that I might not know about? I know I was pointed in the USA mix direction because I wanted something similar to the prefilled cartridges I was getting from Smoketip.com... also a good company, it's just a better deal to buy the liquids and fill yourself :)

So... any suggestions??? :laugh:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Yep, first start with Flavour Art's Maxboro Ultimate. You can get small sizes to experiment with at Pure Vapes

You might need to spice that, so add the following to your tastes:
Burley
Virginia

Maybe some Perique Black?

But Maxboro is your best starting point.

If that is sweet to you, I guarantee that Burley can't be confused for sweet.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I wish I could get it bang on but I can't exactly. FA's Maxboro is that type of flavour although to me it is not identical to Dekang USA Mix. But it's a well balanced flavour, I like this in it's own right. You might have to experiment a bit. A good flavour to have IMO is TPA's DK Tobacco Base, which I think is useful to give a nutty background taste to tobacco's which is familiar in many of the Dekang tobacco's (I'm not a fan of this flavour on its own, but it combines with other flavours well).

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Yep, first start with Flavour Art's Maxboro Ultimate. You can get small sizes to experiment with at Pure Vapes

Burley
Virginia

I'm not finding Maxboro on the product list at Pure Vapes or OSDIY. Did the name change to Maxxblend maybe?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I'm not finding Maxboro on the product list at Pure Vapes or OSDIY. Did the name change to Maxxblend maybe?

No idea. I have a few dozen ml's of it sitting in my stash, I haven't had to find out.

I see the FlavourArt site lists Maxx-Blend is from the Ultimate project, whatever the heck that is... Ahhh, found it: "Dear vaued customers Due to name property rights, we have been advised to change the name for our Maxborro flavor. From now on it will be sold as 'Maxx-Blend' We require all current resellers to act accordingly." (misspellings and poor punctuation from the original)

So, yes, that is the new name.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com

Burley
Virginia

Thanks for the Pure Vapes link. Great prices. Paid double for Vape Wizard elsewhere. And excited to try Maxxblend. Appreciate the help.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Have you tried Morley by Want2Vape? Do you get a Maxxblend type flavor? I'm digging Morley and their RY4.

I'm finally heeding Hoosier's advice... making my first tobacco willy-nilly without following a recipe.
Trying 2% Maxxblend + 1% Perique in 70/30 5ml. Hoping for something not too sweet. Pretty wild, right? Thanks for all the help. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread