Now what to put it in

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Friggin critters froze my board. :laugh:

I contacted Brandon yesterday so he is aware of the issue. He says it's an easy fix and we will have new boards to test by Tuesday.

For now, don't take it to 10.1W with an atty/ carto attached as that's where the software hiccup is.

The board itself is 33mm x 16mm and the OLED is 26mm x 8mm. It's gonna be a challenge for those of us putting it in a box type of case cuz the front of the OLED has no ridge to insert into what with the attached cable. So I'm looking at plexiglass insert options.

The layout of the board is easy for wiring as everything is clearly marked.
dna20d3.jpg

Last edited:

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Friggin critters froze my board. :laugh:

I contacted Brandon yesterday so he is aware of the issue. He says it's an easy fix and we will have new boards to test by Tuesday.

For now, don't take it to 10.1W with an atty/ carto attached as that's where the software hiccup is.

The board itself is 33mm x 16mm and the OLED is 26mm x 8mm. It's gonna be a challenge for those of us putting it in a box type of case cuz the front of the OLED has no ridge to insert into what with the attached cable. So I'm looking at plexiglass insert options.

The layout of the board is easy for wiring as everything is clearly marked.

Thanks Mamu, won't go above 10W for now.
Didn't have a chance to power it up. Been working on other projects.

Have you thought of what to use for the buttons

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Thanks Mamu, won't go above 10W for now.
Didn't have a chance to power it up. Been working on other projects.

Have you thought of what to use for the buttons

You can go above or below 10.1W. Just don't have an atty or carto attached when adjusting watts and you should get through the freeze at 10.1W aok.

I think it's awesome that Brandon gives us an opportunity to test these boards so we can ferret out these things before they hit the market. It's a win-win for everyone. And I get a freebie. :laugh:

I was debating whether to use a pot, or my own up/down buttons. But then I realized there's some features you can't access if using a pot, at least that's my understanding at this time, so will go with the up/down buttons.

I'm leaning toward using round silver tactile switches for up/down buttons... I like that they are small and round and can be press fit into place...

silvertact.jpg

And for the atty switch, I'm thinking I'll use my fave 12mm ss switch that I used for Denali, Dena, and Lexi.

OR... these past few weeks Ive been playing with a touch sensor ic and may use that instead of push button switches.

I picked up a few of these in 6mm (for the up/down buttons) and 12mm (for the fire button) to use as sensors... cool huh? :D

10x Round 12mm Men Silver Tone Stainless Steel Barbell Ear Stud Earring Jewelry | eBay

Just not sure what route I'm going yet.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks mamu. I was thinking more on the way of using pins to activate the on board tacts but your choice of external tacts would be better being the existing tacts are rather delicate looking. I've used those exact tacts before. I've been looking for about a month now for them in 100g and there is a world wide shortage. 300g's are readily available. I did get quotes from China on the 100g's and they want 5 bucks each plus a huge shipping fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread