Status
Not open for further replies.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
Volcano Fine Electronic Cigarette Atomizer

While I thought this was a promising atomzier was impressed and yet slightly disappointed. I really thought this was the atomizer perfect for most long drag vapor production performance. The problem naturally started occurring when I noticed these are a "Wick" designed where you use them to a certain extent and they die out on you only leading you to buy more...

Um yeah I don't like that. Another issue is the gold tint plating getting slightly peeled off over time or needs to be screwed in tightly for the thing to work. Paint design got chipped offer with proper care and protection, again, a car paint design that is easily chipped off.

The only good thing I like about it is it works instantly and fairly strong of a vape. Other than that, didn't last no more than a month. I consider it more of a drip-n-go sort of vapor but has a hard time absorbing the juice from the cartiges. The long last atomizer so far stands with litecigusa and vapor king still meets the satisfactory than with magma. Might be low resistant but at least the products sold from them is still passable and sustainable.

Anyways, here are the statistics:

Vapor: 5/5
Throat hit performance: 5/5
Product manufactured: 1/5
Material: 1/5
Design: 4/5
Satisfactory over all: 2/5 C+

Jim K.

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Michigan
I havent had any problems whatsoever with the Magma 510s. I've ordered 10 of them from volcano, and none of them have had any issues. I've been using the very first one for over a month, and still hasent died. Great vapor production, great life span, I love them personally. I think they are on of the best normal resistance atties on the market.

The one thing I don't like about them is normal carts fit a little loose on them, I had to order some emty carts from volcano which fit perfectly. I drip 95% of tthe time, so it's not a big deal for me anyway.

Edit: I havent taken these apart, but unlike the 510 attie from other vendors I don't see a wick in these. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure these don't have a wick in them.

Last edited:

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
There is a wick in them it is not as heavy as another 510 (standard 3.0) that I have but it does have a wicking material)
I pulled out the wick on one of them and tore off the bridge and it performs well, but honestly I left it in the others and they are still going strong and I vape 100% vg most of the time.

The magma atty is my favorite at 2.4-2.6 ohms they are in what I consider the sweet spot.I use them on an inferno and a magma but have noticed no wear and tear yet (the inferno cone probably stops any on that device)

I don't use any carts other than a short trial run I did with those so I can't comment on cart/atomizer performance at all but for dripping I love them and still have one that is going on its second month.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
Could you explain more?

Yeah, JSB is a bit shady.. I try to stay away from stuff out of that factory.

It means it has a candle like plastic of some sort with a string inside of the heated atomizer. It only lasted one whole month. The interior and exterior design is a bit flawed and similar to the use of smoking everywhere atomizers. These are not good, these a poor in quality design rather designed for quantity.

Again, I bought these because not of the reviews but vapor production and high powered. Low powered ones take time to heat up or not instant for the manual 016 batteries.

Unless someone can help me find a better quality high powered long last atomizer, I'm going to keep looking again. Send me a PM if you have resources.

AtomPunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Thornton, CO
I have a Magma atty and love it personally. I have been using the one I have for just over a month and haven't had any issues. I can second the fact that normal carts and drip tips don't seem to fit right on them. My delrin drip tip is pretty loose and wobbles on it. Other than that, it's probably my favorite atomizer right now.

Mathew R Taylor

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have a Magma atty and love it personally. I have been using the one I have for just over a month and haven't had any issues. I can second the fact that normal carts and drip tips don't seem to fit right on them. My delrin drip tip is pretty loose and wobbles on it. Other than that, it's probably my favorite atomizer right now.

I am also a big fan - It's a lower profile, so your media isn't pushed back (allowing for more juice)

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
Hmmm, after reading this, I decided I'd break out the Magma kit I bought from the classifieds, one that I haven't even fiddled with yet, and see how it works...

My finding: the Magma atty is actually a pretty nice atty! Coming from someone who's used to LR's anywhere from 1.5-2.0 ohms (and the heavy hit they entail), that's saying something. I dunno what the ohm rating is on these, but it feels like a LR atty, I can tell you that much. The Magma atty is even hitting hard on one of my 900mAh eGo batts, which is quite surprising since most standard atties I throw on it are doing good to give half of a good hit most of the time.

Keep in mind, I'm typing this up as I check it out for the first time, using the Magma atty *right now for the first time*...and I really like it!!! If I weren't so enamored by the eGo "Mega LR" atty and my e-pipe, I'd grab me a few more. Just some food for thought. :)

AtomPunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Thornton, CO
Hmmm, after reading this, I decided I'd break out the Magma kit I bought from the classifieds, one that I haven't even fiddled with yet, and see how it works...

My finding: the Magma atty is actually a pretty nice atty! Coming from someone who's used to LR's anywhere from 1.5-2.0 ohms (and the heavy hit they entail), that's saying something. I dunno what the ohm rating is on these, but it feels like a LR atty, I can tell you that much. The Magma atty is even hitting hard on one of my 900mAh eGo batts, which is quite surprising since most standard atties I throw on it are doing good to give half of a good hit most of the time.

Keep in mind, I'm typing this up as I check it out for the first time, using the Magma atty *right now for the first time*...and I really like it!!! If I weren't so enamored by the eGo "Mega LR" atty and my e-pipe, I'd grab me a few more. Just some food for thought. :)

According to Magma Mike, the Magma atomizer is a mid range ohm rating. I had been drinking a bit when I was talking to him about it so I don't remember the exact rating. I do know it's higher than a LR and lower than a regular. I think this is why I like them so much. I am still getting good flavor while getting a good amount of vapor without having to pull really hard.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
It's out put for a vape is good, but their "wick" design is the only thing that ruins it for me entirely. Take the 510 atomizers I get from litecigusa. Since my purchase from them, it's still the most long lasting atomizer I have ever had since this year of spring, and it has not failed me yet. The paint design on it is not designed in car paint like the magama ones. The conflict on these the most is not reaching the atomizer's cotton polyester like it should compared to the 510 that was purchased.

And what is an "Mega LR " atty? Why bother with abbreviation if you can't describe em first then abbreviated them? Like I did with LCUSA (see? Said the name above and I abbreviated so people know what I'm talking about).

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
This is interesting because I have a decent collection of atty's and I love my Magma ones. I have had no issues with them and I have been extremely hard on them. They seem to last longer for me than the Joye 510's I have. I know it has a washer inside so it looks like the wick is smaller, but it still pulls plenty of juice if you mod your carts. I will say that the fit with standard 510 stuff isn't good, you should buy some of theirs to get a snug fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread