Magma and Origen v2 by Infinite ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aydinpr

Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Southlake, TX, USA
It's because the Magma is designed as a bottom air-fed dripper. You need to build your coils so that they sit right on top of the two air holes (on the sides, between the two posts)

Though I like the flavor better in the Origen, I'm enjoying the Magma more due to it's massive airflow with the largest airholes, but the one thing that bugs me is that the Magma will leak a little ejuice out of the airholes if you try to fill it too much or too quickly directly from the drip tip. The Origen seems to be a little more forgiving in that dept.

I'm going to try playing around with my coil width and wick setup to see if I can stop this as I don't like unscrewing the topcap to refill it.

Retro68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Los Alamos, NM USA
I have the origen v2 at the moment. Do you guys think the magma is worth it if I already have the origen v2?

Imo, unless you like "fiddly" things, no. It vapes well, but tbh I regret buying it instead of the Origen v2. As aydinpr it leaks down from the deck and out the airhole of you drip through the drip tip hole, knock it over, or tip it too far while vaping. I have other reasons, but for me being partially disabled on my right side, it wasnt as good a choice for me.

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
I can imagine how it may happened, but personally I never had issues with leaking, just on the first time when I fill it too fast, but right now I fill about 10 drips and waiting about 1 seconds between drops, and it soaks that well enough not to leak.
I guess it's also depend on the wicks setup inside.

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
Imo, unless you like "fiddly" things, no. It vapes well, but tbh I regret buying it instead of the Origen v2. As aydinpr it leaks down from the deck and out the airhole of you drip through the drip tip hole, knock it over, or tip it too far while vaping. I have other reasons, but for me being partially disabled on my right side, it wasnt as good a choice for me.

my origen v2 leaks as well if you tilt it or anything, i guess its just the nature of dripping. I actually believe that the origen v2 is way more fiddly than the magma. Even though I dont own a magma, I can tell you that because the origen is made for vertical coils, anything else you try building will be a pain in the ..... I love my origen, but kind of wish it held more juice.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I just ordered a Magma v2 infinite clone on eBay for about $32 shipped. I have a couple of rba's and a bunch of supplies, but I never really got into rebuilding mostly because I find it a hassle and I've ran into a bunch of little annoyances. I'm hoping this atomizer will be a little more forgiving. I also checked out the Origen which I have never seen before and it is an interesting looking setup inside. Can someone explain the purpose of the middle post and why one might prefer this over your typical style rba? I need easy and I use my Igo-S a lot and I find my Kayfun a little more daunting to get perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
^middle post is your positive post. It's really easy to build on origen...I hate the need for the hex/Allen wrench for common contacts..don't need it for rewicking though. :)

The magma is easy too, but you need to at least trim one leg a bit shorter than the other to get coil set easily. I typically take my top cap off with the higher volume drippers.. the magma takes some attention to drip with just removing tip.. haven't tried with a wide bore. The stock tip seems to allow condensation to develop and get in your mouth also..

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
So the middle posts purpose is for ease and not some other reason? I want to try the Origen but I will probably wait till I get my magma and see how much I like it.

Edit: omg I'm slow tonight... right.. center post. It's just the vertical design that I haven't seen... or is that more of a vertical coil setup rather than the way it's intended for?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I have both the Authentic Magma and Infinite clone. They are really really close. Infinite did a great job replicating it! As for any leaking, if filled properly, this is a non issue! I take the top cap off after every 15 to 20 pulls and fill the wells, the thing is incredible. If one insists filling from the top-cap, tilt the RDA to drip into the wells, as direct dripping is not for this atty.

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
God every youtuber is giving the magma clone rave reviews......... so I just had to get one.

Just purchased.....I told myself last week no more buying. But I really have a weakspot for drippers with large capacity wells since drippers are my all day device.

Should be here in a few days, I will post a comparison review against my origen v2

Retro68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Los Alamos, NM USA
I suggest you replace the coil screws when you get it, that slotted style is wretched. I used a couple of screws from an SSD bracket (I thot they were aga-t2 deck screws, however I discovered I was wrong, how they got in my e-cig junkbox, I will never know lol). Its a good rda, but for some reason its fiddly for me to get it stable. Once it is, its great.

Last edited:

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
I suggest you replace the coil screws when you get it, that slotted style is wretched. I used a couple of screws from an SSD bracket (I thot they were aga-t2 deck screws, however I discovered I was wrong, how they got in my e-cig junkbox, I will never know lol). Its a good rda, but for some reason its fiddly for me to get it stable. Once it is, its great.

would you happen to know the size of the screws by anychance? Mine just came in and it looks great.. HOWEVER one of the flathead screws doesnt even have a flat head so I cant even build it lol. Its literally just a piece of metal with no notch on either side. none of my other rda screws fit so im getting a bit annoyed atm.

I also want to ask.. for any of you who have this. When you draw, does the magma sound really bad to you? My deck airhole holes are cut really small, def smaller than the largest airhole you can choose on the airflow control ring.

Im not getting whistling, but when I draw it just sounds like a loud WHOOOOOOOOOOSH. Where as my origen v2 is dead silent.

And is the 510 connection supposed to be this long? I cant even use it with my hybrid adapters.

Im really not a fan right now of this.

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
would you happen to know the size of the screws by anychance? Mine just came in and it looks great.. HOWEVER one of the flathead screws doesnt even have a flat head so I cant even build it lol. Its literally just a piece of metal with no notch on either side. none of my other rda screws fit so im getting a bit annoyed atm.

I also want to ask.. for any of you who have this. When you draw, does the magma sound really bad to you? My deck airhole holes are cut really small, def smaller than the largest airhole you can choose on the airflow control ring.

Im not getting whistling, but when I draw it just sounds like a loud WHOOOOOOOOOOSH. Where as my origen v2 is dead silent.

And is the 510 connection supposed to be this long? I cant even use it with my hybrid adapters.

Im really not a fan right now of this.

I don't have an answer to your problem, Sorry, but (because I plan to buy one this week) where did you get it? I've got my eye on a clone from 101vape.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
ga7yhumy.jpg

I got two magmas a while ago.. seems to be at least two months of having them.... from someone on calivapers. I just noticed that this little hole popped up. Don't know what could've caused this..

Edit- after I took picture I wiped it off.:)..lol only the huge spot is a hole.. it seems to be all the way through base.:/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread