Status
Not open for further replies.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Nice little mod. Good to see you around again.
Thanks Thy. I've been doing more modding than posting lately.

That's outstanding.. I never would have thought to put the switch there but it's a terrific spot. The whole mod is terrific!

hoog

Thanks hoog. The switch does fit perfectly in that spot. I'm a little surprised that the switch holds up since it is being used at way beyond its rating, but I haven't had one fail yet.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
The switch comment made me go back and look over the tutorial again. Now I have 2 questions…

1) Seems a thumb switch should be near your thumb so does the pinky switch as you've made really work? As in not odd to push or weird to hold?

2) I was puzzled when I looked last time, paid extra attention to the pics this time to make sure I didn't miss anything. I understand how pressing on the bottle will make juice squirt out the end of the brass tube. I understand that you're replaced the center connector 'nipple' with the brass tube in the threaded atomizer connector. What I don't understand is a) how do you get an atomizer to thread on and b) how does the juice get to the 'other' side of the atomizer, that is away from thread side and into cartridge side where the filler material normally is?

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
1) Some people prefer the pinky switch. I've tried it, not for me.

2) the center connector is still there, the brass tube runs through it.
a) slide the atomiser onto the tube and screw it in as usual.
b) The atomiser has a hole that runs straight up to the coil which is where the feed tube goes. The tube, in turn, feeds juice directly to the coil where it's vaporised.

3) that was 3 questions..lol

4) I'm originally from Latham, NY where I hope to be moving back to as soon as funds allow.

5) More answers than you expected but I hope it helps!

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Kewl, bonus answers ;)

And thanks. I knew there was probably something simple or obvious I overlooked. In this case it wasn't overlooked so much as just didn't know about. Makes sense that the hole goes all the way thru since the air to inhale has to pass through the atomizer but I never saw a cross section or opened one up.

And I'll ask a fourth question:
Since the juice is going directly to the atomizer I take it that you don't need or is it don't want a cartridge but instead use an empty cart?

And a bonus question:
Can this sort of thing be done with the DSE901 or DSE801? I know the gender (figure that's a bigger difference than threads and diameter) is different.

Enjoy your move if/when you do, its a nice enough place to live around here.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
To answer the fourth question: You are correct in your assesment. An empty cart or drip tip would all that you'd need/want.

Bonus question: Now thats a good one. I'm 90% sure the 901 and 801's would be pretty much the same internally as a 510. I, myself, have not yet killed/sacrificed either of those atty's to the Dremel gods as of yet to see the internals are in fact the same. I imagine the biggest difference would be the length of tubing needed to reach the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread