Mainstream squonking....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
How popular is squonking in the states?

Here in the UK I have yet to meet anyone with a bottom feed mod of any kind, I don't understand why it is not mainstream already.

Loads of people vape in the UK but they mostly use tanks and less often drippers. Tanks have the advantage of juice capacity but can be a real pain to build and keep running without either dry hits or leaking issues. Drippers are easier to build on and you get more consistent results but you have to carry juice, paper towel etc. Dripping when away from the house is just a PITA.

I just don't get why more people are not already hooked on the bottom feeder concept?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Start preachin' to everyone you see.
Jup......been doin that! It's amazing how enthusiasm spreads.....I've helped sell a lot of reos to a lot of my porch peeps.....so at least I've been a good investment lol

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Getting more popular in South Africa thanks to the influence of the Reo. But it is an expensive device for most.
Some squonkers from China starting to appear and sell like hot cakes. Same with bf atomizers. Many of those buyers like it and aspire to Reos.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
The REO business has grown quickly in just 5 years! ECF is the only forum where Robert has a supplier forum. Even with this he has had much success in putting REO's into the hands of many across the globe.

Word of mouth has been the major selling tool for the REO. As the business grew other forums found the REO and some have dedicated threads talking about them.

Our own excitement and knowledge as REO owners played a huge part in the REO's growth. Not only because they work but because of the superior customer service that Robert provides.

Do a google search for Reo box mod. It is such a pleasure to see reosmods at the top of the page!

It is really up to Robert to decide how much more business he wants or needs.

To me owning a REO is a no brainer. And I will continue to do what I can to inform and educate people on the perfect vaping device in the world.

All because of Robert E. O'Neil, the man that put bottom fed mods on the map!

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
I agree, Rob has built an excellent device, his customer service is excellent. The market seems to be dominated by either very cheap ego type devices or more expensive regulated devices. It was a leap of faith for me to try an unregulated mech I really was not sure if it would work out for me. I am an electronics engineer so ohms law, battery current limits etc are pretty easy for me to understand. But it still took a while for me to find out about heat flux values and from there my perfect balance of enough vapour to satisfy and a long enough battery life to last me a day at work. My boss is a twenty a day smoker, he has tried vaping and like me found it irritating that he could not get anything to work well over any period of time. In the end he went back to smoking. I am trying to convince him to try a reo.

avpx1

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2015
How popular is squonking in the states?

Here in the UK I have yet to meet anyone with a bottom feed mod of any kind, I don't understand why it is not mainstream already.

Loads of people vape in the UK but they mostly use tanks and less often drippers. Tanks have the advantage of juice capacity but can be a real pain to build and keep running without either dry hits or leaking issues. Drippers are easier to build on and you get more consistent results but you have to carry juice, paper towel etc. Dripping when away from the house is just a PITA.

I just don't get why more people are not already hooked on the bottom feeder concept?
I agree. I think squonking is the superior way to vape. I can drip when I'm home but why bother. Squonking is a lot easier. I own a REO and I also converted a mech into a sqounker and an unregulated box mod too. I own many types of devices but bottom feeders are the way to go and get the most use. I've shown them to my local vape shops but they just don't see the demand. It is almost like you have to get lucky and come across someone with one to actually see how great it is. I'm so glad I came across squonking by lurking on ECF and after seeing so many posts I finally took the plunge and am so glad I did. I hope others get the chance to give it a try.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I have only seen one other reo user in the flesh, and that was a B&M owner who liked the one I demoed for him in his shop.

I work in a studio with a lot of youthful people, and of the 20 or so other vapers, 20 or so of them use a subtank or atlantis on a reg box of some sort. Now, they do respect the reo and refer to me as Papa Vape (I'll take it as a compliment) for trouble shooting problems for them, but there is a definite peer norming thing going on. They refer to the reo as "serious", "hard core", and "OG" - again, respectful, but distancing language.

Most, if not all, of the 40+ year old vapers I know are rocking egos with clearos (and struggling for the most part).

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
We have quite a few vape shops in my neck of the woods; and for those who hang around in them, conventional dripping is very popular, as are regulated boxes. I'm not one to hang out in vape lounges and shops. I really have no reason to. Most of the vaping crowd is much younger than I. But on the rare occasion that I do enter one, I always have a Reo with me. Most just show a passing interest; but I've yet to have anyone seem interested enough to inquire about obtaining one.
I'm a short timer, compared to some of the folks here in Reoville. I've only been a Reonaut for about a year. I was a die hard dripper before my first Reo, and a die hard mesh genisis user before that. But now that I've been using Reos, I can't understand, for the life of me, why anyone would use a conventional dripper.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Add another 5 secs of one guy screaming thst his tank is empty and another guy dumping a bottle of juice on his mod trying to drip and crying while another guy is squanking away and vaping huge clouds stress and worry free and say looks like it's time to call rob at reosmods boys! Lol

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
The ONLY thing that kept me from getting a Reo for a while, was the money. Now I wish I had saved the money that I spent on other stuff, and used it on Reos. You live and learn. I had to find out the right thing for me. It was just hard for me to plunk down that much cash for something, I might not even like. Now I am convinced it is the only thing I want from now on. I use the Woodvil practically non-stop. It is my go to device. I used to love the drippers, and tanks. Now I can squonk instead of drip, but get dripper taste. The best of both worlds. I also like using my own batteries, and changing them out. I don't miss vv/vw mods. I still have them and use them, but only for flavor changes. Once I get enough Reos, all this other stuff is gonna get put away for back ups. Even my mech mods just don't do it for me as much as a Reo. I love a mech with a dripper. I barely touch my tanks now. The Woodvil is king, followed by the metal Reo Grand LP.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I don't see any other Reos I my neck of the woods but I do see lots of tubes and most recently boxes. I picked up my first Reo a couple months into vaping and was sold on the superiority of the flavor. But for the longest time, I only used it at home for fear that it would leak (I'm a front jean pocket mod toting vapor) and vaping from a tube was more similar to smoking a cig. A few months back, I put my query regarding leaking out to the Reo masses. Got great information (as usual) and have since never left the house without one in my pocket.
Vaping is a changing and so are vapors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread